The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

talk to us. Please!

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS ( @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam )

Please talk to us. Pick a streamer, do a stream yourself, do something. Come on camera and please, explain to us what is happening. Too many people have left. Many more are leaving. This request i make from the heart. Please talk to us. Because it seems no one here understands what is happening.

Thank you,

Your Customer.
Edited by washbern on July 29, 2022 5:24PM
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be completely honest, I don't know how it's gonna help. They are determined to push these changes no matter the cost, it seems. The only way to undo the damage (at least partially) at this point is to completely scrap all combat changes, but unfortunately I don't believe they would do that.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you are right, but i can't help and wonder what is the explanation for what they are doing. Yes. The least that can be done at this point would be to scrap 99% of the update and promise to never behave this way again. But it's like making a legally binding contract with a three year old. Besides, the damage has already been done. Those that have fled to FFXIV or whatever the hell, don't think they're coming back.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I feel Princess is correct.

But nevertheless, it's worth stating that Silence is the absolutely wrong move right now.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be completely honest, I don't know how it's gonna help. They are determined to push these changes no matter the cost, it seems. The only way to undo the damage (at least partially) at this point is to completely scrap all combat changes, but unfortunately I don't believe they would do that.

You say that, but there have been more official comments and changes on this issue already than we ever got over the AwA changes when they were on PTS.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did speak to us. Gilliam wrote a response to our feedback about a week ago. It is stickied so should be easy to find. I am not sure what hearing their voices or seeing their faces will add.

I also believe that some people have left. However, the only source of player data we have access to is Steam Charts, and they not only show the same number of players in the past 30 days as it June. More importantly, June numbers, and the past 30 days, are both higher than June and July 2018, which were the last months to compare to the pre-covid surge.

Yes, it would be nice to get more communication. There is no argument there.

• Rimskjegg
    Rimskjegg
    ✭✭✭
    If the changes were put on on hold we could have a constructive discussion about what changes would be for the better and how to implement them. That would be nice. What won't help one bit is more telling us how our feedback is such a mountain to "sift through" that the changes must just be rushed through on schedule anyway.

As for what the devs want, yes it's a bit hard to understand when the changes do exactly the opposite of everything they said they wanted - except two things, which actually make it quite easy to understand. DPS must go down. HPS must go down. By August 22 or preferably yesterday. That is the only priority. Exactly why is anybody's guess. But making everybody learn new, longer, more complicated rotations will be extremely effective at this for the majority of the player base. Though it will of course be less effective for players who spend hours at the dummy every day anyway.

Edit: I hadn't actually seen the latest post by Gina. Looks like someone wants some consistency between aim and implementation after all. Still doesn't affect my point on rotations unless passives and durations get another, more considered overhaul to actually streamline those long sticky DoTs that were supposed to help players focus on the action.

Just please take your time with this. Deeds matter more than words.
    Edited by Rimskjegg on July 29, 2022 8:18PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really want any special one-time chunk of communication.

I'd rather have:
    - timely fixes
    - good quality control
    - combat changes that make sense
    - interesting writing

And they can stay silent and just give us patch notes and quarterly update announcements, for I all care. Maybe surveys. I like surveys.

I mean, there's a fresh post from Gina, which has some good news, but all it makes me think about is
    HOW
    THE
    HECK
    YOU
    DID
    NOT
    THINK
    ABOUT
    IT
    FROM
    THE
    HECKING
    BEGINNING

Don't talk to me, get your stuff together
    Edited by FluffyBird on July 29, 2022 7:47PM
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    They did speak to us. Gilliam wrote a response to our feedback about a week ago. It is stickied so should be easy to find. I am not sure what hearing their voices or seeing their faces will add.

I also believe that some people have left. However, the only source of player data we have access to is Steam Charts, and they not only show the same number of players in the past 30 days as it June. More importantly, June numbers, and the past 30 days, are both higher than June and July 2018, which were the last months to compare to the pre-covid surge.

Yes, it would be nice to get more communication. There is no argument there.

Imo that doesn't count. They say one thing do another. I want them to elaborate on what exactly they are trying to do and why it feels they are doing the complete opposite. We were told that they had a vusion...really doesn't feel that way. Just feels like they are killing the game.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We have another update listed here. And there should be additional commentary in PTS 4 patch notes and pts 5 patch notes.

We are working on more communication as well. We are trying to balance that with giving our teams the time they need to read through feedback and work on implementing changes to roll out in next week's PTS.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We have another update listed here. And there should be additional commentary in PTS 4 patch notes and pts 5 patch notes.

We are working on more communication as well. We are trying to balance that with giving our teams the time they need to read through feedback and work on implementing changes to roll out in next week's PTS.

Nocturnals Ploy robs gold...don't fix it with a cooldown. Remove it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am encouraged by the progress that I have seen over the last couple of weeks.

The OP mentioned streams. I do think it would be cool to have Combat Team devs roll out with community streamer (Nefas, Xynode, etc) during week 1 and run through content on PTS that shows that the world is not ending... or if it is ending, where to stand on high ground until the water recedes. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I am encouraged by the progress that I have seen over the last couple of weeks.

The OP mentioned streams. I do think it would be cool to have Combat Team devs roll out with community streamer (Nefas, Xynode, etc) during week 1 and run through content on PTS that shows that the world is not ending... or if it is ending, where to stand on high ground until the water recedes. :smile:

I can take that feedback to the team for future consideration. Thanks for the context there.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Also, there is additional feedback from @ZOS_Finn. Linked that here as well.
    Staff Post
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    Dear ZOS ( @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam )

Please talk to us. Pick a streamer, do a stream yourself, do something. Come on camera and please, explain to us what is happening. Too many people have left. Many more are leaving. This request i make from the heart. Please talk to us. Because it seems no one here understands what is happening.

Thank you,

Your Customer.

Do not "pick a streamer" please. They will do what they did last time they were rolling out LA/HA changes and hand pick streamers that already are sold on their idea instead of the ones that know the game the best and challenge them. But yes, the talking to us part is needed.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin I appreciate the feedback, but overall there are to many sweeping changes in one patch. How about focusing on LA and HA balance and then down the road work on AOE / DOT changes and then further down the road class changes after all the other items are balanced. It seems really rushed to rebuild so may aspects of combat with minimal testing in one patch. I cannot speak for the entire community, but I would be happy with smaller patches every 4-6 months that focus on one major change instead of rushing everything into one patch without proper testing and planning. There seemed to be many overlooked items with all of these changes that the community pointed out, so that shows it is to large to properly test and plan at this point.

Slow and steady wins the race. This ready, fire aim strategy is not working.
    Edited by Cyber10 on July 29, 2022 8:54PM
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for the reply Kevin. Very much appreciated!
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also appreciate the feedback, it is not easy and often a thankless job.

Understand, for a lot of us, this game was a place to come meet our friends and get away from the whole RL thing.

We don't want big changes, we don't want stress from making new builds we just want to get away from the external stresses, group with our friends and kill things, enmass, as a kind of catharsis.

We come here as a temporary escape from reality, and you broke it. Please stop doing that.

The last two years have been awful for a lot of people. In my case, and many others, that nightmare continues.
    Edited by pklemming on July 30, 2022 1:50AM