The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rate the veteran Trials (none HM) in terms of difficulty

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Overall difficulty (add pulls, mechanics, portal teams, dmg in trial etc).

Please rate from hardest to easiest these trials:

vAA
vHRC
vSO
vAS
vHOF
vCR
vKA
vMOL
vDSR
vSS
vRG
Edited by Psiion on July 10, 2022 9:08PM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Seeing as this thread is in regards to Trials, we have moved it to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section of the forums as it is better fit there.
    Staff Post
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will not add my own ranking, because I am not able distinguish influence of my knowledge and skills from influence of trial mechanics and power.

However, I would like to point out, that vAA has DPS lock (no matter how low) and it made it more difficult then vHRA in my eyes.
  • Plectro
    Plectro
    ✭✭
    I would say difficulty will fluctuate a bit depending on the role you're playing as well as specific bosses may be easier. Also some trials may be harder to pug, despite being easier for coordinated groups / guild runs. Prime examples are vSO and vMoL, which don't really have high DPS checks but require some form of communication. Overall, here is my (subjective and biased) list from a DD/Tank and guild-run-focused point of view though:

Hardest to easiest:
    vRG
    vSS
    vKA
    vHoF
    vMoL
    vCR
    vAS
    vSO
    vHRC
    vAA

I haven't played vDSR so I didn't put it anywhere.

Lots of these choices were quite difficult as I could easily swap one or two of these trials. Maybe a categorization would be better, where you put all Hard / Medium / Easy trials in the same group. It would probably look like something like this:

Hard:
    vRG
    vSS
    vKA

Medium:
    vHoF
    vMoL
    vCR
    vAS

Easy:
    vSO
    vHRC
    vAA

This would be very different if we're also including +1/+2 and hardmodes
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty accurate ⬆️ for anyone still curious I have clears on all and VDSR tops my list. Very mech heavy, first boss and final boss bubbles are group killers.