The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the bat swarm ultimate cooldown abuse making you spend less time in Cyrodill?

• Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Unless the obviously completely broken vampire mechanic (endless free ultimate spam) is removed, there's no point in going back to Cyrodiil ever again. It's not exactly complicated--PvP is done.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have barely set foot in pvp since experiencing this broken mechanic. Why would I want to play something where I am worth less than someone by like a factor of 20 because I'm not a vampire? Its just stupid.

I did just join a pvp guild in an effort to increase my interest, but I may end up mostly waiting until this is fixed to spend a lot of time in pvp.

So many players that have never touched an Elder Scrolls game think that vampires are supposed to be uber powerful supermonsters like in the movies and tv shows. That is simply not the case...their advantages are supposed to mostly balance with their disadvantages, but someone in the game design department must have watched too much True Blood or something. This is also necessary for a multiplayer game, because allowing some players to be super monsters while the rest are just their fodder is not exactly going to keep non-vamps playing...
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I was really loving playing in Cyrodiil but lately i've just been going in long enough to get my 20 kills. I am pretty sure she was a DK vamp but we had the empress roll through dozens and dozens of players the other night and take keep after keep. It was ridiculous.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, it is not. I enjoy killing vampire players.

I have found that the number of players who complain and troll in Cyrodiil Zone chat has reduced dramatically though.

I'm not clear on if the two are correlated, but the latter certainly makes my time in Cyrodiil more enjoyable.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Then the people abusing it can look for another exploit

You're right in pointing out that MMO's always have exploitable mechanics. The key issue isn't whether they exist -- they will -- but how effectively the devs deal with them.

We'll see.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Libertine
    Libertine
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Samadhi wrote: »
    No, it is not. I enjoy killing vampire players.

I have found that the number of players who complain and troll in Cyrodiil Zone chat has reduced dramatically though.

I'm not clear on if the two are correlated, but the latter certainly makes my time in Cyrodiil more enjoyable.

wow, you're so cool, can i be your friend ?
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ill be honest what makes me spent next to no time in cyrodiil is how boring the pvp is in this game... go there defend that... run back... spare me the waste of time I think ill have fun elsewhere
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I dont play pvp anymore.

Its not only Vampire the whole ultimate spam is broken, you can see also Emperors who wipe a whole castle defence ALONE.

Thats not the pvp I was looking for and loose motivation to do it.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just getting pretty stupid at this point...and with other PvP bugs just not as fun anymore, think they will just keep ignoring PvP
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.

Insta-kill VR players make me (and my friends) not want to play in Cyrodiil.

We spent this weekend trying and I actually didn't see anyone use bat swarm at all, just VR players spamming bash and talons and instakilling everyone.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 1, 2014 7:41PM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    I remember the second day at early acess where PvP was so much fun as we all were around level 20. Now PvP is dominated by all these no-lifers :(
  • eisenheitb16_ESO
    Yes
    I spend less time in Cyrodiil, that's for sure.
    As a main healer, and able to cast Negate Magic, I run with large groups.
    And trust me, I've seen a lot of these bloodsuckers. Some died.
    But that's not 50% of them.