Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do players wear two-piece monster sets anymore?

• TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In trials where you can't keep good uptime on kilt a monster set like stormfirst would be an alternative to coil or mora's whispers.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I use Selene only because I like the green bear attacks 😂 it is only on my DK. The other character builds usually have some sort of mythic
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me sweet spot is monster set AND mythic. In past I used arena weapons in most characters, but most options there are really boring. I like more complex and flexible builds, so I choose two 1-bar sets, 1 training pc, mythic ring and monster set. I love flexibility of this, because I can easily swap mythics (Death Dealer for group content, Pale Order for solo, sometimes Wild Hunt for speed) and change monster sets for different flavour or when I just bored with specific one.

ZOS made good job with mythics, because there are so much more complexity now with making builds.

PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maw of the infernal on my "5 pet" sorcerer (Maw, Defiler, Mad Tinkerer)

Yay! My Main build - 6 pets with the Storm Atro - love it.

Luckily the Tanks in our guild are fine with it :smiley: ( I always ask btw)
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. On every toon I have.
    Heavy is the crown.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do. I only just started using a mythic but I hate that it breaks up my armor set. I think they were a really bad idea.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the content. I don't have many mythics unlocked, so in PvE I still run a monster set for more oomph, and in PvP I wear crafted shoulders instead and put on Wild Hunt to get extra mobility in sieges.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Burning Spellweave front bar, Clever Alchemist back bar, 1 piece of the trainee set, Ring of the Pale Order, and then the Balorgh monster set.

How I get 2 five piece set bonuses, a monster set, and a mythic all at once.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People will start using them again this update since arena weapons got nerfed.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use any mythics, all I use are monster sets.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I both run Seletrix and it works great. Oddly, at least in PVE, there does not appear to be any immunity to multiple people running that set...it's hilarious to see an ncp fall down due to my hit, get up, and then again with my wife's arrow shot. I'd love to see an entire 12 person group all running Seletrix...that would be something to see :)
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly in PvP because Balorgh is the only decent one there, but for PvE it is mostly 1-piece monster sets like Slimecraw. Monster sets might start coming back in PvE seeing as how most normal DoTs are utterly pointless to use now.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on build, yes. Most of them are trash now, but still there are some nice ones who stand out and are worth of slotting.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have an off-meta build that uses Nerien'eth. It does pretty good dps, 42k on the 3m dummy using an argonian not a meta race this patch. Not as good as my main that uses Sea Serpent's Coil and does just over 50k dps on the 3m dummy. But I do use monster helms. It depends on the build.
    Edited by merpins on September 5, 2022 6:26PM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Nerien'eth or Stormfist. And a mythic.

Body is 3x Relequen body, 1x Pillar of Nirn, Kilt
    Jewelry is 3x Pillar of Nirn
    Relequen dual daggers front bar, Pillar of Nirn 2h sword back bar. Don´t linger on the back bar.
    Yes, the back bar ends up with 6x Pillar of Nirn. This means that the front bar gets the spell/wpn damage from the 4th piece as well, which, for damage dealing purposes, is better than using 1x trainee.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

Maw of the infernal on my "5 pet" sorcerer (Maw, Defiler, Mad Tinkerer)

Yay! My Main build - 6 pets with the Storm Atro - love it.

Luckily the Tanks in our guild are fine with it :smiley: ( I always ask btw)

haha, yes poor tanks. I rarely run dungeons, but in that case at least replace maw with sellistrix.
    The fabricant (Mad Tinkerer) and the Hunger (Defiler) spawn very short, so it is ok, but the daedroth of other DDs even annoys myself when I play my tank, so I don't use it in pugs.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 5, 2022 10:30PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love to run selestrix when I’m wolfballing through PVE zones. Pub dungeons, spell scar, you name it, I’ve probably wolf balled it (except DLC WBs….. those I cannot yet wolfball).
    Typically I’m running Hexos Ward, Vicious serpent and Selestrix when doing that. Leap in for gap closer, claws of life, watch selestrix knock ‘em down, chuckle, proceed to nomming, move on.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies - some good insights!