The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS] What QOL updates would you like most?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
If you're not a console player or have come here to say, "I want nothing other than ZOS to fix bugs," then this poll is not for you :)

[FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS] What QOL updates would you like most? 103 votes

See results
11%
chessalavakia_ESOnpukRex-UmbraMartoArchMikemMalmerEvilAutoTechcarlos424ExoYRNGeezebugjoergino 12 votes
A mini-map (which would ultimately require dropping previous-gen consoles if I remember correctly)
12%
NettleCarriercaptainwolfosC0L0SSUSelosefastjhall03VampiricByNatureSmokyJARTHEGREYLalMirchiMeioxvoidavoidStormBlade512opalcity 13 votes
Ability to alter UI - similar to perfect pixel, bandits UI, etc addons (altering positioning of resource bars, changing look of ability bars, raid frames, etc.)
10%
CritchfestKlingenliedLikiLokiMerguezManJman100582tim77luchttCooperharleyDrMrPCazadorForumBully 11 votes
Skyshards, lorebooks & public dungeon/delve bosses on the map (after you've found them all in a zone on another character)
30%
GalenAH93JasonSilverSpringkip_silverwolfWald1naBenevolentBowdDestaiBrrrofskidisintegr8Jacen_VeronArgonianAustinYellow_MonolithKitty_QuietlySkall66El_BorrachoUnified_GamingNord_RaseriDiebesgutjtm1018smackinhippies 31 votes
Screen pop-ups warning of dungeon/trial mechanics (similar to Code's Combat Alerts & Raid Notifier addons)
13%
QuietPanda_22ChtioMRusso89RebornV3xfizl101rexagamemnonIndigogoTeruKisukeM0ntieRemathilisjowvMidniteOwl1913ChamillexOmegaFragment 14 votes
DPS meter/combat metrics
21%
xosaara137oxYoshinJaaVeiledCriticismTyharGreatGildersleevegronoxvxIngenonWildRaptorXRaammzzaaMyChaelGCrims0n_Ren3gadeIshtarknowsNyaarlaRugby_hookLucozade85AmerisesSparxlostgreenmachine86LunaticOne_Captain_Devildog 22 votes
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to alter UI - similar to perfect pixel, bandits UI, etc addons (altering positioning of resource bars, changing look of ability bars, raid frames, etc.)
    Other things I forgot to mention - auto writs after hitting level 50 in your respective skill lines would be cool or after doing 30 days of writs or something on one character & something similar to TTC.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyshards, lorebooks & public dungeon/delve bosses on the map (after you've found them all in a zone on another character)
    Would be nice to know if you are near a lorebook. As for the mechanics, no. There needs to be some reward for learning mechanics instead of hitting X when the game tells you to hit X.

You missed the biggest QOL enhancement: CHANGE THE REZ TO A BUTTON THAT DOES NOT PULL UP THE MENU. Would be nice
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to know if you are near a lorebook. As for the mechanics, no. There needs to be some reward for learning mechanics instead of hitting X when the game tells you to hit X.

You missed the biggest QOL enhancement: CHANGE THE REZ TO A BUTTON THAT DOES NOT PULL UP THE MENU. Would be nice

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve ended up browsing the crown store trying to rez one of my teammates!
  • pikHz
    pikHz
    ✭✭✭
    I would like loadouts. ZOS added additional quickwheels so it would be nice to have a quickwheel where you could load like 3 or 4 quick setups where skillbars, gear, and CP slottables could quickly be switched.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want surveys and treasure map locations added to the map once you've found them once.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree with this, but I can't think of another button you could use without having something else possibly interfering with rez like an attack, jump, map, block etc.
    Edited by Hapexamendios on September 13, 2022 12:08AM
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also in favor of a dps meter. However, I know many would like it not. But overall - the ability to alter ones own UI would be lovely. I mean it is standart in MMORPG's nowadays I think? So why is it missing in ESO?

Nevertheless. In terms of "overall importance", nice features like that are pretty far from what is important right now. I personally think ESO has had a bad year. Expansion with a Cardgame no one asked for. A patch with changes no one asked for. A community that feels left alone - or even worse things - for quiet some time. And as of now, I see nothing that gives me hope in regards of positive change for the game. Something I deem really sad.

Anyway, they should really first fix what is wrong - bugs, problems, balance issues, "accessibility" as they call it and so on.
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non game play related but my biggest gripe is with the armory system.

- Please allow us to have mounts, skins, personalities, nc pets all assigned in the armory system. It Annoys me so much changing outfits (I have a different one for each role) when I have to go back and change the above each time.

Also

1.Travel to home on a quick slot
    2. More armory slots
    3. Armory load out on a quick slot
    4. Putting mounts on a quick slot.
    5. Multi role queuing again. With armory let us do this. I play all three roles on the same character.
    6. Being able too lock any item so selling is quicker and easier.
    7. FILTER ANY COMSUMABLES FOR KNOWN VS NOT KNOWN.

Many more but I’m good with these atm.
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this, but I can't think of another button you could use without having something else possibly interfering with rez like an attack, jump, map, block etc.
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe holding the Right D-Pad button is now unassigned because of the changes to Quickslots? While accidentally cycling which quest is focused (the normal press function for Right D-Pad) could be mildly annoying in some situations, it'd be much less so than bringing up a menu when trying to rez people!

Edit: Well, darn. My idea for changing rez button isn't plausible anymore since they came up with a new function for Right D-Pad on the PTS.
    Edited by Galen on September 20, 2022 2:59AM
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021
    Xbox Series X - 2021-present
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey, I play on ps too.
    Map pins would be greatly appreciated.
  • DemonicGoat
    DemonicGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers
    Please be sure to share your experiences regarding ESO with all your friends and family during the holidays this year. Word of mouth is one of the strongest,most effective tools we have as consumers.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -toggles for All and only Unknown when searching traders for blueprints and motifs
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screen pop-ups warning of dungeon/trial mechanics (similar to Code's Combat Alerts & Raid Notifier addons)
    Mini map, combat alerts and dps (cmx) details. And proper backbar duration reminders that show the skill and duration as a number and not a minuscule bar).
    Also auto complete daily crafting writs and inventory insight (see where gear is across your account).
    I’ve played on console and PC. What I miss most in console is the mini map (also showing chests) and inventory insight.
    Console players - add ons like combat alerts do not play the game for you. These add ons genuinely make the game more accessible.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think this is included in the list above, but the one that shows where mat nodes (cloth, ore, wood, etc.) and chests are located would be more useful to me.

We already have skyshards show up now when you get close enough to them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LordRukia
    LordRukia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to find an item without TTC is literal madness, and you have no idea the price is fair. ZoS needs to implement pricing history & other useful info into the trader UI at the very least.

Treasure maps and other scavenger hunts, I will never do a single one of these on console. You can get me to do skyshards once on my main but I aint touching that other crap with a 10 foot pole. I'm tryin to play a game not google/youtube.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remapping controller buttons
    Edited by fizl101 on September 13, 2022 5:42AM
    Soupy twist
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    See results
    I’m not that familiar with all the options of today as I played on pc over 5 years ago but miss the mini map quite a bit. What I’d give for the ability to reorder guilds/set a default so you don’t have to leave and rejoin to prevent banking mishaps. Also the auto writ one looks pretty nice for the more mundane daily tasks.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mini-map (which would ultimately require dropping previous-gen consoles if I remember correctly)
    Being able to tab straight to the top/bottom of inventories.

Treasure chests and survey spots could be tagged on maps after you've found them the first time - in the same way shards are.
    Edited by opalcity on September 13, 2022 10:27AM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to vote all your suggestions lol but had to pick one and I think I would use the mini map most but I do love the skyshards, lorebooks idea and the UI adjust.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

You can do that in playstation menu (on PS4: Settings -> Accessibility -> Button Assignments -> Enable Custom Button Assignments -> Customise Button Assignments). But yes, it would be nice if it was possible ingame.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

You can do that in playstation menu (on PS4: Settings -> Accessibility -> Button Assignments -> Enable Custom Button Assignments -> Customise Button Assignments). But yes, it would be nice if it was possible ingame.

Unfortunately though that means it adjusts it for all games and interactions on the playstation which for me is a non starter. i did try it and quickly put it back because of that.
    Soupy twist
  • jbanks27
    jbanks27
    ✭✭✭
    How about ZOS developers work with Microsoft on integrating selected add-ons from the PC side into a secured Azure/Cloud storage for player selection and addition to the consoles -- sort of like an API/spec. Realizing that the filesystems of all consoles / games is a closed and highly protected space - the placement of the addons into a secured space where players could chose to bring them into their game would be a great add.

It would I think bring some parity to what is available and powerful from the PC side to the consoles... Further, I think that just some of the combat / trial add-ons alone would make things a lot better from a QOL perspective.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A skyshard map that actually shows skyshards that you're not stood right beside.

It's bizarre that we actually get this, yet you still need to be in very close proximity.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was thinking the double lower triggers. Already use L1 and R1 (on PS) for the ultimate. How about L2 and R2? Or make R3 the rez and the menu button for target lock?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for starting this up, @Jaustink. Not making any promises, but we'll give this some time to run and pass the feedback on to the dev team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

Maybe clicking the left or right stick while over the dead group member? Can't think of many dungeons/trials where crouching would interfere with a battle mechanic 🤷‍♂️
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »

Maybe clicking the left or right stick while over the dead group member? Can't think of many dungeons/trials where crouching would interfere with a battle mechanic 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I was thinking L3, if you're already stationary to rez someone, you won't be running
  • TerrinI
    TerrinI
    ✭✭
    One of the biggest console QOL that has deteriorated over the years is navigating the zone map. Originally, it was full screen and had huge levels of zoom available and this was wonderful. We dont' have the add-ons that PC has to tell me where to go when I want to go somewhere so I need to look at another screen and place my own waypoint and this enabled me to do that. The only problem with it originally (month 1 of console release), was that it was difficult to change zones because you had to zoom all of the way out. Changes were made to the map navigation features over multiple updates and after a few, this problem was solved by adding the bumper buttons to get you out of the zone, but the zoom was never restored. Over the years, it has only gotten worse. We've never gotten our zoom in back and then full screen was removed and now with all of the icons that can now display on the screen and the huge radius where it auto-moves you to those icons, it is very difficult to place a custom waypoint marker where I want.

I haven't kept a list, but here are some ideas:
    • Restore deep levels of zoom. We now have other ways to get out of the zone map.
    • I want to leave all of the icons on so I can see what I know about the area for reference, but I don't want to it to move my cursor to one unless it's a wayshrine that I'm trying to travel to (some might... this could be an optional setting). And please decrease the range that it grabs my cursor... there seems to be so much space between some icons but I can't put a marker there.
    • I don't have all of the names in the game memorized and more are continually added and I've played forever and so have them all showing on most maps. When I'm at Tamriel level view, please include the zone name somewhere on the screen in addition to the name of the icon that I'm over. There are so many icons now, I often can't find the zone name without zooming in and I don't want to have to do that and then zoom out again if it's the wrong one and lose my place.
    • Which brings me to: if I zoom in on a zone and it's the wrong one so I zoom out again, please do NOT re-center my cursor. I was probably in the right area of the world for what I was looking for and I don't want to have to start over because I zoomed in and out of a zone.
    • And does Cyrodiil still open the map at some arbitrary place? If I open a the map of Cyrodiil, please start centered on my current location. If I'm in or near combat, I might be in a hurry and want to see what is going on around me and not get killed while I move the map back to where I am.
  • TerrinI
    TerrinI
    ✭✭
    This one is touchy, I know, so I'm posting it as a separate message. Pay-to-win trials. Console has lost so many end game players in part because we don't have the tools (add-ons) that PC has. Some of them have paid to open PC accounts and some have just left (especially the ones that are tired of all of the crashes, lockups, and glitches), but it makes PC feel like a pay-to-win option over console.

And then look at the recent (a couple of patches now) nerf to the kilt. It has ZERO impact on end-game PC players that use dressing room as the run between combats without even slowing down so they never lose their kilt stacks but now on console, instead of rushing to change our gear and skills before our kilt stacks drops, they are pretty much guaranteed to go away.

And in addition to dressing room and add-ons that tell them about upcoming mechanics that otherwise have no indicator on the screen, console has to do the same content without all of those benefits in the same total run time. Even ignoring kilt stacks, every little gear and skill change we make fights us against the clock for those trifecta runs whereas PC just pushes 1 button.

I don't know how console players would feel about getting more time to complete timed runs... the more content they've already completed, the more they are likely to be against it, so I don't know the answer to that, but the kilt nerf that only impacted console end-gamers sure felt like a slap in the face to those of us that have stayed and not paid-to-win by switching to PC.

Sorry that I don't have more positive suggestions, but please keep in mind the differences between console and PC when you make changes, especially "balancing" changes that have vastly different impacts based on the platform that you play the game in.
  • LordRukia
    LordRukia
    ✭✭✭✭
    TerrinI wrote: »
    This one is touchy, I know, so I'm posting it as a separate message. Pay-to-win trials. Console has lost so many end game players in part because we don't have the tools (add-ons) that PC has. Some of them have paid to open PC accounts and some have just left (especially the ones that are tired of all of the crashes, lockups, and glitches), but it makes PC feel like a pay-to-win option over console.

And then look at the recent (a couple of patches now) nerf to the kilt. It has ZERO impact on end-game PC players that use dressing room as the run between combats without even slowing down so they never lose their kilt stacks but now on console, instead of rushing to change our gear and skills before our kilt stacks drops, they are pretty much guaranteed to go away.

And in addition to dressing room and add-ons that tell them about upcoming mechanics that otherwise have no indicator on the screen, console has to do the same content without all of those benefits in the same total run time. Even ignoring kilt stacks, every little gear and skill change we make fights us against the clock for those trifecta runs whereas PC just pushes 1 button.

I don't know how console players would feel about getting more time to complete timed runs... the more content they've already completed, the more they are likely to be against it, so I don't know the answer to that, but the kilt nerf that only impacted console end-gamers sure felt like a slap in the face to those of us that have stayed and not paid-to-win by switching to PC.

Sorry that I don't have more positive suggestions, but please keep in mind the differences between console and PC when you make changes, especially "balancing" changes that have vastly different impacts based on the platform that you play the game in.

The content is not built around addons, it is just as possible to beat on console as PC. Sounds like sorry excuses to me. Dressing room is such a niche use for trials/dungeons probably less than 1% even bother with that crap so don't worry about it. Trust me if you can't beat content on console, you aren't gonna beat it on PC and become this amazing player.