Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bad Emote/Momento changes on Console - Broke stacking ability, added new category, unusable emotes

LurgidBean
LurgidBean
✭✭✭✭
After the update for console I am unable to use my purchased Momentos & emotes as I did previously. I cannot use my momento auras (purchased from crown crates) with my emotes (also purchased from crown crates) and a polymorph (also purchased with crowns or crown gems).
For example from my quickslot I would 1. Momento Aura that lasts 2+ minutes 2. Polymorph 3. Dance as a glowy robot, spriggan, daedra, skeleton etc
Or use the polymorph dance glitch to use the cute male Kahjiit dance on a female character while flowers and leaves sprout at my warden's feet.
These things were all easily done before High Isle and I'd like those options again, as I bought many crown store & crate items with these purposes in mind.

Additionally, upon investigation of this new, introduced issue I found an entirely new emote category added called "Perpetual" that only has one emote "Hot" that doesn't do anything. There are added emotes that (I'm 98% sure) weren't there before, that also do nothing when selected. "Taichi" under Physical, and "LookAtThis" under Entertainment. Please note that neither of these have appropriate spacing in the name. I didn't see anything in patch notes about it.

It is my hope ZOS and @ZOS_Kevin will comment on this as they did the previous unpopular "hide helmet" and "shield block" emote changes that were reverted. Particularly because this includes crown store purchases such as polymorphs. (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7613783)

uije30llfw7j.jpg

en77rqd0k4ce.jpg

nq9jwyp528ms.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 2, 2022 4:04PM
Xbox NA/EU
"Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Xbox Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @LurgidBean

Do you have these issues on multiple characters?

Have you tried clearing the local cache?

Instructions for doing so can be found below.

How do I delete The Elder Scrolls save data on console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Just googled this emote because I was wondering what the heck is going on too. You added a special category with one emote in it that does absolutely nothing. It's quite bizarre.

Yes, it's on multiple characters. No, I'm not going to bother clearing the cache over some weird emote.

Get on an xbox and check it out for yourself if you want. I'm fairly sure these were accidentally added and that's why they arent funtional- the weird names and new category with only one thing in it make me suspect that.
    Edited by FluffWit on August 9, 2022 9:14AM