The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

U35 PS NA character completely bugged now

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Left High Isle to return to Riften and log out, and character can only move - cannot interact with anything, cannot jump, cannot bar swap, cannot light attack, cannot mount. Only thing I can do is take a screen snapshot. Will have to wait and get timed out in order to log off. Great.

Cannot submit in game bug report because I cannot bring up text chat window or use Options button at all. Completely dead on the water.

Also cannot /reloadui.

Really enjoying the new update...

EDIT: want to add it’s not my internet, hubby is playing on another PS5 in the other room right now with no issues so far.
Edited by katanagirl1 on September 6, 2022 5:45PM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue on XBox. Happened after using a wayshrine.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hello! Thank you @katanagirl1 and @ElementalDud for reporting this. We're looking into it and the detail that it happened after using a Wayshrine does help. If anyone has additional details, please drop them in this thread.

Thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    As a follow-up, @katanagirl1 and @ElementalDud would you two please put in a Support ticket via our Support Portal so we can gather a bit more info from you? Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    Got hit with this immediately on my PS5 after logging in and using a wayshrine.

Edit: Submitted a support ticket.
    Edited by Olav_the_Stout on September 6, 2022 7:35PM
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @ElementalDud and @Olav_the_Stout, which Wayshrine did you use and where were you traveling to and from?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ElementalDud and @Olav_the_Stout, which Wayshrine did you use and where were you traveling to and from?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I was in Summerset and used the Shimmerene wayshrine traveling to Mournhold in Deshaan.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615783/gamepad-and-keyboard-controls-dont-work-after-zoning

The same thing has been happening on PC since U35

I have no idea what causes it, but I do know that it is NOT caused by a specific zone or wayshrine. Had it happen after leaving a dungeon and returning to Deshaan, it also happened while inside a dungeon...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 6, 2022 8:06PM
  • ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    I don't know how to tag people on forums like above, but I believe I was traveling from Wayrest to Rawlkha.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks, everyone!

For those reporting this issue, were you queued up for something in the Activity Finder when this happened? If so, what queue were you in?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone!

For those reporting this issue, were you queued up for something in the Activity Finder when this happened? If so, what queue were you in?

I had literally just logged in to the game and used the wayshrine to grab pledges, wasn’t queued or doing anything else.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone!

Both times it happened to me I was using the activity finder for group dungeons. One of the times it happened I was leaving a dungeon, the other time I was just entering a dungeon. Seems to possibly be something related to zoning. I wouldn't say it's the activity finder's fault because others have experienced it elsewhere upon zoning.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 6, 2022 8:46PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone. We are tracking a separate UI error that seems directly related to the Activity Finder. It sounds like this is something different.

For those who encounter this issue, could you please try manually closing the game, and let us know here if that does not work?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. We are tracking a separate UI error that seems directly related to the Activity Finder. It sounds like this is something different.

For those who encounter this issue, could you please try manually closing the game, and let us know here if that does not work?

That's how I had to close the game, since none of the in-game controls worked. I used the PS button on the controller and force quit ESO from the PS5 app switcher.
  • Chrisbar
    Chrisbar
    ✭✭

Had the same problem just happen. PSNA, used the Wayshrine in Daggerfall to Shornhelm and was immediately unable to do anything but run. Force closed the game using the PS UI and retried. Seems to be working now.

Was not queued for anything but had just completed a Tribute NPC match in Glenumbra beforehand.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a follow-up, @katanagirl1 and @ElementalDud would you two please put in a Support ticket via our Support Portal so we can gather a bit more info from you? Thank you!

Sorry didn’t see this until now, might not get that done until late tomorrow.

I can tell you that it did occur right after using the wayshrine from Gondalon Bay to Riften.

It was also the second toon I used to travel there and back.

Logging out and back in later fixed it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a console bug only. I have the same issues on pc. It happens sometimes after I get portet back from a dungeon.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, everyone!

I was not using the group finder when this occurred.

I submitted a feedback/bug report on the webpage just now as requested. I forgot that you don’t get a response with that type of ticket but please let me know if you need any other information.

I used the same two characters to travel to those wayshrines again today but everything worked fine. Yesterday I did daily crafting toons on 5 characters right before the bug happened, don’t know if that might be relevant. I didn’t think about that until after I made the support ticket.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost constant now . It gets worse every day. First it was standard when you got in to 1 of the new dungeons. Now its wayshrine travel. Traval to someones house. So basically whenever I travel there is a high chance to get the ui error. Also lately it takes really long to even connect when I start the the game. Even on ps5 it takes lake a minute to connect.
  • schindler
    schindler
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. /reloadui via attached keyboard fixes it on console, until it happens again.
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost constant now . It gets worse every day. First it was standard when you got in to 1 of the new dungeons. Now its wayshrine travel. Traval to someones house. So basically whenever I travel there is a high chance to get the ui error. Also lately it takes really long to even connect when I start the the game. Even on ps5 it takes lake a minute to connect.

Have found that a hard reboot will make it stop for a bit, it must be related to cache when it persistently pops up.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this happen again now when traveling from Wayrest to Mournhold, just visiting guild traders. Again, all I could do was push the PS button and close app and relog.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    I just had this happen again this morning, but was not using a wayshrine this time.

I did the daily normal, got Elden Root Enclave, finished dungeon and left group/instance and when ported back out to Deshaan I couldn't use any of the buttons on my controller again.

This time however I was able to use a USB keyboard to type /reloadui <enter> and when the UI came back I was able to use the buttons on the PS5 controller again.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to update the thread that this bug is still occurring after the last patch.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA