The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forum account warning: when it expires?

Gandalf_72
Gandalf_72
✭✭✭
Hi all.

I am been warned.
I received an official warning.

A ticket regarding this action has also opened by support on my account: ticket #220630-007164.

9rv5ai15c5ca.jpg

l9agyakq4faz.jpg

c0jgrarwwfgn.jpg

This happened 1 month ago.

Can anyone tell me when it expires?

wyus6aws2qqx.jpg

I already sent two tickets in two different categories #220813-002068 and #220815-001112 to Support but they have both been closed with no response.

I read here, here, here, here without being able to find an answer to my question and I also looked for it in the whole forum without getting results.

I will never violate the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct again.
I absolutely don't want to run any risk of being banned for any reason.

Through those images, my only intention was to want to denounce here the fact that it had happened and highlight the anger of all the players who had found themselves in that situation, which we all had to live in at that moment.
Never ever meant to break the rules, but now I understand my mistake and it will never happen again.

I just want to know if this warning is eternal or not ...
I will be careful not to take any further warnings, but as with driving licence points I would like to know if there is a date on which a reset is expected.

Thank you very much.

Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 19, 2022 1:14PM
PC | EU
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This'll get closed for being ... double ungood.

Appeal. Always. They'll very likely uphold the original decision but it's your only voice.

Although the forum warnings technically expire(yours says '3 days'), once 'tagged' your forum account is now moving inexorably towards terminal velocity.

Welcome to Oceania.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not used Vanilla in some time. I think moderation notifications stay on your account indefinitely, but the effects end after the specified duration. In your screenshot, it says "2 points, lasts 3 days." You can read more on Vanilla here.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    I've not used Vanilla in some time. I think moderation notifications stay on your account indefinitely, but the effects end after the specified duration. In your screenshot, it says "2 points, lasts 3 days." You can read more on Vanilla here.

Thank you for your reply @Troodon80 ;)
    but unfortunately it says "2 points, lasts 3 days" since last month and it never changes...
    that's why I had submitted tickets to Support which unfortunately did not receive feedback and were closed without explanation :(:(

Next week I will check if it will continue to change nothing.

PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when it expires?

I just want to know if this warning is eternal or not ...

The warning is eternal. What is up for debate is how much the moderators use that old information when the next infraction comes along.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will never expire, from what I my guildmates are telling me.

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    but unfortunately it says "2 points, lasts 3 days" since last month and it never changes...
    that's why I had submitted tickets to Support which unfortunately did not receive feedback and were closed without explanation :(:(
    To clarify: as I said above, the notification likely stays on your account indefinitely (read: forever). Moderators can delete moderator Notes, but unless a Vanilla addon can do it it doesn't seem like Warnings can generally be deleted as standard. If a warning has been reversed, it will say reversed, but the warning itself will still stay as a reminder to other moderators that the account had some infraction and what happened as a result. However, the time period for the warning is displayed and, given the duration, should be expired.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot to everyone. ;)
    I gave "I agree" reactions to all of you ;)
    I have received enough explanations, clarifications and answers and therefore I am satisfied and in my opinion the thread is finished.

:)
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on August 19, 2022 12:32AM
    PC | EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is discussing disciplinary action, we will be closing the discussion going forward. For any forum actions against your forum account, you can open a ticket in order to send in an appeal.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.