The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necro Werewolf?

mrkurokishi
mrkurokishi
✭✭✭
Throughout my time playing ESO I typically enjoy having a backstory for my characters.

I've been a stout follower of Hircine; my Khajiit stamPlar being a "Priest of the Hungry Cat"....however I cannot seem to find a fitting reason of why a stamCro would follow Hircine.

Is there any lore or supposed reasoning why a stam Necro would follow Hircine
PS4 : mrkurokishi
Bancha: AD Khajiit magCro (main)
Koicha: AD Khajiit stamPlar
Usucha: AD Khajiit stamDen
Teishu: DC Khajiit magDK
Shincha: AD Khajiit madSorc
PC : mrkurokishi
Malacath's Side Piece: DC Orc stamPlar
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One dies not need to tie a worshiped diety in to a class. Kirah her self is a werebeast sent by hircine to start a pack on nirn she just happened to take the firm of a khajiit and learned to fight like a night blade. Besides necromancer means unlimited chew bones!
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • dogshaman
    dogshaman
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you have become part of the pack, does not mean that you have to follow Hircine.

My Khajiit warden was saved from a cursed death, by a Wood-Orc friend giving him Lycanthropy.
    Although Washargo refuses to give up being a werewolf, he doesn't follow Hircine and is currently searching for a way to stay out of Hircine's "Great Hunting Grounds" after death.

Hircine's followers go to the "Great Hunting Grounds" to either become a hunter or prey for all eternity.
    Washargo, being old, fat and lazy, knows which one he would wind up as.
    So, he would rather go to the Khajiit afterlife of the "Sands beyond the Stars" feasting on moon-sugar and beer for all eternity.

Recently, he has heard of a blackmarketeer possibly selling a hidden piece of Hircine's own realm for an enormous amount of gold...And what better place to hide from a Daedra than under their own nose?
    Washargo ~ Khajiit Warden Werewolf
    a.k.a. Wrongway Washargo, Wash the Elderly
    ~ Wanted by the Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact for thievery, pickpocketing, impersonating a Daedric Prince, pandemonium and general mayhem
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throughout my time playing ESO I typically enjoy having a backstory for my characters.

I've been a stout follower of Hircine; my Khajiit stamPlar being a "Priest of the Hungry Cat"....however I cannot seem to find a fitting reason of why a stamCro would follow Hircine.

Is there any lore or supposed reasoning why a stam Necro would follow Hircine

Actually I have just that, a wolfie stamcro. She is a bosmer pragmatist, who just feels that it is a waste to eat your foes and then leave the corpses behind unused. She uses necromancy as a perverted way to keep the Green Pact as it were. And because she loves hunting and excitement, she chose to follow Hircine's path.

Making up stories is one of those things I really enjoy. ;-)

As for your khajit, well, perhaps the same reason? Liking the hunt. Respecting the two moons (and wolfies being moon-beasts as it were). Re-using the dead matter that remains after your, ahem, "meals" is just practical. Pity to just leave a lot of bones and flesh unused there, no? 3:)
  • caldurham
    caldurham
    i know the lord of the rings universe isn't exactly elder scrolls. but sauron in the hobbit was referred to as the necromancer and in the silmarillion one of his titles was the lord of werewolves while also taking the form of one at least once.
    if the dark lord sauron can be a necromancer and lord of werewolves while also taking the the form of one why can't your khajiit be a necro ww?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing stops a person of any occupation/class to contract the lycanthropy disease. All that is required is that a werebeast infects them with it.

Having a practitioner of necromancy as a follower of Hircine is a bit more odd, though. Because he's about hunting, including in khajiit faith. There's not much ferocious chasing by one's self with necromancy.
    But nothing stops a follower from learning necromancy.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Yezzl
    Yezzl
    ✭✭✭
    [Deleted]
    Edited by Yezzl on January 7, 2023 7:10PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Imperial was merely wandering through Bankorai at night and was bitten by wild werewolves by accident. It was just bad timing but he decided to go with the flow.

Sometimes random things happen