Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

europe on NA server

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
If you're from Japan, Australia or whatevers, stay on your server. is it possible that you could play with your friends and allow us to play with ours?
9am ball grps or 50 man zergs in Cyrodiil isn't fun when your faction has 1-2 bars and trying to enjoy themselves while being 40vs1 every we go.

I also want to enjoy my play on ESO. but thanks to guilds like DV who plays either EP or DC and occasionnaly AD are spoiling my PVP times in the morning.
You have no one to fight but the doors. That is NOT player vs player lol

I dont want to hear "oh but I have 600 ping". I also want to enjoy the game, ZoS figure something out.
  • Cynical_Alchemist
    What the….? There is no Australian server. Aussies play on NA. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2022 6:38PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gameplay rulesets tied to CURRENT player populations need to be instituted...give low pop alliance players some chance...

i don't really care so much who wins the campaign (been in cyro since 2015)...it would be nice though to log in and not have the whole "main" map consistently one color...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    If you're from Japan, Australia or whatevers, stay on your server. is it possible that you could play with your friends and allow us to play with ours?
    9am ball grps or 50 man zergs in Cyrodiil isn't fun when your faction has 1-2 bars and trying to enjoy themselves while being 40vs1 every we go.

I also want to enjoy my play on ESO. but thanks to guilds like DV who plays either EP or DC and occasionnaly AD are spoiling my PVP times in the morning.
    You have no one to fight but the doors. That is NOT player vs player lol

I dont want to hear "oh but I have 600 ping". I also want to enjoy the game, ZoS figure something out.

The issue is every server beyond pc na lags horrifically. I've played xbox eu - horrific lag. Played pc na and 6s channel delays in pvp I.e. locked in dizzy animation. Go to pc na with 200+ ping and skills work instantly. No brainer if you value smooth gameplay over having to regrind.

I've seen many content creators do the same like myself due to this.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS made your characters 'account wide' and not server bound i'd happily do my thing on 'My server' during the daytime hours, until then, i'm stuck in lag town playing with my FRIENDS on NA.

Edit: If ZOS did bless us with the normality of what is commonplace on other MMOS i'd happily be presented with the option of "Pick your data set to keep" to unlock this ability if merging the data sets from both servers was not possible. a fair compromise i think if you can pick which one to bin and which one to keep. Or do it per character to prevent conflicts.
    Edited by doabhi on September 12, 2022 10:09AM
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should make 2 NA servers, one in east coast and one in west coast and use geographical locks, so entitled people don't have to counter foreigners. Because their experience is more important than other's.

You know timezones exist and your prime time is different than some other's? Play on your primetime then.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People from NA also play on all times of the day, depending on shift work, schedule, etc., it might not be the majority, but it does happen. Also, since there are are only two servers, people from around the world have to choose one or the other (and trust me, no one likes to PvP with a high ping), so nightcapping from your PoV is inevitable, and happens on all factions. If you want to complain about something, then complain that ZOS doesn't have more servers. Plus, DV are doing the Lord's work, if it weren't for them, DC would only have one keep (and it would likely be the Chalamo) :lol:.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, as we've removed a few non-constructive comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we see some kind of unification across the mega servers some day, not dissimilar to how other MMO's handle it. that being, your progress, character data etc. is account wide and you just pick a server to start that session on.

As i mentioned above, I'd be happy to sacrifice characters on either side so long as i got to choose which ones to keep as part of my migration to a new unification system. Account data can be stored and synchronized during logout as it already is, and fetched again during login - since the back end of the game runs on a massive database anyway, this to my understanding isn't outside the realms of possibility, it's just a conscious design choice not to do so.

If ZOS adopted this approach, it'd mean that EU players could play on EU servers to do their day to day stuff, without having to manage 2 sets of characters just to pick the game up with friends over seas and play together on NA, rather they could simply select the NA/EU Server at login like they do anyway and the character data is read as it is from the database, the only difference is when you log out of one server, that data is committed to a shared database both servers read from before caching it to a high performance database for active use, and commit the changes back when the player logs out

On a more technical side, you could place a 'flag' on the shared data set to say that this data was accessed recently (Say by EU) and not updated, promoting the NA server to request a sync, or simply say to the player "your data is still synchronizing try later" to which this flag becomes 'unset' when the sync is complete from the other server. B)

Hope the Devs get to see this! would love a dev comment.