Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I'd like to play a Fire Mage, just how weak is DK?

RtooDtu
RtooDtu
Everywhere I read I see how weak DK is and I'm just wondering how true that is.

I'm returning and planning to mainly PvP how much of a disadvantage would I be as a MagDK?

Is there a large difference between Magicka and Stam?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 12, 2022 1:37AM
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is the strongest class in the game closely backed by Templar. You're fine.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knights are very strong in both PvP and PvE. They were the top DPS last patch, and even with the nerf that came with High Isle they're still very powerful.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about how strong you are, just do it and delight in setting the world on fire!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're not weak at all. Some people just don't like the look and feel of their spammable.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're one of the most fun classes to play in this game even after the nerf. As others have said it's still really good at what it can do due to it's actives, passives, and sets you pick that go with the playstyle.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u want to PvP i advice to wait for next PTS. Looking at the combat preview DoTs will become weaker so optimal build for PvP will change a lot. I dont know how much will change yet but im pretty sure DK is gonna get hit.
    Tho if u will be fast u can still have some fun before the next patch comes.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RtooDtu wrote: »
    Everywhere I read I see how weak DK is and I'm just wondering how true that is.

I'm returning and planning to mainly PvP how much of a disadvantage would I be as a MagDK?

Is there a large difference between Magicka and Stam?

I mean, all you need is a destro staff. And some mages guild abilitys, you can also run a sorcerer for a helping pet, not sure why you would want a dk, but i guess it could work.

also yes magicka
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK is strong. Self heals can be a bit hairier than some classes at low levels but you get a lot of toughness out of it.

It's also the case that the strength arguments only really matter for some PvP and for the very top end score chasing veteran content unless your build is very very bad.

At the moment stam is probably stronger for PvP, mag for PvE but that's something the game designers have been trying to balance more for a while.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • RtooDtu
    RtooDtu
    Thanks for all the replies, normally I don't post and disappear but I severly sprained my ankle and it was impossible for me to sit on my desk. I'm extremely happy to hear DK is a good class to play
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dk was weak for something like 2 years, then becomes very strong, but with next patch it can be weak again. Meta always shifts so best idea is just to make class that you like thematically and enjoy it. I love fire theme, so dk was obvious choice for me and I'm very happy with class, even if for 3 years of playing - for most time it was weakest class in game (in PvE mostly).
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where are you reading that they're weak? You need to stop visiting those sites lol.

Next combat update looks like it will nerf DoTs though, as if DoTs need a nerf.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are you reading that they're weak? You need to stop visiting those sites lol.

Next combat update looks like it will nerf DoTs though, as if DoTs need a nerf.

I guess, that they read some old posts from time before DK buff last year. You can find post "DK is strongest class" in this thread either, although it is old news already.

DK is at good state now, but next change will hit them. They will maybe spend another years as the weakest DD class after next update.
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post