The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will you use group dungeon finder if the daily rewards are moved to "clear any dungeon in any way?"

• Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i lost so many quest stories doing dungeons. i have no idea what was going on in them because it was always rush rush rush.
    I like going back and trying to solo dungeons so i can learn how they work.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'll use random dungeon group finder regardless.
    Id still use it, for a couple of reasons. Using the group finder gives you a buff. I do vet dungeons and the buff is nice to have.

I like random vets. Of the activities that I normally do, its easily one of my favorites. Sometimes its smooth, others its not. More often it is smooth, but its rarely boring.

As others have stated, at one time we could do something similar. The Undaunted Events were usually a mess because of it. Well, that and historically the GF has been pretty buggy during the events. Some years to the point it wasnt reliable to use at all.

Having done enough Undaunted Events to have seen the problems that caused, ZOS would want to preempt that somehow. Im not sure how they would or could do that.

Assuming that they could, then I dont think its a bad idea. I still wouldnt use it, the crystal treadmill isnt really my thing, but it likely would remove a lot of the fake roles.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'll use random dungeon group finder regardless.
    I'm a tank, so I don't have to worry about fake ones. Queue times are generously short and dungeon finder beats having the trouble to assemble a group on my own (when it's not broken, of course).
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not used the random queue in years other than when a guild mate asks for a group. I do queue for specific dungeons so I get a random group but I get the dungeon I want to run. That means no reward for me but that is fine. The rewards are not what I am after.
    The rewards are there so players like me can fill our groups. Players willing to queue for random help players with a specific goal in mind and it is good they are rewarded for their efforts. Take away the rewards and you take away the reason to queue for a random dungeon.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I won't be using random dungeon group finder.
    XellJarmar wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity.

So long people have been complaining about fake tanks, fake dps, fake healers, or rushing veterans leaving newcomers behind, soloing the dungeons. For the fake role guys, I've seen people jump onto the group queue as fake roles because queueing takes forever as specific role. The rushing veterans, I feel their fatigue, because they've been running the same random normal dungeons over and over and just want to end up with them quickly. But it is certain that the rushing through the dungeon, skipping everything can ruin the newcomers or questers' experience. Worse, I've seen one day, in Wayrest Sewer 2, the whole instance was bugged after beating Malubeth because we burnt the boss too fast even before the npc reached the site. We couldn't proceed past the corridor, so the group disbanded. Later it was found to be tied to quest script.

Long story short, it seems that the problems are pretty much related to the way of acquiring the daily rewards; you have to queue random dungeon group finder to earn the daily rewards, which is MANDATORY. So what if the daily rewards are moved to the first clear of any dungeon in any way? In other words, what if you can earn your rewards even by walking into any dungeon you want, and soloing it? Will you be using random dungeon group finder even with this kind of change? Let me hear what you think.

Long story short, it seems that the problems are..

I'll make short story more "short".

Not less people feel like the dungeon daily is just stressful MANDAROTY.
    Then, make more casual daily for 5 transmute stone reward, yes?

Dragon, Dolman daily is more suitable daily quest for 5 transmute stone.
    Just do it ZOS? Simplest solution.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on July 28, 2022 3:19AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • XellJarmar
    XellJarmar
    ✭✭✭

I'll make short story more "short".

Not less people feel like the dungeon daily is just stressful MANDAROTY.
    Then, make more casual daily for 5 transmute stone reward, yes?

Dragon, Dolman daily is more suitable daily quest for 5 transmute stone.
    Just do it ZOS? Simplest solution.

Sorry if confused you with that part. The mandatory in my context was referring to the fact that you have to use group dungeon finder to earn the dungeon daily rewards such as transmute and bonus exp, and no other way around (you can earn transmute and keys via pledges, but you know what I'm referring to here).

Besides that, I love your opinion about adding similar or less reward to other overland pve contents.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    You know it's funny when the game has a chat box and players like myself use it before rushing to the end. I ask if anyone needs the quest and to stay with me so we can clear fast. I even allow looting and drop ragpicker. If I get no response I just go, and I wait patiently. Look, I place the fire memento down so at least Dark Soul fans will understand what I am doing when ragpicker is dropped.

If you take transmutes out of random dungeons, no one will queue for them. It is bad enough no tanks ever queue that I ended up making several of them to farm transmutes alone. It is worst that ZOS is okay with every new player being a DPS automatically, without showing them how to do damage and they just light attack in a vet. No wonder players rush to the end! They are a fake tank doing 80% of the group's DPS while carl the healer is complaining there is a fake tank! Fake tank!

Fake healers, no one really cares. It's sad because I have an argonian I put love into and he isn't that useful in normal dungeons. DPS is.

Fake DPS, is that a thing? If so, it must be referring to the new players who light attack only.

I was hoping ZOS looked more into the roles of the game and make them more useful, but also not taxing. I think a 1 tank, 3 DPS is 100% needed as a team comp option.
    I just want man flesh.