The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1 skill parse - 73K

Kusto
Kusto
✭✭✭✭✭
Alot of people are worried about their dps next patch. In almost every thread you see someone mentioning how much dps they lost and that they will be locked out from some content. Im talking about mid and low tier players. Many say they dropped from 60k live to 40k on pts for example and can no longer get into vet trials and some from 40k to 25k and worry they will get kicked from vet dlc dungeons etc. I main frost Warden, not even close to meta build, but I dropped from 90k to 75k. And that 75k is a real pain to achieve thanks to shalks change and nothing lines up timer wise. I also pull 80k with my magblade after getting sweaty due to more complicated rotation. But then I did 1 skill parse with ONLY rapid strikes and LA weave and got 73k, [snip] I also missed a ton of LAs coz pts is always so damn laggy.

kno6dtthsr8f.png
b9lg7en0a3s9.png

I only used ulti for sustain, and Dawnbreaker because its not as good as the Standard.
Why would anyone get sweaty and try to use some complex rotation when you can just spam 1 skill and get the same result? This is so OP and unbalanced. Maybe this is their way to raise to floor because anyone can hit 1 button. No one can say they cant meet the trial requirements now. Most beginner friendly and chill guilds only ask for 60k. Yes I know that the dummy got buffed on pts vs live but even if you factor that in its still solid 60k parse. And Zos already mentioned yesterday that they will reduce dungeon and trial bosses and elite adds HP on vet. So the 60k trial requirement should still remain and not increase after the patch.
Im aware that many people, especially the floor, cant LA weave. So I did another parse without weaving and even ulti. Had to do few heavy attacks when ran out of resources.
Still got 60k by only spamming 1 button lol. I replaced Rele for Deadly strike.
wv4kluj0t1sg.png

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2022 5:26PM
  • Aquelarre
    Aquelarre
    Amazing.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just continue to prove that power was ripped out of proper rotations and moved to Rapid Strikes and that one stamNB spammable. Your proc sets alone are contributing close to 20% of total damage done because proc sets are one of the few things that weren't nerfed in this patch. People already said it in the many Templar and Sorc threads - everyone who plays a gutted class has to respec into a Flurry-spamming stamina character.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Alot of people are worried about their dps next patch. In almost every thread you see someone mentioning how much dps they lost and that they will be locked out from some content. Im talking about mid and low tier players. Many say they dropped from 60k live to 40k on pts for example and can no longer get into vet trials and some from 40k to 25k and worry they will get kicked from vet dlc dungeons etc. I main frost Warden, not even close to meta build, but I dropped from 90k to 75k. And that 75k is a real pain to achieve thanks to shalks change and nothing lines up timer wise. I also pull 80k with my magblade after getting sweaty due to more complicated rotation. But then I did 1 skill parse with ONLY rapid strikes and LA weave and got 73k, [snip] I also missed a ton of LAs coz pts is always so damn laggy.

kno6dtthsr8f.png
    b9lg7en0a3s9.png

I only used ulti for sustain, and Dawnbreaker because its not as good as the Standard.
    Why would anyone get sweaty and try to use some complex rotation when you can just spam 1 skill and get the same result? This is so OP and unbalanced. Maybe this is their way to raise to floor because anyone can hit 1 button. No one can say they cant meet the trial requirements now. Most beginner friendly and chill guilds only ask for 60k. Yes I know that the dummy got buffed on pts vs live but even if you factor that in its still solid 60k parse. And Zos already mentioned yesterday that they will reduce dungeon and trial bosses and elite adds HP on vet. So the 60k trial requirement should still remain and not increase after the patch.
    Im aware that many people, especially the floor, cant LA weave. So I did another parse without weaving and even ulti. Had to do few heavy attacks when ran out of resources.
    Still got 60k by only spamming 1 button lol. I replaced Rele for Deadly strike.
    wv4kluj0t1sg.png

Idk what trials you been in, all i see that do vet content ask for 100k min, parse from cmetrics, addons installed etc

New rapid stcries is not used in pvp, theres no issue on the skill doing decent dmg.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2022 5:27PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note metrics are missing the skewed data presented by zos in pts you will need to remove at minimum 12.5% to get closer to what you'd be in live. In your case that'd leave you closer to 65k on a good day. Not enough for majority of content..jabs at one point did 95k with it alone on live.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So also mentioning that then removing ~20% for the proc sets as would leave you at about 53k then you were LA weaving which was the point of contention in this patch from zos so those who can't weave could do better damage. Stared goal, not executed. You then drop to 48k, we will ignore that you also really used two skills, because sorry to remind you. But, ultimates ARE skills.
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    ...proc sets are one of the few things that weren't nerfed in this patch...

shhhhhhhhh......shhhhhhh... Don't give them any ideas. ;)

• pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that will be awesome in portal on vCR+3, thanks, that fixed everything.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Styxius wrote: »
    Side note metrics are missing the skewed data presented by zos in pts you will need to remove at minimum 12.5% to get closer to what you'd be in live. In your case that'd leave you closer to 65k on a good day. Not enough for majority of content..jabs at one point did 95k with it alone on live.
    Yeah I recall jabs spam parsing was pretty high. You can hit the 60’s on a live dummy with a lot of spammables like lethal arrow, wrecking blow
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No 21 mil parse means anything to me after the crazy buffs those dummies got to mask damage loss.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using 1 button for an entire fight... yup, thats for sure looks fun.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this doesn’t clearly illustrate how trivial the DOT changes are I don’t know what does. They should be reverted.

Also, could someone post a parse using just surprise attack? I don’t make PvE builds or I would.
    Edited by MentalxHammer on July 30, 2022 4:58PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice, 40k dps with just rapid strikes. You are using Relequen, which the average player doesn't have access to. Pillars is fine, since that's a set that most people can get. Though you're still using the trial dummy, your DPS is actually around 64k, taking into account the buffs to the trial dummy. Gotta be comparable to live. If you wanted even more damage, you'd put Thaumaturgy on your bar to make it seem like you're doing even more damage. Rapid Stikes is currently getting the benefits of that in the PTS, too. But ZoS is aware of that so it'll probably be gone on monday.
    Edited by merpins on July 30, 2022 6:54PM
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote]

Idk what trials you been in, all i see that do vet content ask for 100k min, parse from cmetrics, addons installed etc

New rapid stcries is not used in pvp, theres no issue on the skill doing decent dmg.

[edited to remove quote][/quote]

I clearly said that beginner friendly and chill guilds ask 60k for trials. And this is for regular vets non HM. No average guild asks for 100k.

So also mentioning that then removing ~20% for the proc sets as would leave you at about 53k then you were LA weaving which was the point of contention in this patch from zos so those who can't weave could do better damage. Stared goal, not executed. You then drop to 48k, we will ignore that you also really used two skills, because sorry to remind you. But, ultimates ARE skills.

Whats wrong with proc sets and why remove them? Are they not allowed in trials or something lol? You sound like this parse is not valid because of these sets. They are currently BiS for many stam builds and used for most parses.

pklemming wrote: »

You didnt read my post. I wanted to show low hitting people, >50, 40, 30k, who currently try to do actual rotation and maybe even weave but still hit low numbers. Those players are not doing vCR+3. Rapid strikes spam is definitely enough in +0 with 2 dps in portal.

No 21 mil parse means anything to me after the crazy buffs those dummies got to mask damage loss.

Dummy only got buffed by 12% or so. If you remove that then its still solid 60k parse. And Zos will be nerfing bosses and elite adds so it will be technically back to 73k

merpins wrote: »
    nice, 40k dps with just rapid strikes. You are using Relequen, which the average player doesn't have access to. Pillars is fine, since that's a set that most people can get. Though you're still using the trial dummy, your DPS is actually around 64k, taking into account the buffs to the trial dummy. Gotta be comparable to live. If you wanted even more damage, you'd put Thaumaturgy on your bar to make it seem like you're doing even more damage. Rapid Stikes is currently getting the benefits of that in the PTS, too. But ZoS is aware of that so it'll probably be gone on monday.

What are you talking about. Normal CR is the most run trial in Craglorn. Its literally spammed 24/7. Just wait 5-10 min and youre in. You dont even need to know mechs or do much dmg.
  • Arwin
    Arwin
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest this does seem to match the ideology of raising the floor. Seems like a success for the stated goal, regardless of whether you agree with the goal or not.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arwin wrote: »
    To be honest this does seem to match the ideology of raising the floor. Seems like a success for the stated goal, regardless of whether you agree with the goal or not.

This already exists on liver servers, just play a Templar and spam jabs to get around 70-80% of max. But they just nerfed jabs and light attacks on this PTS, so I wouldn’t say the floor got raised
  • Rimskjegg
    Rimskjegg
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Certainly demonstrates how OP the new, ugly Flurry is compared to everything else except Empowering Blows and Surprise Attack. In fact I tried something similar to your second parse with just Whip on my StamDK last week and I think I was struggling to hit 40k. Can't recall if I used potions, though. I dismissed pure ability spam as still pointless even for low-DPS players and didn't save the parse.

I have to say though, that first parse bears no resemblance to the "floor". You're using Weapon Power potions, right? Lots of players don't know know or don't want to spend money on those. More importantly, an average weave time of 0.073 with just 10% missed light attacks is fantastic, especially one that has a channel time like Flurry, and on that skill alone, you're down to 0.06. You're clearly much better than me,, and I've broken 100k on both my Sorc and my DK on live. You said you had a sub-meta setup on live? That is the only reason I can guess for why you max out at 95k DPS. With that weaving I don't understand how you don't get a lot more.

I *was* able to get to 69k with Vateshran Daggers on my back bar, however. I swapped every 20 seconds to get Major Brutality so no need for expensive potions. Plus I used the daggers in execute. I missed nearly 37% of my Rapid Strikes and still only got to 0.08 on those Rapid Strikes. No Ultis at all, though I did use both pets (one is the healing one). Deduct the light attacks and we've got 64. (I only have 4 pieces Relequen here.)

jatmqv2jy8t7.png
    zsmlsyq5cew2.png

Your second parse with no light attacks at all is the one that worries me, however. I'd really like to see the info page so I knew how much time was wasted there. Because I tried somethng like that too and I could only get to 57-58 for a short while - when I mashed the Rapid Strikes button as fast as possible. The my hand literally starts hurting and I know I'm on my way to Repetitive Strain Injury. Doing that for a full 2-hour trial? If this is what ZoS expects the "floor" to be doing, then I fear it's a health and safety hazard.

• Rimskjegg
    Rimskjegg
    ✭✭✭
    I should perhaps mention that my DK does 80-88k DPS on the PTS trial dummy so again, 75k max sounds low to me? I guess MagWarden got screwed really bad in week 1-3.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

[edited to remove quote][/quote]

I clearly said that beginner friendly and chill guilds ask 60k for trials. And this is for regular vets non HM. No average guild asks for 100k.

Whats wrong with proc sets and why remove them? Are they not allowed in trials or something lol? You sound like this parse is not valid because of these sets. They are currently BiS for many stam builds and used for most parses.

pklemming wrote: »

You didnt read my post. I wanted to show low hitting people, >50, 40, 30k, who currently try to do actual rotation and maybe even weave but still hit low numbers. Those players are not doing vCR+3. Rapid strikes spam is definitely enough in +0 with 2 dps in portal.

Dummy only got buffed by 12% or so. If you remove that then its still solid 60k parse. And Zos will be nerfing bosses and elite adds so it will be technically back to 73k

merpins wrote: »

What are you talking about. Normal CR is the most run trial in Craglorn. Its literally spammed 24/7. Just wait 5-10 min and youre in. You dont even need to know mechs or do much dmg. [/quote]

Commented on it as it was misleading for your general reader.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    That looks to me like hammering repeatedly on just one finger and noticing that the other fingers do not hurt.
    Maybe after 10' of such a parsing the feeling is just that :)