The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Simple solution for PVP

MajorSnakeFox
MajorSnakeFox
✭✭✭
A simple solution for the current tank meta in PVP:

Each piece of heavy armor reduces magic and weapon damage by 3%.

Healing just doesn't scale over damage anymore!

Why is it possible in PVP to have 36K+ resistance and 7K+ weapon damage with heavy armor? That makes no sense. It is illogical.

Convince me otherwise.
Edited by Psiion on September 18, 2022 2:49AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the tank meta has much to do with heavy armor. There may be heavy armor sets at play but they are possibly used on jewelry in favor of a mixed weight on body. I mean I might be wrong but that's what my gut is telling me. Since they redid the armor passives so heavy armor takes more magic damage I don't think its popular like it used to be.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of those hight damage and armor builds are done with medium armor and defensive sets. I'd rather they do better sets for damage and penetration to where you just might be able to keep up or even outpace a tankier build vs what they can do to you.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and moved this thread to a more appropriate section for discussion. We appreciate the understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now medium armor is in the meta. It gives damage / heal (spd). Gives a lot of dodge and block bonuses. Heavy armor and light armor are nerfed and give a lot of unnecessary bonuses and few useful ones.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armor weighting has been the least important factor for increasing tankiness in pvp for a while now. Full medium armor with major resolve and minor resolve from armor buff + vigor gets most classes to about 28-30k armor value, then there's likely another 40-50% mitigation provided by CP, defensive set bonuses and skills/buffs on top of this. Then there are also the situational mitigations such as evasion (10/20% AoE), blocking which has its own complete set-up including skills/passives/CP/cost reduction, etc and the ever increasingly free dodge rolls that mitigate majority of damage entirely.

Medium armor is probably the biggest culprit here when combined with the CPs, skills, buffs, passives etc. The fact that it gives so many strong passives for defending yourself in pvp with unique and stacking bonuses to speed, reductions to roll dodge/break free cost, on top of providing the best damage bonuses which also naturally buffs healing and has zero downsides to running it unlike running light/heavy armor.