Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You need to change how armor is affected before it's too late.

t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
Just make it simple, make it so you lose no dura unless you die, and also not lower our armor from dura decay, this effects tanks, I don't see dps losing damage or crit with they have armor dura decay, a tanks armor is there form of dps if you know what I mean.

I don't even want to tank dungs anymore because I am scared of going broke (gold wise), as a tank my gear and pockets are broke due to the massive amounts of damage I take tanking ontop of dying, the last few times I joined a dung I went dps and we all gave the tank some gold to help because we knew how bad it is to tank vs dps in terms of repair bills.

So in sort:
1. Remove the dura decay from taking damage, or you will have no tanks in the future.
2. Remove the loss of armor upon dying, armor is to tanks as damage is to DPS.
Edited by t.claudio.usnub18_ESO on April 30, 2014 5:51PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor above 0 durability should give its full armor value, like every other MMO.
  • thesmulf
    thesmulf
    You really do things one sided..
    1. I can remember 5 bosses that in one or another way disabled, portal, chain and so on Tank, Therefore a DPS or Healer will get aggro, They already have minor Armor, How do you think this impact on them?
    2. Remember those big thrash pulls with Aoe?, try let one lose on a DPS without armor. He goes poof.
    3. 1 Epic from VR dung sells for 1.5-2k, Soul gems atleast 150g each filled. add the white and exlier , and you must be really bad to get broke.. my normal repair cost as tank is 200-1k gold.
    4. I do only play tank, and know if you full Heavy armor, Shield, you should be above Soft cap, add 500+ armor boost on One-shield skill(your taunt), and Circle of Proction (which is godsend) another 500 or 1000 if dadric. And then tell me you need those 20-50 armor you lost from your gear...
    5. Now that is settled and you proven your self stupid, look up what they plan to do, LOWER decay in GROUP CONTENT.

have a good day.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you need to take hits to get armor decay, though I could be wrong.

Everything in game that I can remember seeing talks about decay on death (the 'sturdy' trait, the message that pops up to alert you of decay on death), and when you compare that with the cost I think it's probably a bug and meant to be a death penalty.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's working as intended. (Edit: with some exceptions they found).

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/85620/rapid-gear-decay/p14

Apparently from people testing, you take decay specifically when a mob is defeated and grants you xp (for those who wondered).

Edit: here is the quote from that page:
    After thoroughly testing the armor decay system, we found that everything is working as it was designed. However, we did find that there were a small number of cases that may be generating more decay than was originally intended, and we will continue to investigate those situations. We’ve also seen your feedback and do agree with you that the durability was too severe under some conditions, such as while you’re playing in a group, and are testing these changes on the PTS now.
    Edited by Tetujin on May 1, 2014 5:43AM
  • Nina
    Nina
    I've been standing crafting and gotten the decay message so I thought it was decay over time.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I think that is just a periodic warning that something is broken.
  • metaliquidorwb17_ESO
    metaliquidorwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well i thought durability was limited to loss by dead, idk where they just decided to ***-ed it up more than it was, i'm going to think is just a damn bug because if not it is for sure a bug into developers head eating up the remaining brains.
    Edited by metaliquidorwb17_ESO on May 2, 2014 10:36PM