The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House Dufort Style cooldown?

• patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any duplicates, at least not yet, but I don't know whether they're curated or not.

Not curated, I got 3 pages so far and all 3 the same . 1 from a flag boss and 2 from upstairs.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm seeing is that after I get one of the new pages, all I get after that are the old pages, even if I got the new page shortly before the daily reset, which possibly suggests it's based on a 20-hour or similar cooldown rather than on the daily reset. But this is by no means proof, just my own experience so far.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something seems very wrong with these drops, so far I have only gotten one dufort drop every two days(three total). And I waited atleast 24h after the previous dufort drop each time, even though the regular drop interval during other events is only 20h. Not sure if this is bugged, or if I am just extremely unlucky.

Personally I feel all event style pages should drop from the boxes. Having to wander around the most annoying zone in the game to randomly encounter bosses while getting killed by enemy players, is no fun. And all that effort for a only a random drop chance.

PS: Have gotten like 7-8 of the other style pages.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten any duplicates, at least not yet, but I don't know whether they're curated or not.

Not curated, I got 3 pages so far and all 3 the same . 1 from a flag boss and 2 from upstairs.

So to confirm, you had unlocked that motif page and still continued to get it, correct?
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Something seems very wrong with these drops, so far I have only gotten one dufort drop every two days(three total). And I waited atleast 24h after the previous dufort drop each time, even though the regular drop interval during other events is only 20h. Not sure if this is bugged, or if I am just extremely unlucky.

Personally I feel all event style pages should drop from the boxes. Having to wander around the most annoying zone in the game to randomly encounter bosses while getting killed by enemy players, is no fun. And all that effort for a only a random drop chance.

Yeah I've had drop rate issues on this one as well. Was well outside the 24hr window when I started last night at around 11pm EST, killed 20+ sewer bosses and a dozen IC bosses and got nada, was almost 2 hours after the reset 3:40am EST when I finally got one. During that same period had 3 people get 2 of them. So I do believe there is a timer and it is weghted, but the golden period when you should get one easily still seems low.

I've had similar issues with the steadfast motif in High Isle, I've often had to open 10+ boxes for one despite waiting 20+ hours and waiting for server reset.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During my play on two accounts I have found the twenty hour timer theory seems to be accurate.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 20-hour cooldown seemed to fit my experience, too.

However, last night I got a new style page, and this morning-- 12 hours or less later-- I got another new style page.

I don't remember for sure if the one I got last night was before or after the daily reset, but I think it was shortly before reset.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been two days since I got one. Gave up trying last night.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, last night I got a new style page, and this morning-- 12 hours or less later-- I got another new style page.

I don't remember for sure if the one I got last night was before or after the daily reset, but I think it was shortly before reset.

The reset time seems to be overnight, probably 4:00am. So you should be possible to get two Dufort drops within as little as a matter of seconds as long the timer just reset.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »

The reset time seems to be overnight, probably 4:00am. So you should be possible to get two Dufort drops within as little as a matter of seconds as long the timer just reset.

I'm pretty certain the reset is at the same time that crafting writs reset and the imperial city quests reset. I've been messing with the timing to see what I can get when, and I'm almost certain it's a daily reset time, not on a timer.

So, keep this in mind going forward. This is going to be the norm most likely for any new style pages for events.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »

I'm pretty certain the reset is at the same time that crafting writs reset and the imperial city quests reset. I've been messing with the timing to see what I can get when, and I'm almost certain it's a daily reset time, not on a timer.

So, keep this in mind going forward. This is going to be the norm most likely for any new style pages for events.

I wish someone could officially confirm when it is, even better that this information would be in the news posting when describing how to get the drops.

Edited by jlmurra2 on August 3, 2022 5:07PM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be the new standard with outfit styles dropping in events. Zenithars event was the same. Youd only get an outfit drop once a day.

False. I farmed both drake and House D in one day /wihtout 3 pieces i got from festival vendor/
    I even have double drop from IC boss / e garden or temple, cant recal.
    Also sewers bosses have a decent chance to drop both motifs.
    Things get even easier if you farm M Bal with small grp.
    If there are lots of ppl and your dmg is low, your % to get motif is very low.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    They don't drop in the boxes, at all. They only drop when you kill a boss in an IC district or the IC sewers.

I think people often forget that the normal sewer bosses drop pages as well. You can just camp the one closest to your alliance base, and not be bothered with PVP most of the time.

Topside is more fun, tho.

The vamprire boss near EP base is great to camp.
    When he respawn he make that bat swarm noices, so you can easily hear him, while watching youtube video :3
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all my pages by farming the DC crossed-swords sewer bosses, usually solo. I would sometimes go for hours without any drops, then finally get one. It seemed like once I got a new page, I'd suddenly start to get the old pages, as if they won't drop until after you get a new page-- but I imagine that was just RNG being strange, because on at least one day I got an old page, then nothing for a while, then finally got a new page.

On PC NA I'll be able to buy the remaining pages-- 3 of them-- with tickets, so I've pretty much stopped farming sewer bosses and have switched to farming AP in Cyrodiil by doing scouting and resource missions, and running with ball groups to capture keeps, which has been a lot of fun.

On PC EU I'm still 1 page short of my goal, although I do have a duplicate page plus several of the old pages that I found, so I can either trade for a new page and then buy the remaining 3 pages with tickets, or keep farming sewer bosses until I find a page I don't already have. I think I might keep farming bosses, at least for another day or so, because I'm enjoying it. And my PC EU main doesn't hold up in Cyrodiil quite as well as my PC NA main does.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Could you confirm this for us? It's not fun farming for something when it has no chance to drop.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed for 3-4 hours on Monday night before finally getting a Dufort page. I farmed for well over 4 hours last night before giving up. I guess this is just a another way to get people to buy Event Tickets in order to get all of the event goodies.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I mentioned this before, but when I farmed for 3+ hours and got nothing-- neither new nor old pages-- I went to a different IC campaign and got a page almost right away. So you might try that if nothing seems to be dropping. It was most likely just coincidence, but you never know!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killed like 15 molag's got 2
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tp clarify when people are talking about timers, it is actually about drop weighting.

So once a day, you have a high probability of getting the motif, say 95% but after you get one, those odds drop to maybe 1-5%.

So you can get more than one in a day, but it is highly unlikely.

That said, I've killed a dozen bosses in the sewers and gotten jack, last one I got was yesterday around midnight...and servers just reset. Maybe next kill.

Where are you getting this information from?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have just had 2 different sources in one of my guilds say they are farming them atm and there is no cooldown!

They did say some people are way luckier than others though!

I have asked those who have had multiple drops to post here, hopefully they will as I cannot confirm this personally. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I have just had 2 different sources in one of my guilds say they are farming them atm and there is no cooldown!

I have asked those who have had multiple drops to post here, hopefully they will as I cannot confirm this personally. :)

They are probably confusing the House Dufort style pages, which do appear limited to one per day, and the Black Drake Clanwrap style pages, which are not limited. Both drop from the same bosses, but I've farmed dozens of the Black Drake pages and have consistently gotten only one Dufort per reset.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 5, 2022 6:32PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

Same here. Just got my second House Dufort last night after three days (three days for me is only a few hours total) and it was a duplicate of the helm I bought the other day, which I bought because I wasn't finding any drops and was hoping it was curated. Guess not.

I did find a few of the other style which I'm not interested in. I don't even know it's name, I just know I found more of them than Dufort.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

They are probably confusing the House Dufort style pages, which do appear limited to one per day, and the Black Drake Clanwrap style pages, which are not limited. Both drop from the same bosses, but I've farmed dozens of the Black Drake pages and have consistently gotten only one Dufort per reset.

No the conversation was specifically about House Dufort! They linked them in chat! 😃

Edit:- To add context I was the person doubting them, pointing them to this thread and saying it must be the other style page they were getting, they assured me it was not. They may have been lying or confused, or possibly straddling a reset time but in the case of the group and multiple people getting more than one, it's unlikely.
    Edited by freespirit on August 6, 2022 1:09PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve also had a friend drop two pages after the morning reset, and inside of a few hours - so inside the 20h window.

My current working hypothesis is a dynamic drop rate that approaches a maximum over time and drops to a minimum after a page drop - but never to zero.

So for example:
    - drop rate 25%
    - drops to 1% after drop
    - in creases over time to max out at 25% after 20h

(numbers just an example, obviously cannot estimate the numbers accurately with so little data.)
    Edited by spoqster on August 6, 2022 3:04PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

How the hell is this players helping players? We want answers from ZOS. Unless this category is actually named "Players guess with other players" it doesn't fit.

@ZOS_Kevin Don't really like overly poking you, but when a thread finally get a ZOS response and it's just a mod pointlessly moving a thread it's quite frustrating. We want answers, not guessing with eachother.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!