The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Refine Experiment on the PTS (picture heavy)

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There was something I always wanted to do on the PTS but never got around to doing it. Which is refining large amounts of material at one time.

Here are the results:

Platinum Dust (The smallest collection, due to a live server refining mistake I made):

b60wdsa6ineu.png

Refining all of it resulted in.

oytlcg0pz4z4.png

Silk:

gio0k89v9xz3.png

I was surprised that the max I can refine at any one time is indeed 10k worth, that resulted in...

ncckggkvuyyy.png

With this much left over.

4s8zi1mu05tu.png

Leather:

lcvcjgw63qm3.png

10k refined resulted in:

eybmlgt8a1o8.png

With this much left over.

o2uhmn2ty71d.png

Wood:

lmun0hs5wucp.png

Refining 10k worth:

ddibuii9voq3.png

With this much left over:

vkgpkkdanrsb.png

Ore:

64epmagpimxq.png

Refining 10k:

q1bsi5fu1y4e.png

Left over:

65giysujgsac.png

That's it. Just posting this in case anyone else was curious.

EDIT: All passives turned on, "Meticulous Disassembly" turned off (by mistake, ah well).
Edited by BlueRaven on September 27, 2022 12:55AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which extraction passives did you have? The skill point ones? Meticulous Disassembly? Neither?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer: Random results :D
    But thanks for the mass-refining screenshots.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Which extraction passives did you have? The skill point ones? Meticulous Disassembly? Neither?

All passives on, and it turns out I forgot to slot "Meticulous Disassembly". /facepalm
    (I have an addon that usually changes that for me. But I have no addons loaded on the PTS.)

I will update the original post.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to do it in smaller increments. Nefas did a vid showing him refining a year's worth of surveys or some such thing. Did it in huge increments with laughable results. Upon changing to smaller ones gold mats increased. By a lot. Probably has its own cool down or something stupid but I average about 1-2 rosins per 100 raw wood. I once tried to refine 900 at once. I got 4 rosin. Never again.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best to do it in smaller increments. Nefas did a vid showing him refining a year's worth of surveys or some such thing. Did it in huge increments with laughable results. Upon changing to smaller ones gold mats increased. By a lot. Probably has its own cool down or something stupid but I average about 1-2 rosins per 100 raw wood. I once tried to refine 900 at once. I got 4 rosin. Never again.

The rate without Meticulous Disassembly is expected to be 1 gold mat per 200 raw mats refined.

Tmbrinks has shown the quantity refined is irrelevant in the long term:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/506083/1-year-of-tracking-writ-drops-and-refining-rates/p1

If you have data to contradict that, please link it. Otherwise it is anecdotal. I’ve gotten 1 rosin from 10 raw wood. That doesn’t mean the drop rate is 10%. It means I got lucky. The figure will near the expected drop rate the more refining you do, which is why very large numbers are required to test and prove claims like this.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 27, 2022 5:08AM