The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A small request.

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have DoT damage be given another color when it deals critical damage?

Direct damage goes yellow on a crit, maybe DoT damage could go a light purple or scarlet red on crit. It would be nice and not too hard to implement no?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have DoT damage be given another color when it deals critical damage?

Direct damage goes yellow on a crit, maybe DoT damage could go a light purple or scarlet red on crit. It would be nice and not too hard to implement no?

gljbjt1yd5i3.jpg

So Warframe let's you completely customize the Hud Colors and that includes damage number pop ups, I think things like this would be really helpful so people can adjust their hud to be more effective for them.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the setting for damage numbers already does exactly that (normal damage is white, crit damage is yellow with an exclamation point, and DoTs are orange). I can't exactly confirm it's always like thsi since I keep the damage numbers off since me screen is cluttered enough as it is. Now I do see that crit DoTs are the same as normal DoTs, but just adding the exclamation point.
    Settings > Combat > Combat Text
    hmn456jdrxs2.png

Now if you're suggesting making a red AoE vs. an orange AoE, that probably won't work. The AoE itself isn't a 'crit AoE,' it's just an area that does damage. Each tick could be a crit individually, so the same AoE could give both crit and non-crit damage.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the setting for damage numbers already does exactly that (normal damage is white, crit damage is yellow with an exclamation point, and DoTs are orange). I can't exactly confirm it's always like thsi since I keep the damage numbers off since me screen is cluttered enough as it is. Now I do see that crit DoTs are the same as normal DoTs, but just adding the exclamation point.
    Settings > Combat > Combat Text
    hmn456jdrxs2.png

Now if you're suggesting making a red AoE vs. an orange AoE, that probably won't work. The AoE itself isn't a 'crit AoE,' it's just an area that does damage. Each tick could be a crit individually, so the same AoE could give both crit and non-crit damage.

Just talking about the numbers themselves. Exclamation points are ok, would jut be a bit easier to spot if the number of the DoT crit was a different colour or as Stach suggested allow customisation.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The combat text colors and sizes have to do with the damage type. Direct vs. Damage Over Time vs. Crit. I believe the smaller damage text is Direct Damage and larger damage text is Damage Over Time, where as non-crits are white and crits are yellow.