The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Event Reward- Keys

• cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Need to be able to bank them, there are restrictions on a lot of items that should be able to be banked that are not (gold equivalent of larceny edict)
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to use my key on my grand master crafter who has a full leveled mount. Looked at my map, set a map pointer for the vault, went full speed on my mount to the vault, and entered before anyone was able to knock me off my mount. Inside there was a player from another faction, but we ignored each other, and I opened the vault, and went in queue for a Cyrodiil campaign. YMMV, but you all might want to try something like this rather that deleting the key.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    I was able to use my key on my grand master crafter who has a full leveled mount. Looked at my map, set a map pointer for the vault, went full speed on my mount to the vault, and entered before anyone was able to knock me off my mount. Inside there was a player from another faction, but we ignored each other, and I opened the vault, and went in queue for a Cyrodiil campaign. YMMV, but you all might want to try something like this rather that deleting the key.

Players from different factions cannot attack each other inside treasure vaults. PvP is disabled inside them.

I have now retrieved multiple treasure vault chests on multiple characters. None are geared for PvP but none encountered any PvP. The players generally going to these vaults are not carrying much Tel Var. Many are smart enough to bank all Tel Var before attempting. There are 6 vaults, all in different districts, so no highly productive spot to hide and gank. No matter what vault you scope, you will be missing out on 5/6ths of players going to open a vault. It is really not an ideal gank/grief opportunity. Most gankers will spend way too much time accomplishing nothing, get bored, and leave. Ganking players who just killed an IC zone boss (and are thus flush with Tel Var) are a much more lucrative ganking opportunity in IC.

It takes like 10 seconds to run/ride from entry point to vault. You are not likely to encounter any PvP. You will get two purple weapons or jewelry. And often a motif page. People are making this sound much scarier or more dangerous than it is. It is a reasonable return of materials for minimal effort. Treasure maps in Cyrodiil are much, much more dangerous and time consuming than IC treasure vaults.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to understand why people delete their keys. I redeem my keys with naked crafter toon every day, what's your problem?
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    I've yet to understand why people delete their keys. I redeem my keys with naked crafter toon every day, what's your problem?

Some people have more tolerance, patience and time to die repeatedly for these keys.

I however do not, and deleting them frees up a spot for other more important things. If you don't mind dying over and over to get what is most likely going to disappoint you anyways then fine. Life is too short for that nonsense to this player, hope that helps.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put on wild hunt ring,and speed there max speed and run inside,never had an issue.Make sure not to have combat pets out,don't use skills that make you glow to look aggressive,don't attack npc enemies,use invisi pots,and you should be ok,also different times of day different alliances own area,so check every few hours or ask guildies.
    Edited by belial5221_ESO on July 5, 2022 12:15AM
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put on wild hunt ring,and speed there max speed and run inside,never had an issue.Make sure not to have combat pets out,don't use skills that make you glow to look aggressive,don't attack npc enemies,use invisi pots,and you should be ok,also different times of day different alliances own area,so check every few hours or ask guildies.

Awesome that this works for you and is a fun way to spend your time.

For me I'd rather gargle broken glass than have to set up a character to get these keys when I could just do my crafting on my characters in the safety of PvE land and sell a stack of gold mats daily for fast cash.

IMO if you can leave your keyboard for a bio break while playing and still return to a living character it is a win for this old dude.

Edit: double negative, oops.
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on July 5, 2022 12:48AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people have more tolerance, patience and time to die repeatedly for these keys.

I however do not, and deleting them frees up a spot for other more important things. If you don't mind dying over and over to get what is most likely going to disappoint you anyways then fine. Life is too short for that nonsense to this player, hope that helps.

I haven't died once, personally.
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the gankers are watching the doors, so they can gank people.

Nothing PvP people like more than targets they can one-shot and then crow about how awesome they are at PvP.

They will go miles to avoid a fight with someone that might damage them, just to gank someone coming out of a trophy room, usually two or three at a time. They wouldn't want to actually *fight* someone, after all.

Standard PvP players. And they wonder why people aren't beating a path to ESO PvP...

Edited by mavfin on July 5, 2022 4:23AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the keys aren't tradable. I'd gladly take some.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should at least be able to put them in the bank so you can get all of them on one character to use them. I don’t want to make 5 trips to IC.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The keys being character bound is annoying - and weird - but I actually had no problem at all going in there on my crafter. She's a vampire, so ignores the speed penalty of sneak, and she's also built entirely for speed, with Coward's, Wild Hunt, CP passives etc. I zoomed around at full speed sneak from trophy vault to trophy vault and was able to use up all 13 keys just fine without coming anywhere near another player.

Because everyone is running that exact setup

Pure luck. Sometimes you can make it with a horrid character. Sometimes you get ganked every few inches.

PvPvE sucks.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    please, please, please make these where we can stack them and put them in banks, not bound by character!

And make it so we can launder the stolen ones so they don't get taken by guards. As well as the group repair kits and research scrolls.

Let us use these rewards on our characters that can actually use them.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet with the usual:

This is a player behaviour problem; just use the keys as you get them.

Either way I have found 2 out of the possible 8 so far that may or not stack. The remaining 6 seem to stack so far.

The fact that they are character bound is mildly irritating however I'm somewhat accustomed to everything involving IC being irritating; sometimes I'm not sure if I'm playing a 'full fat' MMO or a F2P mobile game with all the various cooldowns, currencies, arbitrary bindings etc

However if you can spare the room in your inventory and you want to take advantage of the keys with minimum exposure to PvP I'd strongly recommend going to the vaults once the event is over (thus having collected all the possible keys) and before mayhem starts, and if at all possible during unsociable hours.

Port to no-CP IC, take the relevant ladder, drop off and sneak to the vault, drop a flare/pop a detection pot while ready to CC > disengage, if the coast is clear go in the vault, loot, port to Cyro from inside the vault.

Rinse, repeat for each one of the six.

Don't get me wrong, I concur that the keys should be at most account bound, not character bound, and should stack consistently, not have multiple item IDs for them, some which stack and some which don't however I sincerely doubt this will ever be addressed and I am almost certain it won't be addressed this event given that we use key fragments now which do stack and are tradeable and using this method the keys being bound/stacking or not is largely irrelevant.

I am just suggesting a possible way to take advantage of the 'free' keys while reducing the exposure to PvP.

EDIT: Furthermore bear in mind that the only thing of potential value 'dropping' from the IC vaults are the monster helmets (which are of little use outside PvP and require tel var to purchase the shoulders anyway), Nibenese Court Wizard pages were already pretty much worthless before the event; willpower/agility/endurance purple jewellery is nice to decon for grains but if IC is really not your jam is hardly worth the hassle.

The vaults that can potentially drop useful set pieces are inside ICP/WGT which are easily accessible and PvE only.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on July 5, 2022 9:57AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by ApoAlaia on July 5, 2022 8:12AM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones whom like to kill key runners are usually piling up in CP IC. They avoid non-CP because they're not powerful enough there, it's desolation in here. The only people you meet are most likely the same key runners. And even with all that only gate I was ganked at, at CP campaign, is legionary because of how close it to respawn point.

By deleting keys you refuse an astonishing amount of purple jewelry to yourself as well as sticker book pieces and quite useful monster helms.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones whom like to kill key runners are usually piling up in CP IC. They avoid non-CP because they're not powerful enough there, it's desolation in here. The only people you meet are most likely the same key runners. And even with all that only gate I was ganked at, at CP campaign, is legionary because of how close it to respawn point.

By deleting keys you refuse an astonishing amount of purple jewelry to yourself as well as sticker book pieces and quite useful monster helms.

As surprising as it sounds, I'm fine with losing out on the jewelry and sticker book items when I play a game to just have fun. Because I don't PvP I have already made peace with never getting sticker book PvP gear or tons of other items. The rings might be nice, but I get grains from crafting anyways without the hassle and I have never been ganked while turning in writs.

Besides even if it is desolation 99% of the time events like this one bring all the gankers out for easy kills. Not to mention the load of free tel var they can acquire when they take out the unwary.

All in all I'll just delete them. Now if I could sell them on the guild trader that would rock, but as I can't they get removed from my inventory so as to not clog it up.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I haven't died once, personally.

Believe it or not, I am very happy for you.

I however was a gank magnet and once my characters have the rider speed boost I never set foot in PvP again; and I hate I need to go there for that. Many might think I may be missing out, but I prefer to think of it as keeping my stress levels low.

Some areas of the game are best avoided by people like myself that consider death a failure, so even in PvE I avoid it like the plague. Hence why I will never get many (any?) of the trials completed, because I don't play to challenge myself, I play to have fun; and to me dying is NEVER fun.

Edit: clarity
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on July 5, 2022 10:00AM