The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvDoor speedrunning has no counterplay and is killing Cyrodiil

• Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but as a brawler I prefer to not just have all my sets do the killing for me.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    1. Do you enjoy defending keeps and hopefully collecting a big D-tick?

In reality, it is sad that accomplishing what is supposed to be a significant task, capturing an enemy keep, is easier, and requires less player skill, than pretty much all dungeon bosses and trials.

It shouldnt but with 90% of people afk at the transitus.... they cant even hear the siege on the FD usually from there and have no clue whats even going on until it flags and is usually too late. If people actively watched more there would be some defense and stalling allowing your teammates to arrive

But not with PvDoor as it is and has been. Even if no one is AFK, the time it takes to get between keeps after a keep is flagged is not sufficient to mount a defense.

The easy fix is to harden both the inside and outside doors to make it a choice between going through the doors or the walls.

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Points are how factions win the campaign. That means taking and holding objectives like keeps, outposts and resources.

How is it possible that earning points for the faction in an effort to win the campaign be objectionable to some players?

Reason it's questionable is when the PVDoor gets so fanatical. It's just keeping the map all 1 color for multiple days on end with no changes.

Sure it's a campaign and people want to win, but when you PVDoor the other factions out of the campaign. It's not fun for anyone, which defeats the point. The winning faction isn't having fun controlling the map 24/7 because now we can't have any enjoyable fights as no one wants to fight a dead map and it's not fun on the other factions as you have absolutely nothing, no keeps, no points, no teammates to help, no chance to win.

When factions PvDoor so much they kill a campaign via faction stacking it's just not fun. Since I play all 3 factions, I've been on both sides where my faction owns everything and it's impossible to find a fight because 1 zerg patrolling the map stops other alliances from taking anything.
    And I've been on the side where I try to flip a resource or two just to try to work towards tier 3 rewards just to get run over by 12+ players who are guarding every part of the map(including resources) not even being able to earn any AP because of them. You're not even given the chance to get out of your gates in some situations lol(especially if there's a huge faction population imbalance)

Neither situation is fun for anyone and why people don't consider "PvDoor" to be a good thing in this game. I get wanting to win a campaign but some factions take it excessively and want to own the entire map all the time. They don't stop at scrolls and emperor, they have to map paint every bit of the campaign.

Which sucks the fun out of PVP
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 14, 2022 10:55PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Points are how factions win the campaign. That means taking and holding objectives like keeps, outposts and resources.

How is it possible that earning points for the faction in an effort to win the campaign be objectionable to some players?

Reason it's questionable is when the PVDoor gets so fanatical. It's just keeping the map all 1 color for multiple days on end with no changes.

Sure it's a campaign and people want to win, but when you PVDoor the other factions out of the campaign. It's not fun for anyone, which defeats the point. The winning faction isn't having fun controlling the map 24/7 because now we can't have any enjoyable fights as no one wants to fight a dead map and it's not fun on the other factions as you have absolutely nothing, no keeps, no points, no teammates to help, no chance to win.

When factions PvDoor so much they kill a campaign via faction stacking it's just not fun. Since I play all 3 factions, I've been on both sides where my faction owns everything and it's impossible to find a fight because 1 zerg patrolling the map stops other alliances from taking anything.
    And I've been on the side where I try to flip a resource or two just to try to work towards tier 3 rewards just to get run over by 12+ players who are guarding every part of the map(including resources) not even being able to earn any AP because of them. You're not even given the chance to get out of your gates in some situations lol(especially if there's a huge faction population imbalance)

Neither situation is fun for anyone and why people don't consider "PvDoor" to be a good thing in this game. I get wanting to win a campaign but some factions take it excessively and want to own the entire map all the time. They don't stop at scrolls and emperor, they have to map paint every bit of the campaign.

Doesn't this issue really come down to the population cap is so low now that players have to choose between PvDoor'ing and defending....because there just aren't enough players in the game to do both at the same time now days?
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zergmeri Doorminion are notorious for PvDooring and faction stacking, regardless of the campaign or how busy the map may be.
    Edited by Vetixio on August 15, 2022 12:35AM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't this issue really come down to the population cap is so low now that players have to choose between PvDoor'ing and defending....because there just aren't enough players in the game to do both at the same time now days?

It does yes, but player mentality feeds into it as well. Like I said, it never ends at getting scrolls and emperor, they have to map paint every bit of campaign. Can't stop until it's all blue or all red or all yellow.

Unless you're just that pressed for points I'd at least let the enemy have the back 3 keeps so they at least want to play pvp

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its ironic as we often use PvDoor to pull back the faction stacks. Can't tell you how many suicide runs I've been in with 6-8 people that has drawn the faction stack back because they just cannot split up for whatever reason.

If faction stacks are who are PvDooring; your scattered resistance getting there quicker is not going to help, but on the contrary; the stacks will be able to answer and be back on their way even quicker. This is all a terrible idea for the game
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does yes, but player mentality feeds into it as well. Like I said, it never ends at getting scrolls and emperor, they have to map paint every bit of campaign. Can't stop until it's all blue or all red or all yellow.

Unless you're just that pressed for points I'd at least let the enemy have the back 3 keeps so they at least want to play pvp

Many campaigns come down to the last day to decide a victor, sometimes by just a couple hundred points.

If you're not trying to score the most possible points per eval, then you only have yourself to blame when you lose.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Many campaigns come down to the last day to decide a victor, sometimes by just a couple hundred points.

If you're not trying to score the most possible points per eval, then you only have yourself to blame when you lose.

You can justify it as much as you want, but it's not gonna kill you when 1 player tries to capture 1 resource out of the hundreds a faction may already have lol. I've had 12 man groups stop me taking a resource when they own everything else. That 1 point isn't going to make you lose the campaign

On PSNA it's like this almost all the time, and it's only changed recently because of midyear mayhem momentum but there's so many times it's just like this in PVP:

d5b35d3b4914ad1ddc84c192066123ed.png
    d4dd6b723421a25750c27f2181386474.jpg

It's not down to a "hundred of few points", when there's barely anyone to earn points because you pvdoor'ed them out of the campaign. Reason I don't play in GH as my main campaign. I don't wanna be stuck on 1 faction that does this in pvp

• Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyone that plays Cyrodiil somewhat regularly will receive top 100 rewards regardless, so the campaign score is irrelevant. In fact, if you mostly play during enemy nightcap hours like I do, you would prefer to NOT come first to be eligible for the low pop bonus. You might think that's selfish, but ruining pugs during their nightcap is doing the lord's work and should be rewarded accordingly. I can understand why first place can't get double score, but it makes no sense that they don't have double AP to motivate individuals to scout PvDoor targets and/or farm pugs.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that plays Cyrodiil somewhat regularly will receive top 100 rewards regardless, so the campaign score is irrelevant. In fact, if you mostly play during enemy nightcap hours like I do, you would prefer to NOT come first to be eligible for the low pop bonus. You might think that's selfish, but ruining pugs during their nightcap is doing the lord's work and should be rewarded accordingly. I can understand why first place can't get double score, but it makes no sense that they don't have double AP to motivate individuals to scout PvDoor targets and/or farm pugs.

Well, a lot of us have hundreds of millions of AP in the bank, so that aspect is not that important. I play mainly for the big battles, keep defenses, field, gate, and bridge fights, etc. And also for alliance pride. I'm not a faction hopper like many. But I do agree that night capping PvDoor stuff is boring, and I try to avoid playing in the off hours for that very reason.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The object is to win the campaign. The score is what determines the winner.

I'll never understand those who have no interest in being team players and working together for a common goal.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll never understand those who have no interest in being team players and working together for a common goal.

Actually, for most long-term PvP players the goal is to have entertaining fights where you can demonstrate your skill against other, similarly skilled players. That is obviously impossible in a PvDoor or faction-stacking type of scenario.

Further, there is the interest of competitive balance within campaigns. As others have rightly pointed out, if one alliance has a population advantage and uses that to PvDoor, gate-camp, and zerg-down the smaller numbers on the other alliances then those other players eventually stop logging into the campaign - which creates a feedback loop that ultimately leads to a dead campaign (PC-NA Ravenwatch is a prime and recent example of this). If someone feels faction pride because they "won" in a dead campaign then they were never really interested in PvP to begin with, IMO.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on August 17, 2022 5:32PM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, for most long-term PvP players the goal is to have entertaining fights where you can demonstrate your skill against other, similarly skilled players. That is obviously impossible in a PvDoor or faction-stacking type of scenario.

Further, there is the interest of competitive balance within campaigns. As others have rightly pointed out, if one alliance has a population advantage and uses that to PvDoor, gate-camp, and zerg-down the smaller numbers on the other alliances then those other players eventually stop logging into the campaign - which creates a feedback loop that ultimately leads to a dead campaign (PC-NA Ravenwatch is a prime and recent example of this). If someone feels faction pride because they "won" in a dead campaign then they were never really interested in PvP to begin with, IMO.

People who play the map and play to win the campaign are not lesser players or doing anything wrong. I only play in the main, faction locked campaign, so I don't know what's happening in the other campaigns.
    Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on August 18, 2022 1:39AM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with the players. Cyrodiil needs adjustments.

ZOS totally disconnected from Cyrodiil.

One area that could be improved is to give players AP for fighting. I see epic fights that gives 0 AP points to the loosing party. As result no one wants to fight for 0 AP, unless you are into the fighting itself and not AP rewards.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real root of the problem is due to population caps having been reduced so much compared to what they were when the map was designed. When the cap were higher there would be two or three big fights going on at different keeps and still enough people left at other keeps to defend against smaller groups attacking them. These days one big fight at a keep easily ties up 90% of a faction, leaving everything else undefended.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth but having read through the last page or so of this thread... It sounds to me like a lot of people are relating to this discussion from a stance of "those darn pvdoor people have taken the entire map again."

But is it really them being dirty dirty pvdoorers when both other factions log off or actively avoid them because due to numbers or skill they will clearly win? Should they seriously just log out so you can have your turn to pvdoor? Or stand in a field somewhere advertising non cheese 1v1s for anyone that wants one?

Just remember, when you log in and your alliance owns nothing, and you go to take that first home keep resource, because you just want tier 3, but 12 enemies come zerg you down.... YOU are trying to pvdoor but they want to fight you. So stand there and take it. Cuz you owe them fights. You have to be a real pvper.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth but having read through the last page or so of this thread... It sounds to me like a lot of people are relating to this discussion from a stance of "those darn pvdoor people have taken the entire map again."

But is it really them being dirty dirty pvdoorers when both other factions log off or actively avoid them because due to numbers or skill they will clearly win? Should they seriously just log out so you can have your turn to pvdoor? Or stand in a field somewhere advertising non cheese 1v1s for anyone that wants one?

Just remember, when you log in and your alliance owns nothing, and you go to take that first home keep resource, because you just want tier 3, but 12 enemies come zerg you down.... YOU are trying to pvdoor but they want to fight you. So stand there and take it. Cuz you owe them fights. You have to be a real pvper.

The problem is like I said in an earlier post, they have to own EVERY bit of the map. If you own the entire map, scrolls and emperor why can I not take a resource to get tier 3? Why does 12 people come to zerg me down when I attempt to flip the 1 resource out of everything else that's blue in the map?

If you have an advantage and a clear one I see no harm in letting the other factions at least get their back 3 keeps and then defend the hell out of everything else.
    UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY BEHIND ON POINTS, I get it if youre playing catch up but the mentality is that everything must be owned by "my faction" and if it's not, you must fix that by server zerging the 1 thing that isn't.

It just straight up kills the campaign, it's easy to win a campaign that no one's playing. Then at that point what PVP is there when you have pvdoor and server zerg everyone out of cyro? It's literally a lose-lose situation for both sides.

People who wanna PVP on that faction can't because everyone is staying clear away from a dead campaign and people on the faction stacked side just log out because PVP is not possible when you own nothing and get server zerged off a resource lol.

Before I stopped playing ravenwatch I used to know people on the top alliance who would swap to losing factions literally to help them retake their home keeps because they knew no one wants to play a dead map and when they got ungated they'd go back to their main alliance. They actually were encouraging people to play in PVP even though they were the enemy, because they ACTUALLY WANT people in ravenwatch. Behaviors like this all the time doesn't encourage PVP, especially when you already have a HUGE advantage over enemy factions.

Tell me this, if you own all scrolls, emperor and have a huge lead on the campaign then what exactly are you trying keep every faction gated/needless map painting for?

• UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is like I said in an earlier post, they have to own EVERY bit of the map. If you own the entire map, scrolls and emperor why can I not take a resource to get tier 3? Why does 12 people come to zerg me down when I attempt to flip the 1 resource out of everything else that's blue in the map?

If you have an advantage and a clear one I see no harm in letting the other factions at least get their back 3 keeps and then defend the hell out of everything else.
    UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY BEHIND ON POINTS, I get it if youre playing catch up but the mentality is that everything must be owned by "my faction" and if it's not, you must fix that by server zerging the 1 thing that isn't.

It just straight up kills the campaign, it's easy to win a campaign that no one's playing. Then at that point what PVP is there when you have pvdoor and server zerg everyone out of cyro? It's literally a lose-lose situation for both sides.

People who wanna PVP on that faction can't because everyone is staying clear away from a dead campaign and people on the faction stacked side just log out because PVP is not possible when you own nothing and get server zerged off a resource lol.

Before I stopped playing ravenwatch I used to know people on the top alliance who would swap to losing factions literally to help them retake their home keeps because they knew no one wants to play a dead map and when they got ungated they'd go back to their main alliance. They actually were encouraging people to play in PVP even though they were the enemy, because they ACTUALLY WANT people in ravenwatch. Behaviors like this all the time doesn't encourage PVP, especially when you already have a HUGE advantage over enemy factions.

Tell me this, if you own all scrolls, emperor and have a huge lead on the campaign then what exactly are you trying keep every faction gated/needless map painting for?

Seems like the solution is to play in the main campaign then if you're so unhappy with Ravenwatch.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like the solution is to play in the main campaign then if you're so unhappy with Ravenwatch.

I don't play gray host because of faction lock. I prefer no faction locked campaigns because I don't get limited to having no PVP when this faction stacking happens. If it happens in gray host I just can't PVP anymore. At least in ravenwatch or blackreach I can just switch to another faction and still possibly play PVP.
    Gray Host doesn't have that due to faction locking. At that point you just have to hope people on other faction are willing to retake their home keeps. If not and map stays controlled by my faction then that means I get no PVP action
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 19, 2022 3:33PM

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't play gray host because of faction lock. I prefer no faction locked campaigns because I don't get limited to having no PVP when this faction stacking happens. If it happens in gray host I just can't PVP anymore. At least in ravenwatch or blackreach I can just switch to another faction and still possibly play PVP.
    Gray Host doesn't have that due to faction locking. At that point you just have to hope people on other faction are willing to retake their home keeps. If not and map stays controlled by my faction then that means I get no PVP action

But you are saying in the faction unlocked campaign, they are running the map, so which faction you swapping to? Seems your preference has created your dilemma

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you are saying in the faction unlocked campaign, they are running the map, so which faction you swapping to? Seems your preference has created your dilemma

I swap to whichever faction allows me to PVP. I used to pvp on gray host in daggerfall then to AD just for it to swap from DC faction zerging to Ad doing it. With faction locking I have no control over whether or not I get to PVP that day (the server zerging faction does).

At least in non-locked campaigns I can choose to play on a losing faction, help them and still be able to PVP, even if the PVP is poor because theres a 20,30 man zerg running the entire server. Poor pvp is better than none at all, which is what happens in GH if 1 faction runs everything. In an early post I sent screenshots of DC running GH on my platform with 3 bars vs only 1 bar ad. Back when I was playing DC there'd be no PVP for me whatsoever.
    At least I can find people to fight because clearly DC had the most numbers on at the time.

No faction lock doesn't solve the problem of gating obviously because it's a player mentality thing. But at least the option to PVP is there because I'm no longer limited to playing 1 faction all the time(at least until campaign ends)

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I swap to whichever faction allows me to PVP. I used to pvp on gray host in daggerfall then to AD just for it to swap from DC faction zerging to Ad doing it. With faction locking I have no control over whether or not I get to PVP that day (the server zerging faction does).

At least in non-locked campaigns I can choose to play on a losing faction, help them and still be able to PVP, even if the PVP is poor because theres a 20,30 man zerg running the entire server. Poor pvp is better than none at all, which is what happens in GH if 1 faction runs everything. In an early post I sent screenshots of DC running GH on my platform with 3 bars vs only 1 bar ad. Back when I was playing DC there'd be no PVP for me whatsoever.
    At least I can find people to fight because clearly DC had the most numbers on at the time.

No faction lock doesn't solve the problem of gating obviously because it's a player mentality thing. But at least the option to PVP is there because I'm no longer limited to playing 1 faction all the time(at least until campaign ends)

But if you are getting ran over by 1 faction running the entire map, you get it as the other faction, or you join the one running the map. It still doesn't solve your issue. Only full factions on all 3 sides does that, and that doesn't happen as often on the unlocked servers, and the unlocked servers always get worse the longer they exist as people chose to go to the faction owning the map more often than not.

Even in the locked; DC won a few times, and you wind up with the horde pouring in. Then primetime when a long queue exists, you don't see half of DC show up until you're on flags
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But maybe that person enjoys the No-CP format? There is not any faction-locked No-CP campaign at the moment.

Further, this mentality espoused by one of the Ravenwatch factions that it's preferable to drive the other factions out of the server because it makes it easier to "win" the resulting dead campaign is very strange. As the poster that you're replying to said, it's a lose-lose situation because nobody gets to PvP in a dead campaign.

I always hear rumors that there are players on the dominant faction in Ravenwatch that want to small-scale and that are annoyed with their faction's server-stack playstyle but it's never actually backed up by actions. In better days, players that felt that way would go play on the other alliances in order to re-balance populations and create a healthier campaign for everyone, but those days, it seems, are long gone.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deus ... Dunno why I can't tag you it doesn't seem to want to find your name for me. Anyway... I honestly agree with everything you said in response to me. I just think its funny how the overall conversation has evolved since last I was here having a few words with the OP. And I think its funny how the longer any one person talks the clearer it becomes what their ACTUAL individual gripe is and how this supposed fair solution clearly favors them and ignores the other side.

I'm sure anyone that cares enough to remember my name is starting to think I'm a jerk on these forums. And they aren't really wrong. But I see a lot of hypocrisy and a lot of people being oblivious to other peoples' plight. A lot of taking video games too seriously and assuming that our own favorite aspect of the game should be what changes focus on.

I'm not a fan.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But if you are getting ran over by 1 faction running the entire map, you get it as the other faction, or you join the one running the map. It still doesn't solve your issue. Only full factions on all 3 sides does that, and that doesn't happen as often on the unlocked servers, and the unlocked servers always get worse the longer they exist as people chose to go to the faction owning the map more often than not.

Even in the locked; DC won a few times, and you wind up with the horde pouring in. Then primetime when a long queue exists, you don't see half of DC show up until you're on flags

I don't disagree with what you're saying but I still prefer being able to play PVP and have that freedom over not being able to. It's just not fun to log on and see my faction has taken over everything and forced everyone out.

Having to pay for alliance swap tokens to swap my characters is a huge waste of money imo because if every faction COULD flip the entire map to their color, they WOULD.

It's not like server zerging and gating every faction is a color-specific thing to do. Every faction WOULD 100% do it if they had the population advantage to do so. And for that reason I prefer to play in the unlocked campaign. I'd rather not spend a couple hundred to spend alliance change tokens to move my toons to another faction again just to play in Gray Host. I'd much rather play in unlocked campaign with characters spread out across campaigns. Alliance change tokens for 10 characters aren't cheap lol

• deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About what we all just read: I gotta say one thing, if I’m giving my HONEST opinion. It sounds very much like you’re a fairly talented bomber, part of a bomber team, and by your own words farm below average players incessantly. And you take exception to them trying to avoid you and want to force them into you more often.

No such agenda here. There are plenty of things to bomb in Cyrodiil besides door pugs when you are a "talented bomber". Many people are simply not fans of letting keeps go for free with no chance to defend, especially when already at a population disadvantage.

More importantly, the main takeaway from this should be that PvDoor is not going to help anybody get into PVP. I'm not saying people PvDoor because they are "below average". They are "below average" because they only PvDoor and nothing else, therefore will never improve, and so their only answer to failure is to PvDoor even faster and crouch for even longer.

The only thing worse than PvDoor groups on other factions is those on your own faction. They paralyze the flow of the map by tying up opponents who are now too busy scouting / defending to push. PvDoor hurts everyone except for PvDoor enthusiasts themselves - please don't portray it as an innocent, victimless playstyle.

I disagree. Mainly because its not the PVDOOR groups fault that noone was watching the keeps like theyre supposed to. Lets hope to god the banks do a better job with our money and not leave the vaults empty for the burglers to just walk in.

The ZERG is the problem leaving everything empty and completely undefended behind it!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on August 21, 2022 1:49PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah even without the map being flipped one color; just sitting as one faction is double teeamed is boring to me. As a permanent DC; there was a lot I used to like about coming on at prime time being gated and losing a scroll. Fights were right there and usually with a target rich environment full of soft targets. Best fights are when we are all full though
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 21, 2022 9:27PM
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally unsure about this one.

On one point, I can see why taking a keep quickly is useful even if it's boring not to have a fight. However, like the person above said, I don't think most people intend to pvdoor at least not when the camp is full. It just happens and people take advantage of an empty keep. At the same time when you're on the side of losing the keep it can be very frustrating to not even have a chance to defend it. I think this happens with every faction to be honest.

Furthermore, pvdoor can sometimes be a good thing if the faction doing it is outnumbered or being double teamed. In and out then on to the next.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑