The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please add a COD option for crown store gifting

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    "Profit versus cost of implementing; will the changes actually benefit ZOS, how many people would actually use whatever does matter."
    I've read in other threads suggesting a secure method of exchanging crowns for gold in game would be profitable for ZoS because they would sell more crowns. I'm not sure that would be true. Demand would increase but I doubt supply would increase. The gold per crown ratio would greatly increase. Maybe players that get ESO+ would be more willing to sell with the increased gold price and a secure method of selling but that is still a really limited supply.

That has been my point the entire time. It simply might not be worth doing.

I'm not at all convinced. The lack of security has driven up prices of in game gold for crowns and you with to assert that more security will drive prices higher? No one is gonna buy that. Prices are high because of the risk of being burned. I can't imagine anyone who would argue against secure transactions. If you looked at hoses for example and saw how much in game gold a house costs versus the amount of crowns it works out to be about 200 gold per crown. Today the cost is 10 times that and more. Clearly people are tired of getting burned.

The lack of security is causing many players to not chance buying crown items for gold. Every crown seller I am aware of either demands the gold first or demands a trusted third party holds the gold before they make the crown store purchase. If the purchase was secure that would drive up demand and higher demand means higher prices. The people getting burned are the ones spending the gold. We are getting away from the original discussion though.

The truth is making crown item sales secure is not as simple as you imagined. I would like to see secure transactions even though I believe it will drive up the cost. Making it so isn't a quick little bit of code though.

And what drove up prices is houses being made available as gifts. Right after that happened there was a severe shortage of crowns available for sale because of increased demand. Add to that the changes ZoS made in how crowns are purchased (using other countries currency for cheaper crowns no longer available) and the supply significantly dropped. Higher demand and lower supply meant a big jump in price. The lack of security has always been there so it can't be blamed for the increase.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Profit versus cost of implementing; will the changes actually benefit ZOS, how many people would actually use whatever does matter."
    I've read in other threads suggesting a secure method of exchanging crowns for gold in game would be profitable for ZoS because they would sell more crowns. I'm not sure that would be true. Demand would increase but I doubt supply would increase. The gold per crown ratio would greatly increase. Maybe players that get ESO+ would be more willing to sell with the increased gold price and a secure method of selling but that is still a really limited supply.

That has been my point the entire time. It simply might not be worth doing.

I'm not at all convinced. The lack of security has driven up prices of in game gold for crowns and you with to assert that more security will drive prices higher? No one is gonna buy that. Prices are high because of the risk of being burned. I can't imagine anyone who would argue against secure transactions. If you looked at hoses for example and saw how much in game gold a house costs versus the amount of crowns it works out to be about 200 gold per crown. Today the cost is 10 times that and more. Clearly people are tired of getting burned.

The lack of security is causing many players to not chance buying crown items for gold. Every crown seller I am aware of either demands the gold first or demands a trusted third party holds the gold before they make the crown store purchase. If the purchase was secure that would drive up demand and higher demand means higher prices. The people getting burned are the ones spending the gold. We are getting away from the original discussion though.

The truth is making crown item sales secure is not as simple as you imagined. I would like to see secure transactions even though I believe it will drive up the cost. Making it so isn't a quick little bit of code though.

And what drove up prices is houses being made available as gifts. Right after that happened there was a severe shortage of crowns available for sale because of increased demand. Add to that the changes ZoS made in how crowns are purchased (using other countries currency for cheaper crowns no longer available) and the supply significantly dropped. Higher demand and lower supply meant a big jump in price. The lack of security has always been there so it can't be blamed for the increase.

now that sounds credible.