The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A plea to ZoS

xFrizbee
xFrizbee
✭✭✭
Being the GM of a guild on Playstation with hundreds of players both in game and on our Discord server, I am still nervous about what's going to happen. I have heard from so many people - friends through several years - that they'll quit with these changes. In all my years of playing this game, I have never seen a patch that had such detrimental effects. Loyal players with thousands of hours logged, paying every month, that make up such an important part of the social fabric of our community - gone. We would host training runs for new players, we would get people their first skins, we would teach mechanics and DPS testing. All this is at stake now for me as I see my friends go. I have an amazing group of 11 players in my core. We aren't the best, but we have GH, IR, vRG HM. Our next prog was going to be Godslayer. It pains me to say that I might have to RIP the core if this patch goes through - losing so many players and not knowing if it will even be possible for us. It's sad - I spend 3 x 2 hrs a week with these people.

The second iteration of U35 is a step in the right direction. But it's not enough. Light attack nerf, dot nerf, class nerfs. It's so disheartening to us who put so much effort in.

I have a passion for this game. I have a commitment to the newer players and love helping. I met my girlfriend through this game. Please think about the consequences here. Stop disrupting communities, friendships, lasting bonds. Please don't make end game inaccessible for all but the top 0.001% on PC.
  • qcell
    qcell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry for your guild.

You're not alone, other groups have the same issue. We gave all the feedback we could, the next 3-6 months will be rebuilding both prog. groups and friendships. And just a few of them write in the forums.

Another one is on the thread Half of my endgame PvE guild will most likely quit the game
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the biggest concern I have with the changes is that the players who do decide they can live with the changes will still face the prospect of having to live with a much smaller community of people to play with, and a developer who clearly did not care enough to listen to their playerbase ahead of the changes being made.

Many people who might be okay with or neutral to the changes themselves are very likely to be impacted by the exodus as it disbands guilds and groups they have been committed to. The impact could be catastrophic and much of the community is rightfully very concerned.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA