The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 35 Battlegrounds - Single Game Mode

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This was buried in the stickied post on the General Discussion forum.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7631744/#Comment_7631744
First, we’re implementing some tech that will allow us to easily activate special Battleground weekends, without requiring any server downtime to start or stop.

The plan will be to feature a single game mode over several days and also grant 25% increased AP while participating.

We look forward to testing everything out in the next PTS cycle so we can officially kick these off once Update 35 launches.

Does this mean Deathmatch weekends? Please not Capture the Relic!
PC NA
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, a Capture the Relic weekend sounds absolutely awful. Literally any of the other game modes would be acceptable, but Capture the Relic is far and away the worst of them and it for an entire weekend would make me not play any BGs at all. Since I mainly play BGs in ESO at the moment that would mean I probably wouldn't play at all during that weekend.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its possible they might include a separate queue for the mode with a bonus, as the random BG still has its own bonus

if it was specifically capture relic, i might actually try to do that some to try to work on achievements for either capturing relics, or killing relic runners
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos, if you're going to do Objective Mode weekends, you need to take a hard look at rebalancing each mode to encourage conflict and engagement. A whole weekend of CTR where people run around in Vamp 4 invis and don't even try to fight you does not sound fun - all of the objective modes are prone to absurd strategies that end the game without any actual combat.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Aquelarre
    Aquelarre
    We are hungry. We need a space to battle without lag, in a small scale. It can’t be posible to make a new map and new modes due to server and population? Just give what people are asking. More deathmatch, less no-combat modes.

Population can be solved increasing the rewards. A lot of people would hop to the PvP side of the game. It will result in shorter queues, and less “toon hoping” to gain more xp.
  • lronclaw
    lronclaw
    ✭✭
    Eso pvp:

Cyrodiil: Ride to your death in 50+ enemy hands. Repeat. If you have a big enough guild you could play huge scale pvp and throw random *** at people, yay. I don't even consider this one pvp besides situational 1v1 or 1v2-3 encounters which are very much rare. Cannot find actual battle 99/100 of the time and when you do, you need to ride 900 kilometres for it.

Imperial city: Empty as hell, dead as a rat carcass. Occasional 20 something zergling group killing 3 or 4 other people that try to play the game mode. Absolutely awful experience and 0 new content and improvement over years. Cannot find any actual battle 99/100 of the time.

Battlegrounds: Should be renamed to "nonbattle grounds" at this point. This gamemode includes avoiding battle altogether, abusing unkillable builds by forgetting about damage and sitting on flags and horrible maps to make it feel like large scale by preventing duel encounters if you happen to get to play a deathmatch which is the only actual battle in this game (due to map variety you might just get 4v4v4 clown fiesta because open area throwing random stuff at people is very fun). 3 teams ruin it for the most part also but I won't even talk about that.

Basically this game only has deathmatch as an actual battle and pvp feeling, if you happen to get an actual reasonable map. And you are ruining it and taking it away even further. Bravo... It was very nice to see deathmatch only q as a seperate option. I guess it was too good of an improvement for us.