The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My mini map stopped working after today's update. Anyone else having the same issue?

HunterTheCapricorn
It worked fine just yesterday but after the new update it just went invisible. However map name and coordinates are still showing.
In the addon options ingame it says it needs LibAddon 2.0 but I checked it in minion already and it is the newest version.
This is really frustrating.
I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Same, my mini map keeps vanishing when open like inventory window, or any other window, and it wont come back with teh keypress, have to hit the button several times.

Update has broken mini map, and ran all updaters on it and still borked !!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always nice that you find the time to write about what is broken without actually telling the needed info: Addon name?
    Because there only exists 1 minimap addon... :)
  • Zenlun
    Zenlun
    ✭✭
    Fyrakin's Minimap is exhibiting this behavior; summoning our lord and savior @Baertram :)
  • AJA
    AJA
    ✭✭✭
    Am also having issues with Fyrakin's minimap :/
  • SimiOC2
    SimiOC2
    ✭✭
    <sniff> same problem here with Minimap by Fyrakin !!!!! Someone help, please !!!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, the addon comments of the "patch" here says to wait for a fix please, the author of the patch is aware of it.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3384-PatchforMiniMapbyFyrakin2022.07.19.html

Edit:
    Meanwhile 3 updates were released that work on fixes for the issue.

An advice/ask for help upon addon error posting:
    Always post to the addon comments at www.esoui.com, as the author will get informed and not all of us also are able to watch the official forums here (as ZOs decided one day to not always allow new signups...).
    So better post there, read if anyone posted a workaround, and if you post errors or got information that helps tell the dev there so we are able to fix it properly.
    Please refuse from postings like "me too" or "the same" or "Mine also doesn't work" if you cannot add more details WHY it is not working :D
    It's always good to know that multiple users are affected but it often is just annoying to read 20x the same message and having to search for "the real helping posts". Hope this does not sound rude, it's just the truth.

What you should and could do on your side some testing before posting too so the devs get help, like save your currently enabled addons via e.g. "Addon Selector", then disable all other addons except the one that errors, and see if the error persists. If not find out which of your other before enabled addons failed.
    Update all your libraries, check your addons for libraries in subfolders and remove them like described here:
    https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Thanks for your support <3
    Edited by Baertram on July 19, 2022 2:43PM
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Votans mini map seems to work by the way. I'll just use this one for now while waiting for an update on the one I actually intend to use.
    I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    Bandits mini map has the same issue, ever now and then it disappears. triggering the in game map 'M' key and clearing it then restores the mini map. This only start after the patch yesterday.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This patch has it fixed for me. I hope it helps you as well.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3384

All the reports/discussions are here:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info605-MiniMapbyFyrakin.html#comments

PS - Post bugs or thanks in the patch comment section, please.
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 20, 2022 3:17PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • pentolino18
    pentolino18
    ✭✭
    mine has stopped working yesterday... the game complains about outdated libraries. Minion doesn't find any update.

Has anyone else had problems recently?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• pentolino18
    pentolino18
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

thanks that worked; I see minion has outdated libraries, should I do anything to fix that? Or simply download the updated libraries from that site?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check the automatic addon update in minion/options,you dont have to manually download anything
    Edited by method__01 on August 9, 2022 3:13PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• MacLayden
    MacLayden
    Can see top and bottom of MM, but not the map is self. Have remove mm and reloaded it. Did not help.
    Be there some thing in game I need to do to get it to work.
    Thanks for any info / help given.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭