Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spirit mender

kieso
kieso
✭✭✭✭✭
I wish it was longer, like bone armor.

Just a thought.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The entire point of intensive mender is that it has a short duration. You have to maintaine the buff more intensively (see what i did there?). In return, it's one of the best (if not the best) heal over time abilities in the game.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire point of intensive mender is that it has a short duration. You have to maintaine the buff more intensively (see what i did there?). In return, it's one of the best (if not the best) heal over time abilities in the game.

they might be talking about the other morph that has the weaker heal but absorbs 10% of incoming dmg (the heal on that one is like half of the value of the intensive mender)

i think intensive mender is in a good spot as a burst heal along with the duration being balanced, but the other morph of the mender only lasts a few seconds longer for significantly less healing output
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they might be talking about the other morph that has the weaker heal but absorbs 10% of incoming dmg (the heal on that one is like half of the value of the intensive mender)

i think intensive mender is in a good spot as a burst heal along with the duration being balanced, but the other morph of the mender only lasts a few seconds longer for significantly less healing output

Yup 🙂
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think that morph should be a full 20 sec, unless they reduced the heal more, but i think it would be a lot better at around 15-16 seconds (to at least match the duration of the skeletal mage/archer)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not sure where you're getting the "only a few seconds longer" from. Guardian lasts twice as long as Intensive for half the healing. The tradeoff is twice the healing for twice the buff management.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think that morph should be a full 20 sec, unless they reduced the heal more, but i think it would be a lot better at around 15-16 seconds (to at least match the duration of the skeletal mage/archer)

It does last 16 seconds...

Guardian lasts 16 seconds. Intensive lasts 8 seconds. Guardian has half the healing tooltip of Intensive. There's no reason to buff Guardian's duration imo, as 16 seconds is plenty long enough for a HoT, and is in fact longer than most HoTs in the game
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on June 30, 2022 6:34PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guardian lasts 16 seconds. Intensive lasts 8 seconds. Guardian has half the healing tooltip of Intensive. There's no reason to buff Guardian's duration imo, as 16 seconds is plenty long enough for a HoT, and is in fact longer than most HoTs in the game

i never notice it staying up that long, since its meant to absorb 10% of incoming dmg, the mender itself CAN die if you are taking a lot of dmg (even if you can survive it)

so while i frequently use it as a tank, it never feels like it lasts 16 sec, but closer to 10-12 when im actually taking dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i never notice it staying up that long, since its meant to absorb 10% of incoming dmg, the mender itself CAN die if you are taking a lot of dmg (even if you can survive it)

so while i frequently use it as a tank, it never feels like it lasts 16 sec, but closer to 10-12 when im actually taking dmg

The mender doesn't die lol. It "takes" 10% of your damage but it doesn't actually take any damage. It's up for 16 seconds, always. It's just a buff that's considered a pet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The mender doesn't die lol. It "takes" 10% of your damage but it doesn't actually take any damage. It's up for 16 seconds, always. It's just a buff that's considered a pet.

i must be just not noticing it, i almost kind of hate how it seems to heal everyone but me (especially since im using it on a tank)

ive tried using the longer duration one and it just feels like its doing nothing so ill probably just adjust my build
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i must be just not noticing it, i almost kind of hate how it seems to heal everyone but me (especially since im using it on a tank)

ive tried using the longer duration one and it just feels like its doing nothing so ill probably just adjust my build

It will always heal the lowest health target nearby, much like rapid regen or any single target burst heal.

And don't worry about not knowing exactly how it works. There's a lot of confusion and misinformation on the Necro pet abilities. Just a byproduct of the weird decision to make them "pets" but keeping them as regular duration abilities. They act really strangely or differently in a lot of circumstances than you would expect.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will always heal the lowest health target nearby, much like rapid regen or any single target burst heal.

And don't worry about not knowing exactly how it works. There's a lot of confusion and misinformation on the Necro pet abilities. Just a byproduct of the weird decision to make them "pets" but keeping them as regular duration abilities. They act really strangely or differently in a lot of circumstances than you would expect.

i like the shorter duration on on my mag necro thats sort of a bomber/dps type because it helps make corpses faster, but the other version just feels like it doesnt do enough, and the 10% dmg reduction isnt noticeable

i really wish they did a lot of things with necromancer differently, blastbones is clunky to use (because of that awful lockout preventing you from spawning multiple at the same time) and the fact it doesnt proc anything
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I brought this up btw is that it feels like there's too much micro managing with this skill and honestly necro in general.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its easily the best HoT in the game, even if it sometimes hits other ppl you dont want it to hit, its still the best.

PC EU
    PvP only