Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS - Control time in houses? (Sacred Hourglass of Alkosh)

Sir Tanks a lot
Sir Tanks a lot
✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else saw this yet on PTS? It looks like we are going to be able to control the time. I couldn't preview it yet but the description seems to indicate as much.
If so then thank you for listening to us!

genyk68q4dix.png
Edited by Sir Tanks a lot on July 12, 2022 12:13AM
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is the Q4 event reward. If it was a cash shop item I'd expect it to be an inventory item like music boxes, not a multi-use collectible.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we could keep our houses either daytime or nighttime indefinitely, or only as long as we are there? Any idea?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the Q4 event reward. If it was a cash shop item I'd expect it to be an inventory item like music boxes, not a multi-use collectible.

i hope its not an event reward, and rather something that is always available, it would be quite dissapointing if it wouldnt be available for housing enthusiast that join the game later or miss the event.
    Such a "game changer" should be available permanently. Ideally through quest, achievement or crafting. I hope it will be an expensive crown store item.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShinyBacon wrote: »

i hope its not an event reward, and rather something that is always available, it would be quite dissapointing if it wouldnt be available for housing enthusiast that join the game later or miss the event.
    Such a "game changer" should be available permanently. Ideally through quest, achievement or crafting. I hope it will be an expensive crown store item.

I hope it isn't an expensive crown store item. XD
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Something that's been asked for for ages, very nice. Good start, keep it going.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a morph of the Soulfire Dragon Illusion pet so it looks like it will be the Q4 morph. I agree though that it is rather odd to place it as this year's event finale given that new players may want it and who knows how/if they will be able to acquire it outside of this year's event.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It wont be any use to me though, the bastion does not have a day/night cycle.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it will be an expensive crown store item.

Are you serious? It shouldn't cost crowns at all.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main concern is it looks like it's special collectible and the limit on those is already so low. Unless you can use it then remove it but keep the time set.
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭

I hope it isn't an expensive crown store item. XD

Hahaha, omg... what the heck did i write there. You are absolutely right, I hope its NOT!! ....
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭

no. it was a typical case of typing faster than i can think. It totally should NOT cost crowns. But my pessimistic mind tells me that it probably will
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no. it was a typical case of typing faster than i can think. It totally should NOT cost crowns. But my pessimistic mind tells me that it probably will

Ah, I'm familiar with that phenomenon. Those words slipping away from being typed.

But I doubt it's going to be a crown thing because it is in the collectables. So it's more a question if it's going to be an event thing, from a quest or somesuch.
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    I think that some of the questions asked so far may have been answered here...
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, for a change, some good news from the PTS this time.

This we have to admit - ZOS can surprise us. Positively, and... negatively
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would prefer sandy island with a ship, but this is actually pretty cool! I'll spend my tickets on this thing and would be glad to have it. Finally my houses will have this perfect late evening feeling. Permanently.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A Collectible, meaning we can put one in every house we choose?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vampire is going to be very happy!
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    interesting, if true
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like we will need to wait to the right time to activate it, and freeze time at that point.

It won’t be very useful for adjusting lighting in a house with a day/night cycle, which is really what we need a tool to help with. The problem of waiting for the daylight to be right will remain, but at least we can keep that frozen while we set the lights.

Azura can have her perpetual twilight, at least.
    Edited by ghastley on July 29, 2022 4:18PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It looks like we will need to wait to the right time to activate it, and freeze time at that point.

It won’t be very useful for adjusting lighting in a house with a day/night cycle, which is really what we need a tool to help with. The problem of waiting for the daylight to be right will remain, but at least we can keep that frozen while we set the lights.

What? No that would be terrible.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

It would be cool if there was a dial on it that you could turn and advance the day/night or rewind it before you set it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Does it mean we can freeze time when there's no sandstorm at Twin Arches and no volcanic ash storm at Humblemud? If so, I'm definitely going to pick up these 2 places too!
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the PTS patch notes it looks like they confirmed in and we can preview how to works
    This event also introduces the first of three total fragments for the final morph for the Soulfire Dragon Illusion, the Sacred Hourglass of Alkosh furnishing, which can change the time of day when placed in your house!

You can preview this furnishing and its functionality by visiting the Impresario and previewing it from the fragment in her inventory.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the PTS preview, the hourglass has the following settings: inactive, sunrise, morning, midday, afternoon, sunset, and midnight. In other words, you'll be able to change the time on a whim; you don't have to wait around until the house is at the right time on its own. Neat little detail: the later it is in the day, the more of the sand goes to the bottom half of the hourglass :D
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a crown symbol on the upper right corner of the first photo, guessing this will be a crown store item. Also, hard to tell the size of this item in the latter photos, any idea as to the size of this?
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a crown symbol on the upper right corner of the first photo, guessing this will be a crown store item. Also, hard to tell the size of this item in the latter photos, any idea as to the size of this?

@PrimusTiberius It's said on numerous occasions it's the last event morph. It's not a crown item. As for it's size it's about the same as the other hourglasses you can put on a table.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 16, 2022 3:17PM
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    So we could keep our houses either daytime or nighttime indefinitely, or only as long as we are there? Any idea?

My guess would be a toggle. Either flow/freeze time or a few options that allow you to just set time of day.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this item aleady. It's really hard work when in the decorating phase of putting a home together and it goes dark and you can't see what you are doing - it will help a lot and also makes it possible to set any home to the best time as well afterwards.
  • chillfirepup
    Oh, my... Now, this. This is a dream come true! I like to build to make sure my houses are nice during the night as well as the day. :)
  • chillfirepup
    Did I miss it, though?