The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the bat swarm ultimate cooldown abuse making you spend less time in Cyrodill?

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks for voting!
Edited by pecheckler on May 1, 2014 12:21AM
End the tedious inventory management game.

Is the bat swarm ultimate cooldown abuse making you spend less time in Cyrodill? 178 votes

Yes
60%
Sobanrophez_ESOrealcaged_ESOKarius_ImaltharShanethedarkUtherixpolarizedphoton_ESOAzarulWolfaenNordJitsuchrisrogers22b14_ESOChiefwilliamsJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOkrees28b14_ESOlimbaughb14_ESOVermalechpechecklerGamePlayer7OberonAryaWythers 107 votes
No
21%
Sykotik_ESOHelspyredahl.lucas_ESOTeargrantsKilandrosSyndyjmossb14_ESOmaholiChairGraveyardSariiasBitz_MaidenhellNemesis7884ruzlb16_ESOGisgocluelessKyubi_3002b16_ESOSamadhiAxeosLadyChaosZershar_Vemod 38 votes
Somewhat
12%
ChampionSheWolfskyprowerb14_ESORamzaBehoulveValnJarnhandDrekorMitrengadusticusub17_ESOGlurinCydoneZargoriusAdernathSkellanCheesyDaedraShinChuckErekreggieleenextlvlsminkiottonePhoenix99 23 votes
No, it's increasing it because i'm the vampire slaughtering armies with super-low cost bat swarm
5%
limeli8grabbintrionb14_ESOMojoXemosElendorXanxarib16_ESOMorthanDarksoulAdwaenythGovalonSaintX 10 votes
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It's not, but it's definitely not something that encourages me or something I look forward to... I just go in the hopes that I can find some battles in which no one is spamming bats.
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    I haven't found one yet, but it surely seems to be boring
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wish the forum wasn't broken and would let me correct the title typo cause i'm goin' full blown OCD right now
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I joined this game largely for the PvP. It's borderline untenable for non-vampires, and I expect ZOS to rectify this quickly.

The epidemic of pink-eye in Cyrodil needs a cure.
    Edited by Snit on May 1, 2014 2:35AM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    No
    you can kill it if just keep your distance, stay close and it can get hard.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    apterous wrote: »

Can't control other players. The ill-informed sheeple not keeping their distance...
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They should only be use some vamp abilities if they transform. Just like werewolves. And why do they have such ultimate, and ww just a loltransformation for 30sec. lolteso...
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, im loading on garlic.
  • Adwaenyth
    Adwaenyth
    No, it's increasing it because i'm the vampire slaughtering armies with super-low cost bat swarm
    The problem is, all vampire abilities are somewhat broken (positive and negative)...

Some of the passives stop working when you die in PvP, cost reduction on two of the three active skills (mist form, bat swarm) resets everytime you zone until your vampire level changes, you don't even know which one was intended and which wasn't...
  • Libertine
    Libertine
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    it actually stopped me from going there alltogether as its pointless at the moment.
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, My guild and friends just gave up on cyrodiil for the time being..
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, pretty much given up on cyrodil and if I am there and see a bat swarm in battle I just turn and leave and go play an alt in PvE.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    its not just the reduction. the health what it gives and the damage it does is a mess.
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    apterous wrote: »

can't target them - invis+batswarm = untargettable.

seriously, auriels bow last night, there was a guy batswarming at the keep wall for about 5 minutes, untargettable the whole time - yet he was able to farm kills of people on top of the wall whilst he stood at the bottom of the wall outside.

i was in range to shoot him with arrows, they didn't find a target. silver bolts, nothing to aim at, templar ranged abilities, again nothing to aim at.

if you can't target someone, whilst at the same time, they can kill an entire zerg army whilst self healing - something is broken.

i'd been thinking the dev's were being quiet on this one because there was a counter we just hadn't discovered yet - like turn undead, but from what i've heard, it's unreliable. i'll still test it this evening, but beyond that, i've thrown everything i've got at them - which was 99% AoE abilities, because i can't frickin target them.

• Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    No
    We managed to get enough coodination in the guild to *** the vamps off, normally they will only last for 20 sec, sorc negate and down^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Custos91 wrote: »
    We managed to get enough coodination in the guild to *** the vamps off, normally they will only last for 20 sec, sorc negate and down^^

So. You need a sorcerer. Its normal to overcome a 1 button guy, teaming up with a sorcerer + some other guys. Maybe they should boost vamps so they can get invulnerable to negative magics? Pls TESO make it so!!! Rofl TESO
  • dexfmb16_ESO
    Yes
    Actually, because of that I stoped playing in Cyrodill.
    Edited by dexfmb16_ESO on May 1, 2014 10:01AM
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, I don't zerg so it doesn't really affect me.
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    not me, but 50% of my guild yes...

We used to have half a raid (12 people) active every day when we had 20-30 members. Now we got 50 members and not more than 10 PVP active because all either quit the game for a while, or are PVEing until it gets fixed.
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Because nothing will make me spend less time in Cyrodiil.
    However, it needs to be fixed.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • savak
    savak
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Naturally it will affect how much people play. Once you get wiped 3-4 times in a game session by 2-3 vamps against your 20-30 man group (with VRs on your side) you realise how stupid it is. Then when you think it isn't fair... Why keep playing? Because what's happening now is people using scrolls to attract enemies and farm them in a batswarm vamp group....does anyone enjoy being farmed? Especially new players or pug pvpers?
    If they don't hotfix this soon I'm expecting less activity in the campaigns.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    i voted somewhat, as I had already left due to all the inequalities in pvp from day one with exploited vet ranks in a day, in ramped gear and on fast mounts bought with gold from spammers and exploited duped gear upgrades. if i had stuck it out then this vamp glitch would have been the nail in the coffin.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no, but it needs to be fixed.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The fact remains that Campaigns are losing players left, right and centre. While I will never quit PvP regardless of how many issues it may have, or how bad those issues become, the lack of population and the imbalance of said populations is slowly pushing me away.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 1, 2014 1:44PM
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    No
    easy counter to that is, if you see that batswarm dude you retreat and put out a ninja squad on that one.
  • Eldrenath
    Eldrenath
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes

As long as this goes on, I have little to no interest in PvP. The PvE is fun, so the vamps can have Cyrodil for now for all I care.
    Edited by Eldrenath on May 1, 2014 1:54PM
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'm PvEing like everyone else until this gets fixed.
    My patience does have limits though, and if I find myself at VR10 having nothing to do I'll just call it a day.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My guild hasn't quit yet, but we are definitely enjoying the game less. The lack of response from ZOS is the worst part. If they are this slow to address a huge issue with the cornerstone of their end-game content, what does this say about them and their priorities?
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hear the bats or I see the graphics, I use my ult on them and move away nuke from range... I do the same for DK ult. Not saying the under 100 ult cost is right, just it does not effect my ability to counter it, nor enjoy a battle, personally.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Syndy
    Syndy
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, I have faith that it will be fixed in time. Then the people abusing it can look for another exploit for us to make polls about.
    Syndy - VR14 Breton Templar
    Sacrilege
    Daggerfall Covenant

Warhammer
    Syndia - 100 Zealot, Syndai - 99 Black Guard, Cyndrana - 84 Sorceress