The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

House Dufort Style cooldown?

Mizael
Mizael
✭✭✭✭
Hi, from farming bosses so far, I've dropped only one page per day of House Dufort and kept having tons of black drake... anyone else noticed this? I am starting to think there is an hidden cooldown.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 7, 2022 3:17AM
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the same experience so far. I assumed it was just RNG. I am interested to learn which it is.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only killed 5 bosses so far-- 2 yesterday, 3 today-- and got 1 page today. I guess that means I can stop worrying about killing more bosses today? :(
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I've only killed 5 bosses so far-- 2 yesterday, 3 today-- and got 1 page today. I guess that means I can stop worrying about killing more bosses today? :(

Think so but need more to confirm this :/

• Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be the new standard with outfit styles dropping in events. Zenithars event was the same. Youd only get an outfit drop once a day.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a chance to drop. On top of that, there are 2 different motifs that can drop so you need to hit the chance and then hit the new motif. You're supposed to farm, it isn't supposed to be handed to you in an hour of gameplay.
    uwu
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed about 60 bosses in Imp City yesterday, got one Dufort from the first boss and then just a few Blackdrake. Farmed today, after not having killed any bosses after reset, and got another about 3 bosses in. Killed a total of about 20 bosses this morning and still only one Dufort. So I'm going to say there's either a cooldown based on reset or the RNG is horrible.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to have no cooldown! My own RNG has been horrible but I know several players who played roughly an hour yesterday and got several pages, for two players almost the entire set dropped in that time.
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »
    I killed about 60 bosses in Imp City yesterday, got one Dufort from the first boss and then just a few Blackdrake. Farmed today, after not having killed any bosses after reset, and got another about 3 bosses in. Killed a total of about 20 bosses this morning and still only one Dufort. So I'm going to say there's either a cooldown based on reset or the RNG is horrible.

Same from me, today killed 3 bosses and got one page already, won't try killing more as it seems a waste of time
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Can you maybe give us an Insight if we are guessing right or not? Would be appriciated, thanks ^^
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also trying to get this Dufort style motif. Could you tell which bosses drop it? I killed a bunch of bosses in the sewers, including a patrolling boss, no motif of any kind.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I am also trying to get this Dufort style motif. Could you tell which bosses drop it? I killed a bunch of bosses in the sewers, including a patrolling boss, no motif of any kind.

I've gotten mine from the crossed-swords bosses in the sewers. Just keep killing those and eventually you should get a page.
  • danielpang32
    danielpang32
    ✭✭
    petty sure there is a 20 hours lock, just like the boxes from daily.

I set a timer myself when i got one yesterday. never got one after.

Today, when the timer is finish i just got mine second house defort page.

Just like most hidden time gate in this game if someone made it up and wild spread, they will jump out and say no.

They dont response whether it is a time gate coz they dont want to admit which cost them to lost average player number per hour
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    petty sure there is a 20 hours lock, just like the boxes from daily.

I set a timer myself when i got one yesterday. never got one after.

Today, when the timer is finish i just got mine second house defort page.

Just like most hidden time gate in this game if someone made it up and wild spread, they will jump out and say no.

They dont response whether it is a time gate coz they dont want to admit which cost them to lost average player number per hour

Yeah I think it's the case, got one this morning asap since 20h cd passed already
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely on a daily reset.

I got one last night around 7:30 pm then got another this morning around 9 am.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely seems to be on a daily reset. I've gotten a dozen or so Black Drake style pages since getting my first House Dufort page earlier today, and nobody else in the farm group has gotten more than one House Dufort in a day either.

Looks like ZOS put these pages on a daily reset for sure to me. .......so lame. Can only get 1 page/day.

Edited by EdmondDontes on July 30, 2022 6:55PM
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    So 1 page per day on daily reset. Can't farm it then.
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I've gotten all 3 of mine(1 per day still no matter how much I farm) from bosses in the city, not in the sewers. Seems to drop from any of them. I just go to a campaign where my faction is dominant and ask in zone chat for a boss group and farm until I get one.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got two last night in the same IC run, so it's not a 20-hour cooldown. I didn't check whether they were once/reset, but I'm only 95% sure my whole run was within the same reset.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mizael wrote: »

Oh well, veteran bags next year :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so, after getting one page, I didn't get any more on the same day, though I did drop a couple from the past styles, so it's probably tied to a cooldown.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely seems to be on a daily reset. I've gotten a dozen or so Black Drake style pages since getting my first House Dufort page earlier today, and nobody else in the farm group has gotten more than one House Dufort in a day either.

Looks like ZOS put these pages on a daily reset for sure to me. .......so lame. Can only get 1 page/day.

From their perspective they dont want you grinding out the outfit styles in 2 or so days and then jumping ship to do other things/not log in. The events are meant to drive engagement/purchases in the store. So they time-gate these drops because they are the most sought after items in the event store. This drives you to return everyday OR pressures you to take the short cut of purchasing the crown store tickets you need to cover the difference. Ultimately they would like you to buy the tickets but if they cant get conversion out of you theyll at least make you work for that item.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am steadily getting the 1 Page each day on each account and several of the other style pages. However as of today any level 30 or below char I am getting NO pages. Starting to think I am bugged or something. And no it's not an issue I am not doing enough damage as I am simply soloing the easy bosses in the sewers. Well one boss in particular as he/she is easier than the others. However as I said my level 30 and below char's are not getting any pages.........10+ kills anyway.

Edit - NM, finally got one, complaining always seems to work lol.
    Edited by Paulytnz on August 1, 2022 1:59AM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I’d like to know is if the drops are curated or if specific pieces drop from specific bosses Because if you’re limited to 1 a day the odds of completing the style yourself is very slim and on Xbox at least it seems like people are not wanting to trade pieces. It’s been a mess.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Mizael wrote: »

Oh well, veteran bags next year :)

Judging by how many Black Drake pages I have crowding my inventory now, you'll probably be able to get Dufort pages for a pittance during the next event in 6 months.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten any duplicates, at least not yet, but I don't know whether they're curated or not.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't killed any bosses, but I have gotten some boxes and haven't seen a single one, of any kind.

Rather disappointing. Kind of like ZOS only knows way too much or way too little for drop rates. (Spider parts anyone?)

How about a nice point between those ends?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't drop in the boxes, at all. They only drop when you kill a boss in an IC district or the IC sewers.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't drop in the boxes, at all. They only drop when you kill a boss in an IC district or the IC sewers.

I think people often forget that the normal sewer bosses drop pages as well. You can just camp the one closest to your alliance base, and not be bothered with PVP most of the time.

Topside is more fun, tho.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I think people often forget that the normal sewer bosses drop pages as well. You can just camp the one closest to your alliance base, and not be bothered with PVP most of the time.

Topside is more fun, tho.

I've generally been grinding all four normal bosses in my alliance's third of the sewers.

The two closest to base are near sewer grates, so they might be easier to reach by taking the grate down from the appropriate district if there are enemy gankers camping the area near your base. As for camping out at the closest boss and waiting for it to respawn, I think enemy players might expect people to do that, so they tend to lurk in the areas nearby.

The two closest to the center of the sewers don't have any sewer grates near them, so you'll need to make your way through the sewers to reach them. That means you risk running into enemy players who are moving outward from the center. I haven't run into any enemy players that way-- yet-- but if you're wanting to join a group and do a boss run through the enemy sections of the sewers then you'll usually be going to the center to fight Molag Bal, then heading outward from there, so keep in mind that the enemy will occasionally be doing the same.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tp clarify when people are talking about timers, it is actually about drop weighting.

So once a day, you have a high probability of getting the motif, say 95% but after you get one, those odds drop to maybe 1-5%.

So you can get more than one in a day, but it is highly unlikely.

That said, I've killed a dozen bosses in the sewers and gotten jack, last one I got was yesterday around midnight...and servers just reset. Maybe next kill.

--- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com