The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS please remove Dark Convergence from the game

shacklebreaker
shacklebreaker
✭✭✭
Hello Zenimax, please remove Dark Convergence from the game completely.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, at the very least it needs a hefty nerf to the pull mechanic
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, just nerf the pull (even out of the aoe i'm still pulled) and it's fine
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it is currently broken and you get pulled from outside of its range.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only effective if you are doing what the set was made to be effective against... In that case, then you need to organize better or find and kill the conversion users. Sounds as simple as killing all the healers in a ball group esp. if all of them happen to be healing ;)

That said, they do need to cap its range properly.

Other than that, block or roll...
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is overperforming to the point everyone in cyrodiil is running it. The pull range is broken and pulling people from across the battlefield. It is also causing frequent Desyncs and worsening performance. There's even exploits using this set to intentionally desync other players and you can use this set to pull defenders and oilers off of walls. This set needs to be nerfed. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SimonThesis on August 29, 2021 3:36PM
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this patch will be known as the Dark ConZERGence patch.
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP 6 players staying in ram, pulled and death. Stay on range siege, pulled and dead. This set is hurting ordinary sieging.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS introduced at least one PvP breaking set right before passing the baton to MS. Dark Convergence, as it is now anyway, is totally unacceptable.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing on it needs nerfed, it is the only thing stopping zergs.
    zenimax please do not remove nor alter the set. it is perfect zerg stopper.
  • Emperor_ManBearPig
    Dark convergence is easy to roll dodge out of, use RAT, mist form, or use block. The set is working as intended for taking out zergs and faction stacks.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark convergence is easy to roll dodge out of, use RAT, mist form, or use block. The set is working as intended for taking out zergs and faction stacks.

If there's no lag :smile: I've had instances where I'll roll dodge out of it and get pulled back in. Of course that could just be the janky CC immunity in this game.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go to Cyro for the large battles. Its literally a key reason I came to this game. As much as I love them, I'm not there for 1-4 vs. 1-4. That type of fight I can get in bgs.

That being said;

How do you resolve Cyrodiil performance issues?

Trash it. So you can claim not enough people play it. So you can ditch it and/or release something else people will pay money for "instead".
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, both my wife and I got pulled off the D ring from someone below and no, we weren't even close to the edge, this set is currently broken, as that shouldn't be a thing.

EDIT:
    It is pretty easy to replicate, but not going to post it here as Cyrodiil is screwed up enough without everyone doing this now. Also, the fact that DC pulls from way outside its range just makes the issue worst.

On another encounter I was not pulled entirely off the keep, but was left hovering mid-air off the wall mostly stuck, and it took numerous jumps / rolls to get back on the keep.
    Edited by Kwoung on August 30, 2021 4:50PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    DC pulls from way outside its range just makes the issue worst.

I believe that's more of a lag/latency challenge than set over performing. I've been using the set for a few days, and as soon as prime time lag hits the location you drop an effect may have the pull occur on people who left the area 2-3 seconds prior due to game clients syncing with the server and catching up. It's pretty obvious when that happens..
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

I believe that's more of a lag/latency challenge than set over performing. I've been using the set for a few days, and as soon as prime time lag hits the location you drop an effect may have the pull occur on people who left the area 2-3 seconds prior due to game clients syncing with the server and catching up. It's pretty obvious when that happens..

Yeah, I have noticed that as well, but I have also been pulled off the D ring to the ground, from the opposite side of the D and hadn't been in the area it hit... so there was that too unfortunately. Also, a few times I had just rode up to a battle and was immediately yanked like 20m+ forward, to a spot where I had not been yet. It just feels like the range on this proc is huge sometimes, but not always, as I have also noticed it go off fairly close 8-10m away and was not affected at all on occassion.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

Um, I see your point, and it may be valid. But, but, but....the lag is here to stay.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the counters you mention would work then there would be no issue. But today a good amount of my deaths in battlegrounds happened because this set pulled me into some aoes during my dodgeroll.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    nothing on it needs nerfed, it is the only thing stopping zergs.
    zenimax please do not remove nor alter the set. it is perfect zerg stopper.

I disagree, because those same zergs are spamming abilities to proc Dark Convergence. The floor is lava from all the aoes and currently the winner of a battle is determined by which group has the most people running Dark Convergence.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Set pulls you in. AND immobilizes? AND stuns? AND stacks? AND damages? AND only has a 20 second cooldown? AND YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO STOP ZERGS? 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣
  • Saepio
    Saepio
    ✭✭✭
    The new PvP sets are the best thing ZOS has done in years, don't change a thing!
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new PvP sets will lead to decreased server performance. The calculations that are required to support any one of these new sets is in a word, extreme. Put that together with already heavily restricted server capacity to support PvP, and it seems like a guarantee of continued poor performance and massive lag issues.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on August 31, 2021 11:04AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the set is working perfectly, and very easy to counter, yu have 4s to move out of it, there is a very clear visual on the ground.
    this set has levelled the playing field against tower campers and ball groups. and they seem to be the only ones QQing
    best thing to happen to PVP in a long time
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence is the noob tube of ESO.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the set is working perfectly, and very easy to counter, yu have 4s to move out of it, there is a very clear visual on the ground.
    this set has levelled the playing field against tower campers and ball groups. and they seem to be the only ones QQing

Actually, the ones QQing are the zerglings who are getting rolled by the ball groups using it. Which was exactly why the set was implemented according to the patch notes... "Pesky zerg sitting on your keep or resource flag? Send them to the void by pairing this set with some hard CC and immobilizes."
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭

saying "just move out of it" when the entire **** battlefield is covered in them has the same energy as [snip] saying people will just sell their beachfront properties when oceans rise.

MOVE TO WHERE, ALIEN?

[edited to remove real world politics]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 1, 2021 1:09PM
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete cyro
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got caught by this set about 300-400 times. Haven't died once.

Hrothgar on the other hand..
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

In BGS this set in managable, in open world in a 4 to 6 man, getting chased down by a zerg all wearing DC, you get ping ponged, and often get desynced...Your character just stands still despite full stam, you can't cast or anything. idc about the damage, but the desyncs of it is out of control.

The only people I see on these forums that love these sets are solo players that run with zergs, and zerg down 1 person.
    Edited by Hexquisite on September 3, 2021 7:11AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So now it needs a nerf!

Actually, the ones QQing are the zerglings who are getting rolled by the ball groups using it. Which was exactly why the set was implemented according to the patch notes... "Pesky zerg sitting on your keep or resource flag? Send them to the void by pairing this set with some hard CC and immobilizes."

Nearly all the forum names I have seen complaining about the set are ball group players. And yes I know because I do play on PC NA and EU.

Edited other baiting part of comment ;)
    Edited by ResidentContrarian on September 2, 2021 10:51AM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's s pure toxic set. Pulling and positional displacement is just a toxic mechanic. And the fact everyone is now using the set means you just get pulled around a keep or area on cc cooldown. And adding to that, the lag, means that you get pulled and then cannot do anything for 1 or 2 seconds but just stand there.

Also the fact it can pull you off of walls, through walls and where ever else is just plain stupid. What a stupid idea for a set really. Really amazing.

Just goes to show this game needs better pvp and combat developers.
    Edited by NotTaylorSwift on September 2, 2021 6:40PM