The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Event Reward- Keys

Zyva
Zyva
✭✭✭✭✭
please, please, please make these where we can stack them and put them in banks, not bound by character!

This has happened in the past, and has been acknowledged as a bad thing ( rewards being character bound) so I'm disappointed to see it happening again. It would be MUCH preferable to get key fragments, that can be stacked, combined, put in the bank, etc.

As it is, I've already got Daedric Embers Key, Legionary Key, and Planar Key taking up slots in my inventory on multiple characters.
Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice if they fixed other things from the IC like the base recall stones which are STILL character bound too (keep recall stones are normal bound, but the IC version of those is still character bound)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I've got an IC key which is bound to my crafter, I'll probably delete it rather than trying to use it because it's not worth the hassle of going into IC on a character with just enough combat skills to survive collecting crafting surveys.

If I could give it to another character on my account then I'd actually use it instead.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The keys being character bound is annoying - and weird - but I actually had no problem at all going in there on my crafter. She's a vampire, so ignores the speed penalty of sneak, and she's also built entirely for speed, with Coward's, Wild Hunt, CP passives etc. I zoomed around at full speed sneak from trophy vault to trophy vault and was able to use up all 13 keys just fine without coming anywhere near another player.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I got a lot of keys on my crafter and just ported to IC to redeem them. Most of the vaults are really close to alliance base extraction point. Unless the character you got them on is >50 it should be no real difference. Unless you let's say want 100% chance to get Nibenese pages from vaults or 160cp monster helms.
    Edited by TiaFrye on June 30, 2022 8:16PM
  • ncallstar88
    ncallstar88
    ✭✭
    The keys being character bound is annoying - and weird - but I actually had no problem at all going in there on my crafter. She's a vampire, so ignores the speed penalty of sneak, and she's also built entirely for speed, with Coward's, Wild Hunt, CP passives etc. I zoomed around at full speed sneak from trophy vault to trophy vault and was able to use up all 13 keys just fine without coming anywhere near another player.

Because everyone is running that exact setup
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I got a key on my crafter and I just deleted it. Stupid it can't be put in the bank but oh well.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You got lucky then. You got in before the campers started camping the doors.....
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

You got lucky then. You got in before the campers started camping the doors.....

You can always wait till the end of event and redeem them later. Keys stack and two kinds are redeemable in dungeons, shouldn't be that bad for inventory.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

You can always wait till the end of event and redeem them later. Keys stack and two kinds are redeemable in dungeons, shouldn't be that bad for inventory.

That leaves just 12 stacks... Because keys you get from stealing don't stack with keys you get from "clean" containers.
    (And yeah, I got all 12...) Don't forget that you will also need some significant inventory space to redeem them, too.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix, character bound vs bound makes 0 difference except to cause headache.
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    OR add a keychain!
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us bank our keys please!
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let them be bankable.
    My crafter is a squishy caster, and is not built at all for PVP. I'd rather open the vaults on my stealth character.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to be able to launder items out of stolen event boxes. I don't want to have to lose the items if I get caught by the "law"
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the keys should be launderable too
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I rather DELETE those keys instead of blocking my inventory.
    Instead of a reward, these keys are pure hassle.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably destroy the keys, I'll never go to Cyrodiil.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind, I refreshed the main page and found this wonderful thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609985/where-to-use-the-imperial-city-keys#latest
    :smile:
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on July 2, 2022 1:15PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

The vaults aren't in Cyrodiil, they are in the Imperial City. Which, arguably, makes things even worse, of course.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to bank the keys is making me not want to do the event on any other character except my main.

I don't want them to build up on a character that won't really go into IC because they are a fetching crafting mule and I've got better things to do than to level up some combat skills on a silly goose of an alt.

Also let us launder all of the stolen items like Impresario's repair kits and such. That is fetching annoying.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Keys stack and two kinds are redeemable in dungeons, shouldn't be that bad for inventory.
    @TiaFrye
    oddly enough, the keys don't always stack. I now have a couple of IC vault keys that don't stack with others with the same name. So I'm having multiple inventory slots used for each IC vault. Go figure. At some point, it'll be annoying enough to go do an IC run to clear them all... but it may have to be during the event, rather than afterwards.

• Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have deleted about 40 of them so far.

I'm would never go into IC, even if they gave out an epic mount, so why bother having them clutter up my inventories.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've deleted three chars I made for this event. I have deleted at least 6 of the keys as the char that got them will never set foot in IC.

I would have preferred dbl nodes or exp boost as those are actually useful.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the keys; but then, I was already going to the Imperial City fairly regularly-- not for the PvP, but for the PvE dailies. Naturally, I often end up being killed by PvPers, sometimes repeatedly-- but that doesn't stop me from finishing the dailies.

I think it's good that the rewards contain things that might be appreciated by some players even though other players might think they're trash. One player's trash is another player's treasure, and vice versa.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm would never go into IC, even if they gave out an epic mount, so why bother having them clutter up my inventories.

Exactly, they should have done PvP event quest and you get PvP stuff and a PvE event quest where you get PvE stuff. I don't want keys or the telvar stones that are given away as daily rewards. If you don't PvP, you don't need them.
  • carolingnight
    carolingnight
    ✭✭✭

Exactly, they should have done PvP event quest and you get PvP stuff and a PvE event quest where you get PvE stuff. I don't want keys or the telvar stones that are given away as daily rewards. If you don't PvP, you don't need them.

I don't PvP but appreciate getting Tel Var stones to buy Hakeijo runes. *shrug*
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Telvar you get stuff other than PVP items,some gear is goood for pve,trial,dungeon.There's also alchemy pack,hakeijo and costumes among other nonPVP items.If PVP items bother you jsut destroy them or bank telvar/AP for later incase you do need/want something in cyro/IC or battleground merch,since they take no space and no limits.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Lugaldu wrote: »

The vaults aren't in Cyrodiil, they are in the Imperial City. Which, arguably, makes things even worse, of course.

you are guaranteed to be dead.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a key yesterday. Will delete it today. It's garbage to me if it's character bound. It's nonsensical to not allow these to be banked.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to get my key just fine. The one enemy that I ran into near the vault also just wanted to use his key, and did not attack me.