Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which medium sized house do you like the best and why (please share screenshots)

princesspurpleblob
princesspurpleblob
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of saving up for a medium house but can't decide which I like the most - preferably I'd like to get a house with a garden/courtyard and has more than just 1 room.

I can only put max 10 options for the poll so I excluded Ample Domicile, Ravenhurst, Valothi Reverie and Sleek Creek House (because I forgot to add this as one of the options) (they are considered under "other" option) but feel free to change my mind :wink: That's the point of this poll!

Ald Velothi Harbor House - I like this house except that I can't get over its made of a bug shell
Ample Domicile - I'm not a big fan of Argonian home
Bouldertree Refuge - I already have Snugpod and it just look like 2 snugpods in a decent looking garden
Cliffshade - No garden and I already have Black Vine Villa
Domus Phrasticus - I like it except that the courtyard is a little bit too big for me and looks too similar to Cyrodilic Jungle House (which I have)
Exorcised Coven Cottage - I can see the potential but I don't like the view of surrounding area
Grymharth's Woe - No garden and I already have Autumn's Gate
House of the Silent Magnifico - No garden and I can't see it as a home but rather a restaurant or something different
Mournoth Keep - I like everything about this house - its got decent sized home and garden plus a nice view. Only thing is, does it go well with non orcish furnishing?
Ravenhurst - Breton homes are not my cup of tea
Sleek Creek House - Mixed feelings about this one - only 1 room and don't like the fact the courtyard is covered in tiles but a nice pond area is a big plus
Velothi Reverie - Dunmer style home is my least favourite :neutral:
Edited by princesspurpleblob on July 6, 2022 5:59AM
Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes

Which medium sized house do you like the best and why (please share screenshots) 35 votes

Ald Velothi Harbor House
14%
AmphithoeTheImperfectAztriascolossalvoidsPrincessOfThieves 5 votes
Bouldertree Refuge
0%
Cliffshade
2%
Vonnegut2506 1 vote
Domus Phrasticus
8%
HappyTheCamperMarronsuisseMascen 3 votes
Exorcised Coven Cottage
5%
AshrynCanperial35 2 votes
Grymharth's Woe
2%
Nord_Raseri 1 vote
House of the Silent Magnifico
0%
Mournoth Keep
37%
Danikathondelinkdeleted221205-002626TylerDurdenDojohodaSylosiSilverIce58agelonestarkatanagirl1hiziumFeendishEthanolMuffinsAMcKelvie 13 votes
Other medium sized homes (Ample Domicile, Ravenhurst, Velothi Reverie)
28%
driosketchShagrethAvalonRangerghastleyKallykatspartaxoxoSidraWillowskyNotaDaedraWorshipperendgamesmugNeuroticPixels 10 votes
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    This is the only one on the list that I have, but I do have it decorated for my Orc. It has a nice courtyard and the house is big enough but not overly large like the other one, Forgotten Stronghold I think.

I don’t have screenshots and I don’t play on PC, but I’ll try to remember to get some and post here.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek for the yard outside and the balcony.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek for the yard outside and the balcony.

Crap... I just realised that Sleek Creek is missing from the poll.... don't think I can edit the poll now :neutral:
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can share will you what I have created in some of those houses.

Ald Velothi Habour House
    I changed the inside of this one to look like they were living inside a giant tree.

1sbiqhyg2jfq.jpg
    e8qieuc5elzy.jpg

Grymharth's Woe
    This one I decorated in the theme of the three banners war recreated as pillow forts.

u82evwla811y.jpg

Sleek Creek
    For sleek creek I built a small manor house around the Khajiit house and created more rooms.

3n8702cmhcvn.jpg
    su5bqepplbr7.jpg
    gm55cchre5fa.jpg

Velothi Revelrie
    I made a fake castle courtyard outside and decorated the interior to look like a vampire castle.

guh16u3duysi.jpg
    suwmgqqwn6d4.jpg
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    Domus Phrasticus is the one I have. Despite the courtyard its actually has a very ergonomic layout inside, and the woodwork/paneling blends very nicely with Leyawiin wood pieces if you want to section off parts. The only downside is said paneling also causes issues with putting up some of the biggest wall ornaments.

Mournoth Keep would be a solid 2nd for me, similar size/courtyard and is better for wall decor on the first floor, but the stonework is rather dark so you need proper lighting and the second floor is somewhat small and constrained.

If you ever decide to get a larger house and still don't want to deal with courtyards, I can reccommend either Proudspire or the Alinor Townhouse. Proudspire has similar issues to Domus Phrasticus because of the arched stonework, but said stonework and blue/white tiled floor is also the upside. Alinor Townhouse is more like Mournoth with lots of large flat surfaces for wall decor.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    Alinor has a great location and an awesome courtyard
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Alinor has a great location and an awesome courtyard

I'm definitely in love with Alinor Crest Townhouse but I've only done inn rooms, apartments and small houses so far, so want to try out medium houses first before moving on to large houses :smile:
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    It's close to a wayshrine in addition to being roomy! Furnishings are a matter of taste, but mine were eclectic inside the house. It's such a dark house that it was okay with me how that looked.

Mine's not decorated anymore but I used to have it so that the upper part, in alignment with the upper floor, was paved. The outside upper area featured a bear cave, a target and a big barrel of spears, an ice house, a smoke house, a big fire for cooking, and a banquet area. I've taken it down with the intention to make the point of entry more cave-like but have not had time. It might be a project for this winter.

Edited by Dojohoda on July 7, 2022 12:02AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Lucky Cat Landing too big? It's about the same size as some of the other houses listed...

PS5/NA
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lucky Cat Landing too big? It's about the same size as some of the other houses listed...

I found it quite big but also, I want to go for houses I can buy with gold rather than crown :smile:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the base game, I like Ravenhurst, Domus Phrasticus and Sleek-Creek because they all have decent interiors/exteriors, and it's nice to have an outer area in medium houses, imo. If you don't like their style you can 'reskin' them, I've seen a lot of players do that, and the slot limit works well with their size. From the DLCs I also like Lucky Cat Landing (if you are looking to build beyond the house itself, its outside architecture and the big kiosk at the yard are a bit tricky to work with, however the allowable area extends well over the balcony out to the horizon, so there's space to build that way), and also Frostvault chasm, but that one size-wise is way bigger than most medium homes, so the 200/400 slot limit might be an issue. Also I'm not sure if these two are permanent additions to the store, Lucky Cat might be (not in game to check) but Frostvault chasm definitely isn't, so might have to wait until they bring it back. Finally, there's a large house called Dawnshadow which to me is more like a big medium (and not as big as the other large houses), so you could check that out as well.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek has the advantage of being close to Rawl’ka and its Refuge, so it is good for crafters and thieves. Mine is the home of Cat Man Dhou, and now Ember, so I stayed conventional with style, making the ground level the dining and bar area. Interior is study and bedroom.

I put a bathroom over the end of the creek, and he has his own crafting stations despite the proximity to town.

o5731jv0js71.png

fxj6svkixd5v.png

qkfwekc55ry9.png

0me8lheyuhpd.png

yos9d2mvgzbp.png

bluhpo1zo68b.png
    Edited by ghastley on July 7, 2022 6:27PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like Ample Domicile quite a lot. Which is not only because I love argonians. But the house has a nice surrounding view, especially at night because it naturally has torchbugs flying around and the wall around it is small so you can easily get above it. If the mudhuts is not your style then you can easily cover it up with a custom build of some sorts. Like @Beanspr0ut on EU has done shown here. Just 3 screenshots showing 2 places of the house.
    6HrKaEn.png
    QmiwUPu.png
    L36QX0C.png

Though, to me most houses got their uses and charms. Even those which may not be my first pick can still be a fun challenge to make something in!
    But of the ones mentioned in the poll I'd say Mournoth Keep. The orcish houses are quite neutral in their look, being mostly grey stone with a little wood, and it got nice enviroment too.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for responses - I've decided to go with I've decided to go for Sleek Creek first then maybe Mournoth Keep next :smile:

There are other houses that appeals to me as well so who knows? I might end up getting more than just 2 :wink:
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    If the mudhuts is not your style then you can easily cover it up with a custom build of some sorts. Like @Beanspr0ut on EU has done shown here. Just 3 screenshots showing 2 places of the house.
    6HrKaEn.png
    QmiwUPu.png
    L36QX0C.png

Wow, that looks fantastic! Can hardly recognise the place. Yes, I'm not a bit fan of mudhut style home but maybe I could try building around the original home - I just find making custom building quite challenging, let alone working around existing building!
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    Domus Phrasticus - I like that the inside is 2 floors, well-proportioned and easy to work with, but mostly it's my favourite because I like the size of the courtyard, nice and big compared to the house, with a mix of stone terrace and grass/dirt.

However if the courtyard is too big for you, you can block off access to the back parts, which is what I did with hedges when I made it winter-themed :) (Uhh hard to see in the dark but you get the idea I guess)

20220428202431-1.jpg
    upload pictures
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sleek Creek is the best as a mid sized home. I have mine set up as my main crafting hub. Do all of my dailies in Reapers March, stop by the stable to feed the horse, turn in the dailies, then head to Sleek Creek. Have crafting tables, storage, transmute, banker, etc
    Its near perfect.

bbtr5y3yszu4.png
    iz6g9mll27zm.png
    14f0beq7wd0p.png
    Edited by MonkLoHan on July 11, 2022 9:30PM
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    Mournoth Keep - Easy to reskin. This one is set up as a general crafting/storage area inside.

0rnq264xnqpa.png
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    Oh wow @Feendish I really like that!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very happy that I chose Sleek Creek House - its progressing well and here are some sneak peaks :wink:

VFZMH5o.jpg

X9uqE3N.jpg

EDIT: And it's completed now :smiley: More pictures are here
    Edited by princesspurpleblob on July 19, 2022 1:44AM
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi Harbor House
    I love the Harbor House but 400 furnishing limit is to restrictive, I can properly furnish the main floor without reaching the limit.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    Mournoth Keep can be beautiful, and I think it can work very well with non-orc furnishings. It's still one of my favourite houses and it always fascinates me when I see other people's versions because they're always so different.

This is what I've done with 1/2 the furnishings limit (because 1/2 is saved for books, mostly not pictured because I still haven't gotten them onto the shelves).
    Sla8Cj9h.png
    J21xIDuh.png
    MyRE8kPh.png
    jYKn6Gch.png
    qckCeTSh.png
    GspflXQh.png
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you all tempting me to get more houses? :D
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus - I like that the inside is 2 floors, well-proportioned and easy to work with, but mostly it's my favourite because I like the size of the courtyard, nice and big compared to the house, with a mix of stone terrace and grass/dirt.

However if the courtyard is too big for you, you can block off access to the back parts, which is what I did with hedges when I made it winter-themed :) (Uhh hard to see in the dark but you get the idea I guess)

20220428202431-1.jpg
    upload pictures

Is Domus the closest thing to Enchanted Snow Globe House that we can buy with gold? If so, tempting...

Also, I'm guessing Hunding's Palatial Hall is the only house with access to beach that we can purchase with gold?

I'm saving up gold for Alinor Crest Townhouse but I want 1 more house - obviously can't decide which one I want (again)