The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Fix the Daggerfall Paladin Costume

TheGamerSeal
TheGamerSeal
✭✭✭
The default color scheme is awful.
  • "Rather than offering you the illusion of valued feedback, we have taken the liberty of doing what we think is best anyway." -- Anonymous
  • "I should have known the gankblades were plotting to take over!" -- Anonymous
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole costume is... let's say, not their best design :)

It brings nothing new, we already have 3 Breton knight costumes, and this one can be copied using existing Breton motifs.
    The costume follows the same style with floating hip flaps and crotch flap, we have a ton of those, please bring something different, on a new 3D mesh. The Dufort outfit is much, much better.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then dye it? Petty sure dye are made exactly for that
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some costumes don't dye very well so I was wondering if this one actually looked good when dyed. Anyone do it yet and have photos?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some costumes don't dye very well so I was wondering if this one actually looked good when dyed. Anyone do it yet and have photos?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/612476/someone-should-have-said-it-the-daggerfall-paladin-costume-is-terrible

There's at least one in that thread somewhere.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is it is a costume, and not an outfit motif. That means, in order to dye it you either need active ESO+ subscription or buy some dye kit with preset colours from the crown store.

Bottom line: You have an event reward cosmetic item, that is a "reward" for participating in long, multiple events, but in order for the reward cosmetic to serve its purpose and actually be decent in what it is suppose to do (look good) - on top of everything you did, you still need to spend RL cash on it. Kinda bad move on ZOS end tbh.
  • TheGamerSeal
    TheGamerSeal
    ✭✭✭
    While I do have my regrets about the short and simplistic nature of my initial post, I still believe it conveys the message that needs to be said - Tommy_The_Gun absolutely nailed the same sentiment, but with more words.

The default color scheme for any costume in this game should not be an ungodly mixture of vibrant and wild colors. Take the Siegemaster's Uniform for example; the costume looks SPOT ON - it almost looks like a snowtrooper from Star Wars, and you could dye it to look like that if you wanted - but one of the default colors for the uniform is... ORANGE. Orange! Why orange? I don't want to have to subscribe, or pay crowns - or even pay seals of endeavor! - to make the costume look normal! So it's just going to sit there in my collection menu, most likely forever unused - and the same thing's going to happen to this Wal-Mart "Great Value" version of Iron Man's suit.

Color neutrality needs to be primary. Grays, tans, browns... natural colors!
    • "Rather than offering you the illusion of valued feedback, we have taken the liberty of doing what we think is best anyway." -- Anonymous
    • "I should have known the gankblades were plotting to take over!" -- Anonymous