Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do players wear two-piece monster sets anymore?

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
As a solo player, I always default to one piece and Ring of the Pale Order. Others?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 6, 2022 1:43AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was wondering this last night too when I was at the golden looking at two sets that used to be very popular.

For me the answer is no, I use a variety of mythics instead.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on a HA attack Warden which is my go to lazy character. Noble 5x Perfected MA lightning staff. 2x Willpower 2xstormfist/zaan (depending on content) 1x oakensoul.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually run 1 5 pc, 1 mythic, 1 monster set, 1 arena set, and 2 pc Trainee.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually run a mythic Instead
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Was wondering this last night too when I was at the golden looking at two sets that used to be very popular..

That's what got me wondering too :)
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monster sets are still popular for players who have one set active on the front bar and another active on the back bar. Then you can also use a 1p Trainee 1p mythic and a monster.

One such setup - stamplar for example - might be Rallying cry back bar, Deadly front bar, 1p heavy Trainee chest, 1p Markyn, then 2p Magma monster or 2p Bal monster. Powerful assault is another popular back bar set. And of course sets can vary among players depending.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do on some characters. Still, I would like more 3 pieces sets and maybe 4 pieces sets to make mixing up monster sets, weapon sets and mythics more interesting. More alternatives to the trainee set to fill up equipment would also be good imo.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do on tanks and healers. Not so much on DPS.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP where burst is what works I believe Balorgh's is worn quite a bit still. A full ulti bar giving 500 WD/SD and 11,500 penetration stacked on top of 675 WD/SD from Clever Alchemist transforms a tank into a bursty killer for 10 seconds.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes do on dps (1 out of my 3), always on healer, and never on tank (for now).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Monster sets are still popular for players who have one set active on the front bar and another active on the back bar. Then you can also use a 1p Trainee 1p mythic and a monster.

One such setup - stamplar for example - might be Rallying cry back bar, Deadly front bar, 1p heavy Trainee chest, 1p Markyn, then 2p Magma monster or 2p Bal monster. Powerful assault is another popular back bar set. And of course sets can vary among players depending.

And now Druid's Braid is an alternative to Trainee. My effort sticker-booking Trainee all the way down to 25 crystals was basically wasted. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 5, 2022 4:24AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group content is about the only time I use a full monster set these days. Sometimes I will use them just to screw around in overland but that is about it.

I usually default to using one shoulder piece for stat boosts usually Ice heart for the extra crit chance, and a helmet to make up the 2nd 5th piece bonus of the set I am replacing a ring with the pale order for.

In my opinion they really screwed a lot of the damage ones with the scaling just to get to the same level of damage we had before, heck I thought a lot of them had too low damage to begin with even before the change, now for me at least a lot of the damage ones have just been reduced to a pretty effect when screwing around with them in overland.

• MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course people still use 2 piece monster sets. I do.

Not everyone has access to all of the content required for completing mythic gear. I don't.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Of course people still use 2 piece monster sets. I do.

Not everyone has access to all of the content required for completing mythic gear. I don't.

Yes, I imagine it’s like the players still using Willpower or Agility sets because they didn’t have access to Summerset and jewelry crafting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a strange question to ask right as monster sets are coming back into trial builds.
    With U35 everyone is doing Rele front and Nirn back - meaning you get the kilt AND a monster set.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The strongest meta atm as far as i'm aware for dps is front bar depths, backbar nirn with a mythic and a monster set

some variation of this:

vuamvxbk0eqj.png
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now Druid's Braid is an alternative to Trainee. My effort sticker-booking Trainee all the way down to 25 crystals was basically wasted. :)
    I'm pleased to say - and you will be too - that you are wrong, oh sooo wrong :)

You can recover the exact same amount of the crystals, but you cannot recover the same amount of mats, especially when they were for jewelry .

Deconstructing does not yield as much as refining mats, and you need to devote some time to gather respective mats.

8 random dungeons - which can be done in a day - equals 80 transmutes and there you go :) All perfectly salvageable

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Druid’s Braid is a poor alternative to Trainee.

Trainee gives 1454 of each stat, one per each of its three pieces. Druid’s first four bonuses give the typical one-line set values: 1206 health or 1096 stam or mag. Druid’s only gives higher values starting with the fifth piece bonus, at which point it is not being used as an alternative to Trainee but to a full five-piece set.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 5, 2022 6:38AM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use monster sets in under 50 pvp...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

giphy.gif
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Lumsdenml
      Lumsdenml
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

That gif is amazing and I can't stop watching it.
      In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
      Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
      PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
      Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
      Obituary:
      RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
      RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
      RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
      RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
      RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
      RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
      RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
      RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
      RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
      RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    • Hämähäkki
      Hämähäkki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

That gif is amazing and I can't stop watching it.

I know right? I love it too, one of my all time favourites :)
      TherealHämähäkki
    • markulrich1966
      markulrich1966
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sellistrix to speed up daily delves on mag setups (stuns mobs/adds explosion)

Selene spawning a bear on my stam setups (melee) or slimecraw (bow)

Slimecraw (5% damage increase) for worldbosses on mag (they are immune to sellistrix)

Maw of the infernal on my "5 pet" sorcerer (Maw, Defiler, Mad Tinkerer)

Mighty Chudan on my tank

Troll King (adds 8xx health recovery on targets <50% health) on my healer

Sometimes chokethorn for worldbosses when I'm too squishy (heals), or mighty chudan (armor)

Now and then I test others from my storage, like the valkyn skoria (meteor, but just 8% chance) that was at the golden this weekend, but they give less advantage for me currently. Still keeping them as things often change.
      Edited by markulrich1966 on September 5, 2022 7:37AM
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Baron Thirsk is great for PvP. Minor Timidity is nice when they go to ulti dump you and find out it's not ready after all. Gotten many KBs from the scamps, too.
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • Jamie_Aubrey
      Jamie_Aubrey
      ✭✭✭✭
      I can't in NO CP
      RETIRED FROM ESO
      PC/EU
      Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes.
      And I've stopped caring about META long ago.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • BlueRaven
      BlueRaven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Depends….

Class and build are determining factors.
    • HertoginJanneke
      HertoginJanneke
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes. By the time I got all the leads the items it is nerfed so hard. And I don't like most of the mythics anyway. So most of my characters use full monster set.
      Edited by HertoginJanneke on September 5, 2022 11:40AM
    • sPark101
      sPark101
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes. I use Chokethorn, Maw of the Infernal, Selene and especially Infernal Guardian because it's fun.