The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can’t access character in Reapers March

weights44
weights44
✭✭✭
For the past several hours every time I try to log onto ESO and grab a specific character that’s located in reapers March it’s instantly causing a grey screen. All my trial gear and gold are on this toon and I’m stuck unable to do anything pve until I can access this character. Any help?!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 1, 2022 2:18PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd probably do best to open a ticket on the website: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • weights44
    weights44
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve sent in a few already without a response.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a bug on PS5. If you're anywhere near the northern/northwest part of the map, you're probably going to get locked out of that character for a while. I had to file a ticket to have them move my character. There's never been an acknowledgement as far as I know, even though it's been around like 6 months. It's literally game breaking.

Edit: past bug reports concerning it:
    vrmm5ji5kard.png
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on August 15, 2022 9:16PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't even receive a ticket number?

@ZOS_Kevin - could you help this person out?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if people getting stuck has their companions out? I have gotten stuck not be able to access a quest, once I closed my companion problems are solved.

I will head on over to Reaper's March and see if happens to me.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were you near Arenthia, west across the river and by the POI? It's a known issue that's persisted for quite some time. Hopefully support can help.
  • weights44
    weights44
    ✭✭✭
    Both of my characters in Reapers March are in different locations on the map. I never knew it’s been an issue. I’ve literally barely spent time there unless it was to use the vamp shrine and then I left. I was farming gear for a nb build and it just grey screened and now the characters can’t be accessed. I got a ticket from reporting it online from the website but still don’t have a ticket from the reports I’ve sent in from the game on other toons.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @weights44, please send the ticket numbers and we'll pass them on to the customer service team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • weights44
    weights44
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin thank you for your reply. I attached a screen shot of the ticket I submitted online because I haven’t received the ones from in game yet.

Ticket number: 220815-003302
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a bug on PS5. If you're anywhere near the northern/northwest part of the map, you're probably going to get locked out of that character for a while. I had to file a ticket to have them move my character. There's never been an acknowledgement as far as I know, even though it's been around like 6 months. It's literally game breaking.

Edit: past bug reports concerning it:
    vrmm5ji5kard.png

It's an All Platforms thing, it's nothing to do with PS5, and it's been going on since launch, not just 6 months.

There's an area between the Fishing Dock and Arenthia that's really good for eating your characters.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already another discussion open for this issue, we will be closing this thread. You can continue to get help or post further in the thread below.

Permanent character crashing in Reapers March…multiple toons now crash and won’t load
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.