Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Block or refuse to have to play against a certain person

Lunatearz
Lunatearz
✭✭
With Tot, players play purposefully slow or other reasons you don't want to play against a certain person. It would be nice if you could block them so that you do not have to play against them anymore.. that should limit the amount of grief that this game can give.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lunatearz wrote: »
    ...or other reasons you don't want to play against a certain person...

It could be exploited to block the best players in ranked matches so you have easier games.

Same in casual matches, you block all of the best players/names you play against and so increase your chances of facing weaker opponents, this way you get your gold, purple or blue boxes easier too.

Believe me people will do it.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 26, 2022 2:24PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • ocdcoder
    ocdcoder
    Soul Shriven
    I was thinking about this earlier and wondering if it would work to allow very limited blocking, like, say, no more than a few people and no one who's in the top 10%? And maybe a bit less restrictive in number for the unranked matches?

I've never really had problems with other players and have only blocked three people during the year or so that I've been playing, but two of those were from recent unranked ToT matches... As I understand it, that does keep them from messaging you, but especially if you're playing at a time of night when there aren't a lot of other players, you still risk getting matched with them over and over...
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

It could be exploited to block the best players in ranked matches so you have easier games.

Same in casual matches, you block all of the best players/names you play against and so increase your chances of facing weaker opponents, this way you get your gold, purple or blue boxes easier too.

since its based on points and if they are the best player they (i dont call it the best since its based on luck) can beat other players and advance over you anyway
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    ocdcoder wrote: »
    As I understand it, that does keep them from messaging you, but especially if you're playing at a time of night when there aren't a lot of other players, you still risk getting matched with them over and over...

exactly my point...

• Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

the reasons shouldnt matter its point based anyway and if you cant play against a person you cant gain points from them but you cant predict of they higher or lower rank then you.. maybe make it so you cant block unblock and reblock withint a certain time range