The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS please remove Dark Convergence from the game

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    is it truly because of convergence, or just a continuing trend of lower player pops in cyrodiil that started a few years after the game first went live...

I don't know all the reasons there seem to be fewer and fewer pvp participants...I do know though there's more than just a few...

pretty sure convergence isn't all that woes cyrodiil...

it's tough though, I play late night US time and cyro has become a ghost town for me on the EU server, and barely enough folks to keep the fight going on the NA server...

It's not just Dark Covergeance. It's the decision making process that put Dark Covergeance in the game.

Those people who think all ZOS has to do is delete the set are making the same mistake Brutus and the Roman Senate made thinking they just have to remove Caesar and the Republic could be saved.

Cyrodiil 's problems are many and have very deep roots. With no full time PVP developer, let alone a team dedicated to it, how do you suppose those problems get addressed? Introducing dramatic sets and outright removing core elements are the only means ZOS can resort to under these conditions.

ZOS has chosen to focus almost exclusively on new PVE zones, expanding their story (which now hardly ever even metion the three banners war), and dungeons. It's obviously been a successful business venture and thus sealed the fate of Cyrodiil. That approach sustains the franchise and allows growth, but has real consequences: I get better support from some games made over ten years ago from companies that no longer exist than what ZOS gives Cyrodill.
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 1, 2021 3:42PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    is it truly because of convergence, or just a continuing trend of lower player pops in cyrodiil that started a few years after the game first went live...

I don't know all the reasons there seem to be fewer and fewer pvp participants...I do know though there's more than just a few...

pretty sure convergence isn't all that woes cyrodiil...

it's tough though, I play late night US time and cyro has become a ghost town for me on the EU server, and barely enough folks to keep the fight going on the NA server...

It's not just Dark Covergeance. It's the decision making process that put Dark Covergeance in the game.

Those people who think all ZOS has to do is delete the set are making the same mistake Brutus and the Roman Senate made thinking they just have to remove Caesar and the Republic could be saved.

Cyrodiil 's problems are many and have very deep roots. With no full time PVP developer, let alone a team dedicated to it, how do you suppose those problems get addressed? Introducing dramatic sets and outright removing core elements are the only means ZOS can resort to under these conditions.

ZOS has chosen to focus almost exclusively on new PVE zones, expanding their story (which now hardly ever even metion the three banners war), and dungeons. It's obviously been a successful business venture and thus sealed the fate of Cyrodiil. That approach sustains the franchise and allows growth, but has real consequences: I get better support from some games made over ten years ago from companies that no longer exist than what ZOS gives Cyrodill.

Sure, there's plenty of other problems, and probably a slew of new ones on the horizon. But this one set is what makes me leave most nights. Even blocking and rolling every pull, its so prolific in the Xbox NA server that there's no avoiding it unless all you do in a fight is block and roll.

This is the worst thing ZOS has ever made, and they just scaled the damage up and removed the cap.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭

Cyrodiil 's problems are many and have very deep roots.

I dont think I've seen anyone saying that removing Dark Convergence would fix all of Cyrodiil's problems - but it would fix this problem.

We have enough trouble with lag and crashes and non-rendering skills and siege. This is just too much. Too much power for those using it, and too much to have to try to counter for those affected by it. To be brutally honest, it feels like a big [snip] from the devs to the pvp community.

...and yes I'm using it (on some toons), because I have to. It's either that or be woefully at a disadvantage.

BTW - this set does nothing to stem the tide of giant groups steamrolling across the map. That can't be fixed with a set, and quite frankly, I don't have any problem with that. People who complain about large groups need to go out and form one or join one. It's supposed to be large scale combat.

This set was dropped on us to "fix" a nonexistent problem, and has only made things more ridiculous. An aoe pull, and stun, and immobilize, and explosion that scales exponentially the more people are in the aoe? Really? Who thought this would be a good idea? Who wanted this?

Ah well. Que Sera sera.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 2, 2021 2:27PM
  • wotevah
    wotevah
    ✭✭✭
    Not even a little broken...this is it working as intended....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOfvXE77c1Y
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wotevah wrote: »
    Not even a little broken...this is it working as intended....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOfvXE77c1Y

Wait. When they removed the 2nd pull, do they mean just having it pull once but the end pull? Looks like it pulled you right on explosion there?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this set still a problem or can I decon it?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "unintended" effects need to be fixed. Pulling off walls or angles that do not respect LoS.
    One side effect in some sieges is they now seem to take longer due to this set. The people using DC from upstairs usually aren't jumping down to make a decisive push after getting half a group down. Instead they keep spamming the DC from the safety of the keep hoping to get the rest while they rezz the dead. All this seems to do is delay the siege when an accumulation of players in one spot was something they wanted to avoid.

I've seen it said before, DC probably should've been an ultimate in a new alliance skill line instead of a 5th set bonus.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did that second player hit you with a 76k proc? Did I miss something? That's insane.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on November 2, 2021 5:37PM
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    How did that second player hit you with a 76k proc? Did I miss something? That's insane.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking blastbones+boneyard+Vicious Death + Occult Overload CP , and all the AOE CP + Shadow or Thief mundus or some such setup? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a guess, but I'm thinking blastbones+boneyard+Vicious Death + Occult Overload CP , and all the AOE CP + Shadow or Thief mundus or some such setup? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there's only 2 items on the death recaps - both convergence procs...

yeah wow, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say a 70k or 90k damage proc is highly suspect in terms of being a "legitimate" game damage calculation...if it is something other than legit - that account needs to be closed...
    tumblr_nlrslfZz7R1tj0znpo1_400.gif

too funny how they wanted to make sure they got their t-bagging in...a cheater who bags, how surprising...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 3, 2021 5:14AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • wotevah
    wotevah
    ✭✭✭

That's not my count on those procs...there are two for each DC, you need to add them together to get the sum of free damage from chucking down a caltrops...1st one was 26,827 damage on 1st tick and and 90,752 on 2nd tick for a whopping 117,579 damage from 1 proc of DC.

The second kill is even more outrageous... 1st tick is 57,561 and 2nd is 76,489 to an insane total damage from 1 proc of DC on one target of 134,050.

[snip]. The numbers you should take away are 117,579 and 134,050. Nothing ought to do damage like that in this game in pvp.

[edited to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on November 3, 2021 5:43PM
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that's an absolutely baffling and ridiculous amount of damage from one proc of Dark Conversion. And that's post-nerf, right? That's something that definitely needs addressed as soon as possible.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on November 3, 2021 5:51PM
  • wotevah
    wotevah
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, that's an absolutely baffling and ridiculous amount of damage from one proc of Dark Conversion. And that's post-nerf, right? That's something that definitely needs addressed as soon as possible.

I think this is pre-nerf...what nerf? Changed yes, but not really nerfed.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is pre-nerf...what nerf? Changed yes, but not really nerfed.

Well the nerf would definitely effect 1v1. The initial damage was cut by 59% so in a 1v1 scenario as that second fight then the damage would be significantly lower (not that 59% less damage would have made a huge difference there.) If that's pre-nerf then we can't judge much from it.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on November 3, 2021 6:12PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's pre-nerf then we can't judge much from it.

The video shows the visual effect from before Update 32. The new visual effect is a lot more dramatic.

And I hardly think DC was "nerfed." If the video were after U32, they could have taken a lot more damage, depending on how many other players were hit at the same time.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but I'm specifically referring to the second fight shown in that video, which was a 1v1 and yes DC is nerfed under those conditions.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this is still being discussed-- the set is absolute garbage now. I tried it out for a couple hours after the nerf.

It does nothing to zergs, I tried it on the nightly massive AD zerg on PC NA GH late PST. the explosion doesnt occur until 4 seconds after the pull, so everyone just walks out. If you manage to hit anyone, the damage is minimal, eg 1500.

I hit 6 people at the most and the max damage was 2500. The scaling that is supposed to happen doesnt seem to calculate well.

Dar Convergence and Hrothgar are now both useless garbage. Whatever issue they were supposed to address is now once again unaddressed.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems fine now IMO. Still don't like the pull as I rubber banded once last night during a scroll take from outside the keep, all the way back in; but it was minimal.

It still seemed to work on the mass clusters of players that stack so thick, they seem to not know they are in it. And players/groups that use it as utility to setup a kill zone. I got caught by 4 or 5 that I was actually impressed with who pulled me in, hit bombard and fear, and bombed.

It is in fact; now a lot weaker for those who would drop it and just stand there spamming their ground AOE hoping for the next proc. They pull players in and instantly regret the damage coming their way. I had countless player kills from chasing down ones just spamming roll dodge to get away until they run out of stam. Should be a wake up call for people who crutched too hard. Time to L2P again, or find the other cheese that is now out there.
    Edited by techyeshic on November 4, 2021 10:45AM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    Not sure why this is still being discussed-- the set is absolute garbage now. I tried it out for a couple hours after the nerf.

It does nothing to zergs, I tried it on the nightly massive AD zerg on PC NA GH late PST. the explosion doesnt occur until 4 seconds after the pull, so everyone just walks out. If you manage to hit anyone, the damage is minimal, eg 1500.

I hit 6 people at the most and the max damage was 2500. The scaling that is supposed to happen doesnt seem to calculate well.

Dar Convergence and Hrothgar are now both useless garbage. Whatever issue they were supposed to address is now once again unaddressed.

It's not the damage of the set that bothered me or friends I play with.

It's the pull. Pulling and ping ponging people into a cluster of ultimates. When you're getting yanked into a coordinated colossus, dawn breakers, blast bones, shalks, and everyone and their mother using whirlwind (which will now be more). The set's cooldown is too low, too many people have it, and it lines up entirely too well with delayed burst and multi-ulti dumps.

Yes, there's a slight bit of counter play. I don't typically die to the set. I think I've seen the set proc itself in maybe 3-4 recaps since it was released. It's the constant pulling around, disruption of combat, and blindsiding by being on the edge of a minefield and getting yanked around. Even when not even in the radius.

I'm on console, so haven't gotten to see the new version yet. I'm hoping it's not as bad now. Hopefully adheres to line of site rules as well and doesn't pull or do damage through floors anymore.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "pull" is just a copy paste of the warden skill.
    i Hate that being pulled by warden because im a archer.
    but here we see a set doing the exact same thing and everyone all of a sudden cant play?
    thats just rediculas.

if the pull is taken away then do the same to wardens and take thier pull away!
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 4, 2021 4:09PM
  • wotevah
    wotevah
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    but here we see a set doing the exact same thing and everyone all of a sudden cant play?
    thats just rediculas.

Sorry, mate...I cannot see the similarity. I struggled to think what warden skill you are referring to, but my guess is Frozen Zones or the other morph. Those strike me as niche skills. You don't see them all that often, and at least they have a cost and GCD attached to them. No where near as impactful as DC, and occasionally frozen zones are quite funny tbh.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats just rediculas.

Sorry, mate...I cannot see the similarity. I struggled to think what warden skill you are referring to, but my guess is Frozen Zones or the other morph. Those strike me as niche skills. You don't see them all that often, and at least they have a cost and GCD attached to them. No where near as impactful as DC, and occasionally frozen zones are quite funny tbh.

Similarity was already debunked in detail across multiple threads.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats just rediculas.

I agree 100%. There should be no free pull in any game. It's a toxic mechanic.

Anything that displaces another player's position should cost resources and have to be aimed; it should be a skill, not a free proc for nubs needing a crutch.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats just rediculas.

I agree 100%. There should be no free pull in any game. It's a toxic mechanic.

Anything that displaces another player's position should cost resources and have to be aimed; it should be a skill, not a free proc for nubs needing a crutch.

If you think that's toxic, wait until Update 35, when players can put on a set of armor and just randomly strip your buffs away while they are pulling you all around the battlefield.

I can't comprehend why they try so hard to take skilled play away from the players, and make combat depend on some sort of armor RNG meta. Mind boggling.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played daily during midyear and died maybe 5-10 times total while in a dark convergence pull. Its simply because I dont stack, and when I have been stacking it's killed me. The set was literally designed to punish people who stack.

If you are conscious about not stacking, you will not longer have a problem with the set.