The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A hard look at NB invisibility and why I believe it requires a cool-down.

• MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »
    No thank you.

Lol. This post is ancient.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

Got me. Grrr arrrgh
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

Got me. Grrr arrrgh

Haha. To be fair I’ve changed my mind on this. It would be interesting if one morph had a CD but offered cleanse and extra effects to skills when used out of stealth to compensate. Dark Cloak could be combined with Blur.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

Got me. Grrr arrrgh

Haha. To be fair I’ve changed my mind on this. It would be interesting if one morph had a CD but offered cleanse and extra effects to skills when used out of stealth to compensate. Dark Cloak could be combined with Blur.

The problem with any substantive changes to cloak is they'd have to change a big chunk of NB's kit to compensate. They never just give, they only give and take.

And it's never a good thing when they change a bunch of our kit. Never.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

Got me. Grrr arrrgh

The problem with any substantive changes to cloak is they'd have to change a big chunk of NB's kit to compensate. They never just give, they only give and take.

And it's never a good thing when they change a bunch of our kit. Never.

I’m not sure I agree. If you mean that ends up not being good, then sure. That’s different to potential good.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Better add an unblockable stun on cast so it will be at least in line with others :D
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do.

1. Combine Dark Cloak and Blur. Dark Cloak renamed to Shadow Form and it being baseline and the Blur morphs added to it. Put this in Shadow Line.

2. Keep Shadow Cloak and Shadowy Disguise the same, but put them in Assassin line in place of defunct Blur.

3. Create a new morph in place of Dark Cloak that does following:

Assassin’s Cloak:

Activate to remove all negative status effects and prevent yourself from being revealed for 2 seconds. Cloak is now permanent until broken and you can now sprint while cloaked. Once stealth is broken, this morph is put on a 4 second cool-down.

• Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do.

1. Combine Dark Cloak and Blur. Dark Cloak renamed to Shadow Form and it being baseline and the Blur morphs added to it. Put this in Shadow Line.

H-how will the heal work? And the duration of the skill? Will we be forced to choose between a heal and the mitigation? If we do keep the heal, will the blur side be forced to be a mere 5 seconds? Not to mention the cost and how overloaded it would be. This idea honestly sounds terrible.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do.

H-how will the heal work? And the duration of the skill? Will we be forced to choose between a heal and the mitigation? If we do keep the heal, will the blur side be forced to be a mere 5 seconds? Not to mention the cost and how overloaded it would be. This idea honestly sounds terrible.

Lol. Why is it over loaded? Just have the entire thing last 8 seconds. Blur is a redundant skill anyway in the face of the vastly superior Medium Armor skill.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do.

Lol. Why is it over loaded? Just have the entire thing last 8 seconds. Blur is a redundant skill anyway in the face of the vastly superior Medium Armor skill.

So... you want a skill that is the combined of Dark Cloak and Blur? Meaning you want it to have... Minor Protection, Minor Resolve, Minor Evasion, and a Health Based heal in addition to proccing Major Resolve per cast when changed to a Shadow Skill? Not to mention the extra effect the skill gets in PTS. And you want to say "why"? That is a terrible idea for balance. That's why too many effects for one skill. Not to mention the duration for the buff. 8 secs is way too short for a Resolve buff. I even hate the shadow passive which grants major for the same reason. Adding so much to one skill is not a good idea. It's a reason I'm hoping for the Templar Jabs changes to say due to how powerful it is on live with it's myriad of extra effects. As for blur? I... what? I don't understand how Blur is superior but okay. Sure it's good but I wouldn't say better.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do.

So... you want a skill that is the combined of Dark Cloak and Blur? Meaning you want it to have... Minor Protection, Minor Resolve, Minor Evasion, and a Health Based heal in addition to proccing Major Resolve per cast when changed to a Shadow Skill? Not to mention the extra effect the skill gets in PTS. And you want to say "why"? That is a terrible idea for balance. That's why too many effects for one skill. Not to mention the duration for the buff. 8 secs is way too short for a Resolve buff. I even hate the shadow passive which grants major for the same reason. Adding so much to one skill is not a good idea. It's a reason I'm hoping for the Templar Jabs changes to say due to how powerful it is on live with it's myriad of extra effects. As for blur? I... what? I don't understand how Blur is superior but okay. Sure it's good but I wouldn't say better.

I never said Blur was superior. I said the Medium Armor skill was superior. As for what effects would transfer over, I wasn’t suggesting all of them. And I agree on the Major Resolve Passive. It should be available on a skill.

I would do this:

Shadow Form:

Transform into a shadowy version of yourself and gain Major Resolve for 20 seconds. Activating this ability will cause you to heal for X Max Health every second for 6 seconds.

Morph 1: Umbral Protection:

Also, gain Minor Protection for the duration.

Morph 2: Phase Shroud:

Also, gain Major Evasion for the duration.

As for Minor Resolve I would have that as the Passive bonus instead. I would even argue putting Minor Expedition on the former suggested Shadow Cloak and morphs while you are in stealth.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on July 31, 2022 10:24PM
  • Kerres
    Kerres
    Soul Shriven
    When I see posts like that i think people want just nightblade to be deleted xD change it to Brawlblade, delete cloak and call it a day. Most NBs without cloak have no chance to do anything at all.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it alone. Some of us rely on it to avoid being seen to complete event quests. As a mag nb keeping it up is only sustainable if running witch mothers. And groups that know what they’re doing will still reveal u and kill you.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerres wrote: »
    When I see posts like that i think people want just nightblade to be deleted xD change it to Brawlblade, delete cloak and call it a day. Most NBs without cloak have no chance to do anything at all.

??? No where does it suggest removing it. If anything, I am suggesting cloak get buffed.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on August 1, 2022 6:07AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the solution to shadowy disguise is just to give it a ramping cost increase, like streak or dodge roll have.

It seems inconsistent when you think about it. Streak has the ramping cost to prevent people from being able to endlessly create distance and thus avoid damage. Dodge roll has ramping cost to avoid people being able to roll between nearly every cast, resulting them in having super high uptime on the "I-frames".

Why doesn't shadowy disguise, which allows you to negate all direct damage/cause your opponent to be unable to track you/remove your opponent's ability to heavy attack you for resources, have a ramping cost as well?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    I think the solution to shadowy disguise is just to give it a ramping cost increase, like streak or dodge roll have.

It seems inconsistent when you think about it. Streak has the ramping cost to prevent people from being able to endlessly create distance and thus avoid damage. Dodge roll has ramping cost to avoid people being able to roll between nearly every cast, resulting them in having super high uptime on the "I-frames".

Why doesn't shadowy disguise, which allows you to negate all direct damage/cause your opponent to be unable to track you/remove your opponent's ability to heavy attack you for resources, have a ramping cost as well?

Becuase one is a universal defensive mechanic available to everyone in the game that doesnt have a real time counter, and the other is a class specific, build enabling utility that occupies a spot on the hotbar, that has universally available
    real time counters.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old post Shadowy Disguise is fine.