The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Need more natural light inside the house

princesspurpleblob
princesspurpleblob
✭✭✭
I'm starting to get annoyed with the fact that there are no windows at all in downstairs of Alinor Crest Townhouse and even upstairs where there are windows, its just not bright enough.

I added a lot of light to compensate for that but now the whole house look too yellow.

REALLY NEED MORE NATURAL LIGHT STREAMING THROUGH INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Anyone else feel the same way?
Edited by princesspurpleblob on September 1, 2022 10:42PM
Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The houses in the base game zones are even worse. It is so dark in some of these that we need multiple light sources in every room just to see what's in there.
    PCNA
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, some of the newer houses are brighter but the base game ones need boatloads of light to decorate them properly.

I’m not going to spend all that time crafting furnishings and then put them in a dark house where I can’t see them.

Strangely enough, I feel like the lighting sources used in game areas are much brighter than the very same ones I use in my houses.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to use https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clockwork-illuminator-solitary-capsule/ to help lighting in dark areas, I tend to embed them into a wall/floor/ceiling to just increase the base light.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combining blue and yellow lights can give a bright daylight white. I've used Culanda Stones + Varla stones to good effect.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can use both of the above suggestions as a workaround, but you shouldn’t have to.

It would be nice if they could add an ambient light slider somewhere in the housing editor so we could turn it up or down.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm after the opposite, is there anything which darkens a room?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will try combining Culanda & Varla stones and see it works well.
    I'm after the opposite, is there anything which darkens a room?

I also have this issue - I basically find it hard to get the lighting right, its usually too dark or too bright or too yellow/blue etc. Really wish we get a slider to adjust the brightness of lighting!
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should definitely be optional then. You might want more light but others don't. I sometimes want interiors darker or am fine with how they are.

Also wish there was more medium range lights. Their light radius are either small, or they are one of the "popular" light sources, which I think are too bright and have too large light radius.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some of the newer houses are brighter but the base game ones need boatloads of light to decorate them properly.

I’m not going to spend all that time crafting furnishings and then put them in a dark house where I can’t see them.

Strangely enough, I feel like the lighting sources used in game areas are much brighter than the very same ones I use in my houses.

YAS!! And, to add to this, why don't we get the cool shadows throw off by fireplaces in our homes like you do in non player homes/taverns, etc?
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, (sorry for the double post, couldn't see how to edit my original one) If you put in stained glass windows, it will add more light, based on the color of the 'glass'. Such as the vampiric stained glass windows, or the dark brotherhood one etc.

Not exactly what you wanted, but, i find it helps.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
    Options
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Combining Culanda & Varla stones didn't work out - its way too bright this time :'(

Just can't get the lighting right!!!
    Options
  • Vaalquar
    Vaalquar
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, Alinor house, where u can see windows at the entrance but once u get inside they disappear. Like in every other eso house xd
    Give me some Skoomashrooms
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YAS!! And, to add to this, why don't we get the cool shadows throw off by fireplaces in our homes like you do in non player homes/taverns, etc?

Because lightning we place in houses doesn't have collision for light nor shadows. It's why we can place lights inside walls and they shine through. And if you place a light inside a fireplace you can see it shine on the backside too.

Only default light from a house, such as that from the sun or sunlight from windows create shadows.

It has both pros and cons. I was very disappointed when I discovered I couldn't do effects with shadows.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to have 2-3 light intensity settings for most light sources!

Another thing that bothers me is how light gets through floors, so if I have a bright lightsource at the main floor, the second floor will have all sorts of light artefacts, like the floor it's glowing. I wish the devs will add more window designs, revisiting older styles, such as Alinor, Breton/Imperial, etc.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "REALLY NEED MORE NATURAL LIGHT STREAMING THROUGH INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

Well...I think that we can't get it forever in ESO engine.
    Unreal Engine5 have advanced global illumination lighting technique,
    but It doesn't fit for MMO gaming style.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of blogs about 'how to light a house better' that often fail to cover the 'hide them so it doesn't look like you just got a bunch of tower zeros' part tells me you are correct.
    Options
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a 'daylight' and 'in house lighting' brightness/time of day control ZOS?
    Options