The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

crashes random

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
for many months I have been putting up with these crashes.
steps done, new PC with updated drivers, fresh install win11 and ESO, yes it is fresh with 0 add ons, not that having add ons on or off or even deleted from folder makes any difference.
It runs flawlessly 2-5 days, than constant crashes 2-5 days. Big fight no fight, AFK it doesn't matter.
Moved ESO to C: drive hoping, but nah.

Firewall open ports, launch game surpassing launcher, closing launcher after hitting "play". I've tried everything.
Antivirus open port

Not everyone is having this problem it seems.
Sometimes error code 334 sometimes just "An error has occured. Please wait a few minutes and log in again. takes up to 5 minutes to log back in.

I have done steps recommended by ESO multiple times in the past. IT DOESN'T HELP! in my situation.

Game takes longer to close then it does my PC to shutdown and restart lol REALLY?

Submitted ticket being ignored....awesome service.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite a few seem to have these crashes now after patch (in cyrodiil atleast)

I've been having them since the last couple of patches, but repairing the game fixed it temporarily until U35 hit. Now I get them all the time again. No matter if campaign is empty, its a small or big fight. Totally random.

Also the bug where after you get stunned and CCbreak, you can't use any abilities/ults or potions. Only dodgeroll and block for 15+ seconds meaning you can just watch yourself die.
    EU | PC
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of crashes last night prime time. At one point about 10 people came into zone chat to say they crashed while porting to an outpost that had a big fight in it. And of course the defending faction lost that outpost.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4/5 GH NA player here. I've had 3+ disconnects in the span of 5 minutes. Everyone is freezing on my screen, then speeds up fast only to freeze again. The lag is atrocious right now, worse than it usually is. Absolutely unacceptable at this point
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Factory overclock of GPU can cause crashes. You can google stock frequencies and try them.
    Try to disable overlays. For example GPU driver, steam and discord overlays are enabled by default.
    Try to limit frame rate to something reasonable like 48 or 60, otherwise GPU/CPU may be overheating.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Factory overclock of GPU can cause crashes. You can google stock frequencies and try them.
    Try to disable overlays. For example GPU driver, steam and discord overlays are enabled by default.
    Try to limit frame rate to something reasonable like 48 or 60, otherwise GPU/CPU may be overheating.

It's on ZOS's end, not our end. This is well established as of years and years ago.

Note that it's also the gamebox players making the same complaints, not just PC players.
    Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on August 30, 2022 3:48PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not a word of this? It's way worse than patches before. Happening multiple times -.-
    EU | PC
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    5 crashes on a Sunday night. Game ran good all morning and afternoon. Prime time, nope.
    Multiple crashes are so random. It runs good for a couple of days, some days one crash only, some, like today unplayable. Unfair to me, I purchased this game and would like to enjoy all the features it offers.