Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Decorating Is Very Expensive.

• daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its end game activity, should be as it is.

Surely you can do it cheap too in small/free houses with a little creativity.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can see it as an investment when you get rare stuff and sell them with huge amount of gold after having them awhile. Most furniture arent bound and thats the best part of it. Collect your own treasury.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    But if it were cheap then no one would buy the items from the crown housing editor. :)

This is your explanation.

I have many houses, and sometimes I give up because I don't have the gold or don't want to spend millions to finish a house as I would like. On the other hand, I dislike buying furnishings from the cash shop. I pay enough for a monthly sub and at times I buy crowns to get a house or costume that I like. So, this game can be costly if you are into certain activities. Some of my houses are not finished for years.

I would really like to see some gap between blue and epic furnishings. Make the blue ones more cheaper and easier available, let the epic stuff for the rich ones, like it should be. Unfortunately this would require a major update to furnishings, because, sometimes a blue item is rarer or an a common item, like a structural furnishing, is epic.

The trend is to make housing even more grindy than it was, which is killing my desire to play. Fargrave furnishings are the most recent items to require large amounts of an old style material from Craglorn, Ancient Sandstone. Sadly, the new furnishings bundle include a lot of desirable structural furnishings, but in order to make anything interesting, the player has to farm hundreds of stones or pay 150k or more on a stack. This without counting the large amounts of mundane runes.

So, all this is just teasing you to buy what you need with cash.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    I HATE decorating in RL and will never understand why anyone would want to do this in game. Each to their own but I'll never understand it. You say it cost money/gold as well.... really?

And I don't understand why for some people Elder Sims Online is not their fave part of the game. :'(

At least in housing, most functionality works. o:)
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tracked what I spent 1 time, then never again on other houses. Wraitthome cost me 38M
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the problem is at the top end, but at the bottom end, for beginners. You are essentially given an inn room, but then you can’t make anything decent to furnish it until you have multiple levels of crafting skills. And a lack of gold, for the same reasons, means you can’t just buy some.

Lying on a bedroll, and using a crate for a table gets you down after a while. This improved a bit with the level-up rewards giving you a real bed, but not enough.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age (January 2021). If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.