Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New mounts

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    I just want more normal looking horses only with different styles and colors.

No apex, no fiery, no glowing, no sparkly, no smoky, no bright bursts of light.

Things like these:
    • Black horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with black mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) braided mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) mane and tail separated in multiple ponytails
    • Horse with wavy mane and tail

These ideas are great ... I would only add one more ... cut the carbs on the horses... right now, they are REALLY chunky..... and with the super fast gallop.... they look comical.

Auldwulfe

Whatever you do, don't feed the horses Beefarino. :#
    PCNA
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    I just want more normal looking horses only with different styles and colors.

No apex, no fiery, no glowing, no sparkly, no smoky, no bright bursts of light.

Things like these:
    • Black horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with red mane and tail
    • White horse with black mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) braided mane and tail
    • Horse with long (and short version) mane and tail separated in multiple ponytails
    • Horse with wavy mane and tail

These ideas are great ... I would only add one more ... cut the carbs on the horses... right now, they are REALLY chunky..... and with the super fast gallop.... they look comical.

Auldwulfe

Whatever you do, don't feed the horses Beefarino. :#

And that is funny -- we need a laugh button.....

However, I stand by my statement, the horses we do have are Chunky...... they look "squashed" in, as though they were made bigger, and then adjusted by just pushing in the borders of the image

Auldwulfe
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current lack of mounts purchasable for gold in every single corner of Tamriel is a bit more concerning than the current variety of store mounts. The fact that I get to buy the same 3 horse reskins in the cold mountains of Wrothgar, the hot deserts of Alik'r and CLOCKWORK CITY, the one place where no organic creatures exist apart from the few men and mer who have to come up with ideas to feed themselves, is a bit disappointing and not the greatest addition to world building.

The fact that each stable master in DLC zones is equipped with a store mount for display but not for sale, only adds to the frustration. I vote for less crown store mounts and more gold mounts. Preferably mounts that fit into the world/selective zone.

Totally agree! This was very disappointing for me when I first realized this.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakenaxe wrote: »
    The current lack of mounts purchasable for gold in every single corner of Tamriel is a bit more concerning than the current variety of store mounts. The fact that I get to buy the same 3 horse reskins in the cold mountains of Wrothgar, the hot deserts of Alik'r and CLOCKWORK CITY, the one place where no organic creatures exist apart from the few men and mer who have to come up with ideas to feed themselves, is a bit disappointing and not the greatest addition to world building.

The fact that each stable master in DLC zones is equipped with a store mount for display but not for sale, only adds to the frustration. I vote for less crown store mounts and more gold mounts. Preferably mounts that fit into the world/selective zone.

Totally agree! This was very disappointing for me when I first realized this.

Yeah - it's one of the reasons I park all my characters at the same stable .... no point in bothering, since their only service is buying up speed, then pack space, then stamina.......

Now, if you had to travel to, say, Solitude to level up a wolf or bear mount...and Summerset to level a Griffon... while horses could be anywhere, that could be interesting.....

And YES, if you advertise that you have that mount in the stable, LET us buy it ..... I know it's supposed to be an advertisement for the crown store... but if you are doing that, then maybe update the stables, so they don't show expired mounts.

Auldwulfe
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    don't forget a crab mount

it can only go left or right
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    rickshaw scamp - the rickshaw cart has 2 seats
  • Prophet_of_Malacath
    Echatere Mount using the Heavyweight or Dwemer spider skeletons (due to multiple legs). Not only would it be a nudge for Orsinium (Clan Shatul would be repped!) but they're common (thanks to the NPC being seen in every city). Plus it just uses existing models!

Chaurus Mount - besides using existing models, they're dope. And if you had a hairy version, you'd re-actualize Orc legends about riding "hairy centipedes" in the mountain altitudes. It'd go well with the frost-themed crown mounts covered in fur.

Bristlebacks - use existing models & are dope!

Clannfears use existing models.

All-in-all, more Tamriel-unique fauna with pre-existing models would be chef's kiss.
    The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the perfect idea for a mount:

A Chimera
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin a radiant apex elk mount in some future crown crates would be amazing.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    I dont know if this have been suggested before, but I think a infant dragon mount would be cool. It wont fly of course. Plenty of room to expand on skins etc for it. @ZOS_Kevin

Dragons don't have children.

I didn't realize that, I guess i’m not good with elder scroll lore. I just want a dragon mount.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echatere Mount using the Heavyweight or Dwemer spider skeletons (due to multiple legs). Not only would it be a nudge for Orsinium (Clan Shatul would be repped!) but they're common (thanks to the NPC being seen in every city). Plus it just uses existing models!

Echateres already have a model. No need to ruin it with the heavyweight or spider skeleton.
    And if you had a hairy version, you'd re-actualize Orc legends about riding "hairy centipedes" in the mountain altitudes. It'd go well with the frost-themed crown mounts covered in fur.
    These are likely the echatere. Sure they ain't centipedes but they do got more legs than a lot of other mounts do.

I so want a normal looking echatere and welwa :(
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on September 17, 2022 4:18PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather have mounts that exist in lore and even in game instead of more nonsense.

I feel the same way!

I play TES / ESO games because of lore.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing some of your suggestions here. We've passed some of them on to the dev team as player recommended mounts for the future.

players talk about New mounts = money = report to dev team
    Players HATE new templar animations = no money = no report
    Players report BUGS = no money = no report

Why only MONEY topics get allways MODS atention?
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a Bastian pulled rickshaw.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised we don't have a Draugulf mount yet, as it is a creature that is already present in the base game. Welwas and echateres, terrorbirds and fellrunners have been mentioned by others, and I support that as well. Wamasus would be great mounts too. Maybe, properly equipped, a giant crab could serve as mount as well. A shorter-legged stilt strider or hopper could be used too, even though that would be pretty similar to Nix-Oxen. And a giant scorpion (or spider?) with some kind of canopy-throne on its back could make a nice fancier mount, maybe.

I think the lore mentions hippogriffs and rhojiit, which we haven't yet seen in game. If they are added some time in the future, they'd be great mounts. The lore also mentions Maormer using giant snake as mounts, I think, so this could be an idea to toy with.

Senche-rath mounts could be made into visitors with some lines of dialogue when placed in player houses (that is, the ones who aren't described as, e.g., sworn to keep silent)

There also are some "themes" that haven't yet been exploited to create new mounts: mournful aegis, air atronach, flesh atronach, stone atronach and/or "Hollow", hive golem, kwamas, ...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    I dont know if this have been suggested before, but I think a infant dragon mount would be cool. It wont fly of course. Plenty of room to expand on skins etc for it. @ZOS_Kevin

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:There_Be_Dragons
    There is no credible story of how dragons came to be. According to dremora that the College of Whispers have "questioned," they just were, and are. Eternal, immortal, unchanging, and unyielding. They are not born or hatched. They do not mate or breed. There are no known examples of dragon eggs or dragonlings. The Iliac Bay area has stories of such things, but so far all have proven false. The eggs turned out to be eggs of other reptiles. The small dragons were merely oversized lizards and no relation to true dragons.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need mounts that are stupid looking or are simply a joke. There's plenty of other games around if you want joke mounts.

I would like mounts that did Not trigger an annoying nuclear blast every time they were summoned.

:#
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    I’m really surprised that this thread received so much attention, I think a chariot would be a very unique mount that can be a cyrodiil scrying lead. We have crafting stations that require various leads, why not a chariot.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to see continue the knightly theme. I want knight mounts without any neon lights and light bulbs, just beautiful and elegant mounts. And armor. I want to see beautiful armor without towel between legs. And weapons that look like real ones. My character is a girl, any of your sword motifs for her hands are logs weighing half a centner! Play Kingdom Сome for example, get inspired.

kartinki-ryczarej-29-650x590.jpg
    kartinki-ryczarej-2-650x487.jpg

Yes this, but with properly-sized components. The House Dufort helm is too narrow and small especially on some characters but it's the closest we have so far.

original-z9bNOKdlImW9AwfWLgGlk6gQGKkO46SK7yrtJSFM.jpg

Whoever wears that helm must have a weirdly squished head lol. It's obviously supposed to be an armet helmet but it's just off in an odd way.

Compare that to real life examples like your photos and this one:

group-th-century-knights-wearing-german-plate-armor-around-group-th-century-knights-wearing-german-plate-armor-around-118262395.jpg

Supposed to be the same basic style of helm but something about the character models maybe throws it off. I haven't seen one helm in game yet with realistic proportions.

I would SO love to see more armor sets and mounts based on real life. Not sure they will be more popular than the flashy fantasy stuff we have though so I'm not holding my breath lol.

My favorite mounts are the Alliance War Horse

qA6qxCt.jpg

and the Imperial War Horse

yOIxz8F.jpg

and it's probably obvious why lol. More mounts like these and less like the flashy otherwordly World Of Warcraft mounts please!

It would be great to see more mounts that belong in the world of Tamriel (and available in Tamriel too as others have said). The more magical mounts I like most are the Indriks. My favorite apex is the Nenelata Ayleid Horse. :blush: