Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 35 ToT Changes

ob1ken0bi
ob1ken0bi
✭✭✭
I'm lost. Where do I find this?
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General

You will now receive automatic placement match wins when a new season begins based on your final tier in the prior season.
    Fixed an issue that allowed you to receive a Tales of Tribute invite while still in the summary screen from a previous match.

UI

Clarified Tribute Patron tooltips to better communicate all their requirements and mechanics.

Source:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/614365/pts-patch-notes-v8-1-4#latest
    Edited by joerginger on August 22, 2022 12:59AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    You will now receive automatic placement match wins when a new season begins based on your final tier in the prior season.

The wording of this is unclear to me. Does this mean we will automatically be placed in the tier we were in when the prior season finished?
    PCNA
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »

The wording of this is unclear to me. Does this mean we will automatically be placed in the tier we were in when the prior season finished?

Doubtful. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. More likely you get to play your first ranked match of the season to decide if you stay in your former bracket or start at the beginning. Personally, I'd lose that match if that's the case. Where's the challenge in that? =o
    Edited by Veryamedliel on August 22, 2022 10:32AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Please explain what is meant by this:

"You will now receive automatic placement match wins when a new season begins based on your final tier in the prior season."

Does this mean we will automatically be placed in the tier we were in when the prior season finished?
    Or we get to play our first ranked match of the season to decide if we stay in our former bracket or start at the beginning?
    Or something completely different?
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @Silverbride. Sure, we can clarify. You normally need to play 5 placement games to place into a rank for a new season. But depending on your previous season rank, you will only need to play a few games and then get the remainder of the placement matched considered as free wins to solidify your placement for this season.

Example: If you ranked Rubedite in the previous season, you may only need to play 2 matches, with the other 3 matches* automatically being considered as "free" wins.

Hopefully this helps to clarify.

*Number here may vary season to season.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_Kevin!
    PCNA
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin What about color?
    PC/EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no longer able to join queue for ranked with any character. Is there a limit of matches we can play now per day?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @NeKryXe We have locked Rank Campaigns for right now. We placed an update here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kaladin82
    Kaladin82
    Soul Shriven
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I'm no longer able to join queue for ranked with any character. Is there a limit of matches we can play now per day?

Me as well ... I played one game, now it says "Your request to queue has failed".

Further, I am now only voidsteel rank with 0 points (actually 310 points after I won the only game I was able to play today), although I was Rubedite yesterday (ranked around 200 with 1477 points). In the Leaderboard the points are still showing but says unranked. Weird!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @NeKryXe We have locked Rank Campaigns for right now. We placed an update here.

oh! ok! Thanks for the information.