Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate the dps requirements.

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Trials like vmol were made in a time were 35-45k dps was the best most players did. And thats one of the hardest trials.

Now a days people kick you from guilds, trials, insult you.
If you do less than 100k

Like what the hell. The more i try to get in to trials the more i dislike the game mode
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are guilds that run trials for all levels of players' ability. The top raid groups and guilds will have DPS requirements to ensure the guild and raid groups meet their goals. That is a small percentage of the game.

In that, guilds that do raiding should have requirements for the goals they have. That is good leadership, but again, there are guilds for all different levels and players just need to find a group or guild that is in line with their capabilities.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35-45k dps might have been king back then but that was on an unbuffed dummy. DPS might have been somewhere closer to 60k in a optimal trial setting.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things.
    First of all, and I hate to sound like that guy, but if you think that MoL is one of the harder trials, especially when it comes to dps requirements, you're in for a rough ride. More recent trials, when it comes to HM especially, have way stricter dps requirements.
    Aside from that, though, if you can't find a guild or group that doesn't kick you, either you're looking at the wrong guilds/parties, or it has nothing to do with dps.
    I don't personally know you, but I have genuinely never seen anybody getting kicked from pug trials because of their dps, unless they are doing negative damage, but definitely not because they have "less than 100k dps". The most important factor, even in pugs, is knowledge of mechanics and attitude, if either of those are bad, especially the latter, you're bound to get kicked.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dps measurements have changed, the tool was very different starting from bloodspawn, to skelly's and now iron atro it's all very different. Yeah there was a powercreep since than but not as severe as some people make it sound from 35 to 100+. Both number were just absolute caps for the time, it's not some static thing where having 35-45k is the same now and 5 years back.

Surely a lot of groups have grown to the level when they're at the higher spectrum and surely want to play with ones who's on a same page with them mostly. But it shouldn't matter for you really seeking a prog or a lower requirement group, just don't blame people on the top for pushing their abilities still.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dps has only gone up on paper. In reality, maybe 20% at most. OP you're comparing apples and oranges. Back then we only had 3 and 6 mil dummy with no buffs. Also the sets were not as good as we have today. No Rele, bahsei, kinras, kilt etc. There also was no jewelery crafting, that means no bloodthirsty. People were parsing with Julianos, hundigs, and frickin VO. Couldn't even use AY due to no way to transmute jewelery. People today, who hit 35-45k on non trial dummy, hit around 70-80k. And that's with everything available today. Back then, the ones hitting 40k with crappy sets, would hit 100k with current meta on 21mil. And that's what people are doing. So no, dps hasn't changed really, just the measuring methods.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    35-45k dps might have been king back then but that was on an unbuffed dummy. DPS might have been somewhere closer to 60k in a optimal trial setting.

This ^ The dps back then was not calculated in the iron atro dummy. As for getting into trials, OP, start with training guilds or with mid-game guilds, these usually don't have dps/cp requirements, besides cp160. If you learn mechanics while you work on your rotation, your dps in fights will improve, and you will have logs/parses you can share to get into more trials, and so on.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

This ^ The dps back then was not calculated in the iron atro dummy. As for getting into trials, OP, start with training guilds or with mid-game guilds, these usually don't have dps/cp requirements, besides cp160. If you learn mechanics while you work on your rotation, your dps in fights will improve, and you will have logs/parses you can share to get into more trials, and so on.

I have joined a insane amount of guilds and non do trial runs.
    Join discord they say. I get there last trial :3 months ago.
    I now join guilds with cp requirements...and same issue
    Must be a eu thing. But i cant find guilds that do trials regularly.

Some others do 1 trial a week.

The few guilds i joined that did do vcr the trial i most wanted kicked me because my dps is 86k or because i play stam and not mag.

Its like i said im getting frustrated and losing the hype for the game.

I used to play for hours now i open the game try to find guilds, get anxiety and close it.

I really hate perfected gear and skins too.
    Some people just will never get it. And it ruins certain aspects of the game for them.
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 11, 2022 2:13PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

I have joined a insane amount of guilds and non do trial runs.
    Join discord they say. I get there last trial :3 months ago.
    I now join guilds with cp requirements...and same issue
    Must be a eu thing. But i cant find guilds that do trials regularly.

Some others do 1 trial a week.

The few guilds i joined that did do vcr the trial i most wanted kicked me because my dps is 86k or because i play stam and not mag.

Its like i said im getting frustrated and losing the hype for the game.

I used to play for hours now i open the game try to find guilds, get anxiety and close it.

I really hate perfected gear and skins too.
    Some people just will never get it. And it ruins certain aspects of the game for them.

Tbf, it might also be an issue with end-game in general, it has been diminishing over the last couple of years--I've had groups taking hiatuses that ended up becoming permanent, and a lot of guildmates/friends have said the same about some of their groups. But there's definitely still groups out there, so you just have to keep asking people, or checking the guild finder. Make sure to look for training guilds, without dps requirements for their runs. These will not kick you on grounds of a dps parse or because playing stam. About perfected gear ruining aspects of the the game, that's not true; the extra stat line won't make or break a build, and people who know the game won't turn someone away because they don't have a perfected version of a set. For eg., I have a guildmate, who's an experienced player that decided to start a second account: on that new account they didn't have BIS gear or a lot of CP, but they still had experience and knowledge of the game, so they still performed well at trials, without having the meta sets.
    Edited by Jaimeh on January 11, 2022 6:51PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah this is exaggeration lol. What guild is kicking for having “only” 100k dps? It’s usually failing repeatedly at simple mechanics and/or having a terrible attitude that gets people kicked.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    There was a time many years ago when content would get nerfed, the endgame community didn't like that, they still don't like that. So content like veteran Maw of Lorkaj is still nearly impossible for most craglorn randoms. Endgame will continue to die off because its just too difficult for most players. It would be nice to hop on a non craglorn veteran trial with randoms and have it take 30 minutes to an hour, not 1-4 hours.

The players who live on the game and run hard modes can keep the hard mode difficulty as it is. Let them play the scoreboard "I'm better than you" competitive egotistical mind set in PvE for some reason. Rich Lambert (Creative Director) even stated the reason that we can't use armory companion in veteran trials is because of scoreboards so yes, the endgame community HM players are mostly to blame for our state of the game.

Some people just want to get their collection items, just like some people just want trifecta then they forget about the content. PC EU also by the way, where we also have to deal with language barrier issues.

It was once said you can't raise the floor without raising the ceiling. My proposition is lower the height requirement, but some people just like looking down on others.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time many years ago when content would get nerfed, the endgame community didn't like that, they still don't like that. So content like veteran Maw of Lorkaj is still nearly impossible for most craglorn randoms. Endgame will continue to die off because its just too difficult for most players. It would be nice to hop on a non craglorn veteran trial with randoms and have it take 30 minutes to an hour, not 1-4 hours.

The players who live on the game and run hard modes can keep the hard mode difficulty as it is. Let them play the scoreboard "I'm better than you" competitive egotistical mind set in PvE for some reason. Rich Lambert (Creative Director) even stated the reason that we can't use armory companion in veteran trials is because of scoreboards so yes, the endgame community HM players are mostly to blame for our state of the game.

Some people just want to get their collection items, just like some people just want trifecta then they forget about the content. PC EU also by the way, where we also have to deal with language barrier issues.

It was once said you can't raise the floor without raising the ceiling. My proposition is lower the height requirement, but some people just like looking down on others.

Latest trial, Rockgrove is doable with Craglorn pugs. Its easier than vSS or vCR. Cant make them too easy. They're supposed to be the endgame afterall.
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

Latest trial, Rockgrove is doable with Craglorn pugs. Its easier than vSS or vCR. Cant make them too easy. They're supposed to be the endgame afterall.

I really hope you're being sarcastic in this post. vCR and vSS dont even compare to vRG. vRG has the biggest dps check out of any trial in the game thus far.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Hailan wrote: »

I really hope you're being sarcastic in this post. vCR and vSS dont even compare to vRG. vRG has the biggest dps check out of any trial in the game thus far.

He is actually right, i have pugged vRG many times, usually one out of every 10 groups you actually finish it, but that's a better rate than vSS, vMoL and vCR with pugs. I used to craglorn pug regularly playing any and every role.

But I still think the content is over tuned, its not like the jump from a normal DLC to a veteran DLC dungeon, the trials will not get nerfed much because of scoreboards.

If you ask me they should just buff up the weekly trials for the communities who raid all the time. But I do understand the sentiment, endgame content is made exclusively to satisfy a very specific community.

These days me and my wife just stick to more casual content, we play the game and actually make friends not for the damage numbers but for friendship and interaction. We prefer inclusive content, so even though I am a pretty good tank and she is a way better DPS then me, we don't really feel much of anything for completing vTrials anymore.

It could be after 7 years the game is just too boring to want to preform at such a high level. But I'm happy where I'm at now. Long live the housing and social communities.

It took a long time to realize it, but the real people who keep the game alive is not the endgame community, it's the social one.
    Edited by BronzeCaiman on January 17, 2022 11:15PM
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's the dps check? I've pugged it like theres no tomorrow and I haven't seen any.
    For sure add pulls are messy if dps is low but with pugs they sometimes kill 1 big add at the time and wipe. Its slow but its doable. Boss fights: Snake boss, just parse, no mechs, no engage, no dps check. Tanks just need to interrupt and even 10k dps can kill it eventually.

1st real boss (Oax) As long as you dps the adds when they spawn, you only get 1 at the time. No dps race. Yes, frogs can become a problem if dps is too low but then stop dps on boss and kill frogs. Ideally tanks chain them to boss so they get cleaved. Its the same mechanics throughout the fight. No dps check just gotta prioritize targets. I've done it with group dmg as low as 100k.

2nd boss, Bahsei. Same thing, kill adds as they spawn. Its also % based like the 1st boss. Theres no dps check, you can take all the time you need. Yes there are the meteors after 30%, but you can hardly call them a dps check. It only has like 3-400k hp and it only takes 2-3 ppl to kill it.

Last boss is just parse dummy basically. The only thing that low dps can cause is when boss splits into 3 and you cant kill the real one fast enough, you get the big add, who creates fire donut on ground and ppl need to stand inside it.

Now vSS lol. Most pug groups fail miserably and disband at frost dragon. Not only no one wants to do or even knows the tomb mechanics, half the pug healers cant even heal them and cause them to blow up. Then unlike vRG, you get severely punished for low dps. The lower the dps, the more atros you get. And I know you can turn and kill atros during fight but theres 2 storm ones per every ice atro and alot of pug groups are not capable even killing 4 storms during flight. Same with the fire dragon. If dps is low, there will be too many atros for the pug tank to handle. And alot of times dps cant clear the fire ones even if they were stacked nicely. And then there's the last boss portals which require certain amount of dps and staying alive. Theres nothing like that in RG.

vCR, 99% of the pugs dont even know that you need 2 portal teams and even when explaned they always fail anyways for some reason.

Rockgrove is definitely one of the easiest vet dlc trials and totally pugable with some coaching as long as tanks are decent. For sure mechanics needs to be followed and not every pug group clears it but theres no dps checks. Theoretically, you could clear it with 8 x 10k DDs.
    vAA and vHRC has higher dps requirements lol because they actually have "dps checks "
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PC community is huge, and if the group you're in isn't okay with your dps output, I promise you there will be 30 other groups who will be just fine with it. Every group has different goals and expectations, and that's absolutely fine. Just keep looking.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    The PC community is huge, and if the group you're in isn't okay with your dps output, I promise you there will be 30 other groups who will be just fine with it. Every group has different goals and expectations, and that's absolutely fine. Just keep looking.

I have been on several guilds. Im on 8 atm on discord. They rarely do trials.
    And the ones that do once a week maybe*
    Ask for combat metrics, achievement logs, experience , mage class, addons instaled, etc.

So my stam isnt welcomed.
    I signed in one and they just ignored me. I even had shown parses.

At this point i and many just ignore trials exist
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I have been on several guilds. Im on 8 atm on discord. They rarely do trials.
    And the ones that do once a week maybe*
    Ask for combat metrics, achievement logs, experience , mage class, addons instaled, etc.

So my stam isnt welcomed.
    I signed in one and they just ignored me. I even had shown parses.

At this point i and many just ignore trials exist

But why are they not welcoming your stam character? If you are able to pull off the DPS in actual fights they require, are able to follow mechanics and do not die and they are ignoring you then probably need to find better raid leaders.

With that, it does not matter what the DPS requirements are for the raid. It only matters what the raid group requires and some will require much more than the game needs but that is their prerogative. Each of us needs to find the guild and raid groups that we fit into and not expect just any raid group to accept us regardless.

A great option is to form your own regular raid team. It is work and as a good raid leader, you will set your own requirements. You can be your own solution. Someone has to do it.
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    A great option is to form your own regular raid team. It is work and as a good raid leader, you will set your own requirements. You can be your own solution. Someone has to do it.

^^ Exactly this.

In general it's really hard to help respond to posts such as this. The scenario OP is describing is very weird and not what I have ever encountered. It's also very likely information is omitted that may help explain why OP was ignored.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

^^ Exactly this.

In general it's really hard to help respond to posts such as this. The scenario OP is describing is very weird and not what I have ever encountered. It's also very likely information is omitted that may help explain why OP was ignored.

I didnt omit info. Maybe its a eu thing.
    Ppl keep telling me to play mag
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 28, 2022 1:42AM
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU - PC My guilds have 2 regular and 3 occasional trial raids a week. So it is hardly EU thing. However, we aren't english guild.

Stam builds in vCR are "inapplicable" for most mechanics. They cannot kill orbs, they are week in portals. No matter how big DPS you have, playing mechanics come first and stam build cannot do that. We actualy have permanent 1 stam character in raid group (most players had more characters), but it is maximum we can carry in vCR+ with us. We would have big problems with second stamina build. Other trials are better for stamina.
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭

Where's the dps check? I've pugged it like theres no tomorrow and I haven't seen any.
    For sure add pulls are messy if dps is low but with pugs they sometimes kill 1 big add at the time and wipe. Its slow but its doable. Boss fights: Snake boss, just parse, no mechs, no engage, no dps check. Tanks just need to interrupt and even 10k dps can kill it eventually.

1st real boss (Oax) As long as you dps the adds when they spawn, you only get 1 at the time. No dps race. Yes, frogs can become a problem if dps is too low but then stop dps on boss and kill frogs. Ideally tanks chain them to boss so they get cleaved. Its the same mechanics throughout the fight. No dps check just gotta prioritize targets. I've done it with group dmg as low as 100k.

2nd boss, Bahsei. Same thing, kill adds as they spawn. Its also % based like the 1st boss. Theres no dps check, you can take all the time you need. Yes there are the meteors after 30%, but you can hardly call them a dps check. It only has like 3-400k hp and it only takes 2-3 ppl to kill it.

Last boss is just parse dummy basically. The only thing that low dps can cause is when boss splits into 3 and you cant kill the real one fast enough, you get the big add, who creates fire donut on ground and ppl need to stand inside it.

Now vSS lol. Most pug groups fail miserably and disband at frost dragon. Not only no one wants to do or even knows the tomb mechanics, half the pug healers cant even heal them and cause them to blow up. Then unlike vRG, you get severely punished for low dps. The lower the dps, the more atros you get. And I know you can turn and kill atros during fight but theres 2 storm ones per every ice atro and alot of pug groups are not capable even killing 4 storms during flight. Same with the fire dragon. If dps is low, there will be too many atros for the pug tank to handle. And alot of times dps cant clear the fire ones even if they were stacked nicely. And then there's the last boss portals which require certain amount of dps and staying alive. Theres nothing like that in RG.

vCR, 99% of the pugs dont even know that you need 2 portal teams and even when explaned they always fail anyways for some reason.

Rockgrove is definitely one of the easiest vet dlc trials and totally pugable with some coaching as long as tanks are decent. For sure mechanics needs to be followed and not every pug group clears it but theres no dps checks. Theoretically, you could clear it with 8 x 10k DDs.
    vAA and vHRC has higher dps requirements lol because they actually have "dps checks "

the dps check is on xalvaka hard mode if you dont push floors within 3 1/2 minutes the arena gets flooded with lava and group wipe with no amount of barriers able to save it.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials like vmol were made in a time were 35-45k dps was the best most players did. And thats one of the hardest trials.

Now a days people kick you from guilds, trials, insult you.
    If you do less than 100k

Like what the hell. The more i try to get in to trials the more i dislike the game mode

I hate the guild which have high requirement hardcore and massive mandatory.
    Don't use those type of guild. I don't want to lose diversity of playing style of ESO just for guild.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People act like the only raiding guilds that exist are end game. No guild I've been in has requirements like that except for him trials. You can sign up for vet with 60k dps if you know the Mechs and aren't dying constantly