The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New mounts

• LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    an oriental palanquin with guards for the rich and two slaves with stretchers for the poor. It is possible to install a double bed in a stretcher
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    A war elephant that could also act as a battening ram

Getting the speed skill up on that elephant:
    giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing some of your suggestions here. We've passed some of them on to the dev team as player recommended mounts for the future.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing some of your suggestions here. We've passed some of them on to the dev team as player recommended mounts for the future.

Do you have to? Most of these are horrible ideas.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

can we have a shivering and cold steam breath personality? :)

for frosty characters!
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on September 13, 2022 4:53PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • GothicMando
    Could we get a Bull mount for Minotaur Role players too?

And how about one of those big badass boars from Greymoor expansion?
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallimimus
    Terror bird
    Moose
    Ostrich
    Zebra
    Bactrian camel
    Giant boar
    Buffalo

@ZOS_Kevin thats all i got off the top of my head. War elephant sounds cool
    Edited by rexagamemnon on September 13, 2022 8:39PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have the horse-and-cart combo from Daggerfall, please? Including the additional inventory slots from back then.

Ah yes, and while we‘re at it, bring back the Centaurs from Daggerfall. They seem to have fallen through the omnipresent holes in the ground, as they didn‘t appear in any of the later games.

Personally..... I would absolutely LOVE more of Daggerfall in this game .... or Daggerfall as a multi-player ......

Ah well, if wishes were fishes.... we'd have a LOT of fat Khajiit

Auldwulfe
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

So just to address this, the reason we share these with the dev team is because sometimes the ideas can be spun off in different directions from the dev team. At the very least, it helps with the creative process. At most, it can prove to be an inspiration for a new mount for players to enjoy. It may not be an exact match for what is suggested, but sharing ideas never hurts.
    Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So just to address this, the reason we share these with the dev team is because sometimes the ideas can be spun off in different directions from the dev team. At the very least, it helps with the creative process. At most, it can prove to be an inspiration for a new mount for players to enjoy. It may not be an exact match for what is suggested, but sharing ideas never hurts.

Well, while you're passing things on to the devs, how about that Q&A? :D Still silence on that front.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

Well, while you're passing things on to the devs, how about that Q&A? :D Still silence on that front.

I answered this somewhere else on the forum, but there isn't any updated information at the moment. We are still checking in on a few things regarding the Q&A. But once we have more info, we'll be sure to share it.

Staff Post
  • From_Siberia
    From_Siberia
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to see continue the knightly theme. I want knight mounts without any neon lights and light bulbs, just beautiful and elegant mounts. And armor. I want to see beautiful armor without towel between legs. And weapons that look like real ones. My character is a girl, any of your sword motifs for her hands are logs weighing half a centner! Play Kingdom Сome for example, get inspired.

kartinki-ryczarej-29-650x590.jpg
    kartinki-ryczarej-2-650x487.jpg
    Edited by From_Siberia on September 13, 2022 5:13PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK please note I was only joking about the Netch, but deadly serious about the boar. Seriously, serious. In the ZoZ event, I spent more time looking at the boar next to the Indriks than the Indriks.

(And serious about the regional mounts)
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want knight mounts without any neon lights and light bulbs, just beautiful and elegant mounts.
    - Same! Customizable mount adornments would be nice too.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want a mule mount! To sort of match the donkey pet.

For basegame animals that would be super good, how about those giant tortoises in Southern elsweyr? They could still be slow but maybe carry more than one person.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, anything that doesn't use the 6 or so skeletons we already have. Some mounts really shouldn't have been fit over one of those as they just look bad when it's done. Every "big" mount being a heavyweight rigged model just seems...lazy? I don't know a better way to describe it.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Wherever the creative process takes the developers, I hope they realize that more people will enjoy the fruits of their labor if they can earn those mounts in game. I think there's enough rotating stock in the crown store and events, give us a reason to play the game and chase achievements. I'm sure this feedback will be ignored, but I'm putting it out there anyways.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Destai Just wanted to note here that we'll pass this to our teams as well. They have seen others note feedback like this as well. But wanted to make a point that we will pass this on.
    Staff Post
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to see continue the knightly theme. I want knight mounts without any neon lights and light bulbs, just beautiful and elegant mounts. And armor. I want to see beautiful armor without towel between legs. And weapons that look like real ones. My character is a girl, any of your sword motifs for her hands are logs weighing half a centner! Play Kingdom Сome for example, get inspired.

kartinki-ryczarej-29-650x590.jpg
    kartinki-ryczarej-2-650x487.jpg

Yes this, but with properly-sized components. The House Dufort helm is too narrow and small especially on some characters but it's the closest we have so far.

original-z9bNOKdlImW9AwfWLgGlk6gQGKkO46SK7yrtJSFM.jpg

Whoever wears that helm must have a weirdly squished head lol. It's obviously supposed to be an armet helmet but it's just off in an odd way.

Compare that to real life examples like your photos and this one:

group-th-century-knights-wearing-german-plate-armor-around-group-th-century-knights-wearing-german-plate-armor-around-118262395.jpg

Supposed to be the same basic style of helm but something about the character models maybe throws it off. I haven't seen one helm in game yet with realistic proportions.

I would SO love to see more armor sets and mounts based on real life. Not sure they will be more popular than the flashy fantasy stuff we have though so I'm not holding my breath lol.

My favorite mounts are the Alliance War Horse

qA6qxCt.jpg

and the Imperial War Horse

yOIxz8F.jpg

and it's probably obvious why lol. More mounts like these and less like the flashy otherwordly World Of Warcraft mounts please!

Edited by Holycannoli on September 13, 2022 7:15PM
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TairenSoul wrote: »
    You could use a cart or ride in Daggerfall! That was fun!

As long as I get the inventory boost. Allow me to plunder everything in a dungeon, head back to the exit and dump it all in my cart, then clop along to the next place.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give me the cow I can ride. Or, alternatively, LOTS of rabbits that carry me around like I'm crowd surfing at a concert.

I think we need a 'Wow' reaction. :D
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd really like more normal mounts and especially knightly warhorse mounts. It's a shame we haven't seen a single new one in the Year of the Bretons. For every sparkle mount in the game, there should be like 25 regular ones, even if just reskins in different colours.

Especially when there's an unreleased armoured warhorse (including barding with Breton decoration) standing right at the Gonfalon stables to taunt me.

Often the collectibles that are shown in a chapter don't get released until the year after, which is rather unfortunate as people generally want to use those when playing through the chapter.

Same with the dungeon sets, why aren't they available as motifs when the dungeons come out? Since it's not that they need to hold them back to artficially retain interest, as there's always new motifs whenever new content comes out. So it always puzzled me as it makes so much more sense to release it when it is most relevant.

Also about that Dufort helmet mentioned above, the ESO Fashion pictures are often very unflattering IMO, since they usually showcase the sets on very thin characters, The same helmet that looks kind of ridiculous on the linked picture looks amazing on my own character, as well as on about every other character I've seen wearing it, so I'd suggest to preview it in game instead.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also about that Dufort helmet mentioned above, the ESO Fashion pictures are often very unflattering IMO, since they usually showcase the sets on very thin characters, The same helmet that looks kind of ridiculous on the linked picture looks amazing on my own character, as well as on about every other character I've seen wearing it, so I'd suggest to preview it in game instead.

I've seen it in game including on my own characters. It's narrow and misshapen.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This

3tv96gycnh7b.jpg
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more normal looking horses only with different styles and colors.

No apex, no fiery, no glowing, no sparkly, no smoky, no bright bursts of light.

Things like these:
    • Black horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with black mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) braided mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) mane and tail separated in multiple ponytails
    • Horse with wavy mane and tail
    Edited by SilverBride on September 14, 2022 5:32PM
    PCNA
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more normal looking horses only with different styles and colors.

No apex, no fiery, no glowing, no sparkly, no smoky, no bright bursts of light.

Things like these:
    • Black horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with black mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) braided mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) mane and tail separated in multiple ponytails
    • Horse with wavy mane and tail

These ideas are great ... I would only add one more ... cut the carbs on the horses... right now, they are REALLY chunky..... and with the super fast gallop.... they look comical.

Auldwulfe
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current lack of mounts purchasable for gold in every single corner of Tamriel is a bit more concerning than the current variety of store mounts. The fact that I get to buy the same 3 horse reskins in the cold mountains of Wrothgar, the hot deserts of Alik'r and CLOCKWORK CITY, the one place where no organic creatures exist apart from the few men and mer who have to come up with ideas to feed themselves, is a bit disappointing and not the greatest addition to world building.

The fact that each stable master in DLC zones is equipped with a store mount for display but not for sale, only adds to the frustration. I vote for less crown store mounts and more gold mounts. Preferably mounts that fit into the world/selective zone.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if this have been suggested before, but I think a infant dragon mount would be cool. It wont fly of course. Plenty of room to expand on skins etc for it. @ZOS_Kevin
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The current lack of mounts purchasable for gold in every single corner of Tamriel is a bit more concerning than the current variety of store mounts. The fact that I get to buy the same 3 horse reskins in the cold mountains of Wrothgar, the hot deserts of Alik'r and CLOCKWORK CITY, the one place where no organic creatures exist apart from the few men and mer who have to come up with ideas to feed themselves, is a bit disappointing and not the greatest addition to world building.

The fact that each stable master in DLC zones is equipped with a store mount for display but not for sale, only adds to the frustration. I vote for less crown store mounts and more gold mounts. Preferably mounts that fit into the world/selective zone.

That's very disappointing yes. So much potential for different mounts available in different regions of the world and a reason to actually visit stables and purchase a mount from them.
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    I dont know if this have been suggested before, but I think a infant dragon mount would be cool. It wont fly of course. Plenty of room to expand on skins etc for it. @ZOS_Kevin

Dragons don't have children.