Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

If you like running around rocks or towers for hours on end in Cyrodiil.....

Thecompton73
Thecompton73
✭✭✭✭✭
chasing or being chased, the High Isle patch will be you favorite update ever. From the notes under general combat fixes:

Fixed an issue where numerous abilities were not obeying Line of Sight.
Spoiler (the affected abilities are:)

Arctic Wind and its morphs' damage
Blazing Shield's damage
Bone Totem and its morphs' fear
Caltrops and its morphs' damage
Crescent Sweep's damage
Elemental Storm and its morph's damage
Expert Hunter and its morphs
Frozen Gate and its morphs' initial placement
Note this ability will still retain its functionality of forcing targets to your position past line of sight if you move behind a wall after its been placed, as long as you are still within the range limit.
Grave Robber synergy's damage
Impaling Shards and morphs' damage
These abilities now also tick 12 times instead of 13, but their total damage is the same.
Lacerate and its morph's damage
Magelight and its morphs
Negate Magic and its morphs' silence
Permafrost's damage
Power Extractions' debuff
Restraining Prison
This ability now properly grants Major Vitality even if you hit no targets.
Revealing Flare and its morphs
You may now only have 1 of these Area of Effects active at a time.
Solar Barrage's damage
Spear Shards and its morphs' damage
Time Stop and its morphs
Unstable and Volatile Familiar's damage
Volatile Armor's damage
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 18, 2022 9:38PM
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

What PVP needs is more people running around stuff in tanky gear and jumping a lot.

Yay
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More jumping bunnies in Cyro!
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E8vN.gif
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

What PVP needs is more people running around stuff in tanky gear and jumping a lot.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

we found the runner
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E8vN.gif

I almost fell out of my chair with this, because the page was still loading it looked like they were running, then the slow bug hit them, and they were stuttering around the tree! :)
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

Eh, not exactly. I've tried to 1v1 these types of players many, many times on resources, in the field, etc...the absolute second you deal any kind of damage to them, off they go. I don't see what this accomplishes to be honest. You don't want to get zerged down but you don't want a fair 1v1 duel either...is it just the thrill of being chased or...?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

Eh, not exactly. I've tried to 1v1 these types of players many, many times on resources, in the field, etc...the absolute second you deal any kind of damage to them, off they go. I don't see what this accomplishes to be honest. You don't want to get zerged down but you don't want a fair 1v1 duel either...is it just the thrill of being chased or...?

It's sometimes used as a delaying tactic to slow down whole groups of players who'll waste time trying to chase down these speed tanks. Also you'll get a small group of 2 to 3 of them sitting on a resource just farming people for AP.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

It's sometimes used as a delaying tactic to slow down whole groups of players who'll waste time trying to chase down these speed tanks. Also you'll get a small group of 2 to 3 of them sitting on a resource just farming people for AP.

I understand the whole slowing down groups of players to pull them off a objective, that makes sense, but what's the point in a 1v1 setting? It happens quite often. You try to engage in a duel but they just run laps around a tower or rock instead, lol.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

I understand the whole slowing down groups of players to pull them off a objective, that makes sense, but what's the point in a 1v1 setting? It happens quite often. You try to engage in a duel but they just run laps around a tower or rock instead, lol.

It's usually because those players don't exactly have a ton of damage but do have great recovery; and they count on you running out your stamina chasing them so you won't be able to break free of the stun they use when they finally turn to attack. Then they have 3-4 seconds to kill you while you're helpless.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

It's usually because those players don't exactly have a ton of damage but do have great recovery; and they count on you running out your stamina chasing them so you won't be able to break free of the stun they use when they finally turn to attack. Then they have 3-4 seconds to kill you while you're helpless.

"Turn and Burn" is a PVE strat because mobs have pre-programmed and predictable mechanics. Oh no...anyway.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

"Turn and Burn" is a PVE strat because mobs have pre-programmed and predictable mechanics. Oh no...anyway.

T&B has always been an effective PvP strategy because there are always people willing to foolishly chase. But there was always a point at which the amount of people chasing became to much and the runner had to bug out or finally fall. With the hybridization of stats the healing is off the charts and these players can indefinitely run around towers or rocks and survive no matter how many are chasing them. Not to mention the way Mdk's are working right now they just used the charged enchant for infinite sustain so they actually DO have the freedom to build for a ton of damage.
    All back to the point of the post which is why was fixing all these LOS issues a high priority right now when this play style the most OP it's ever been?
    Doesn't matter if you're fighting a solo, small group or full ball group, they're just going to start running around LOS objects and will turn every fight into a long boring slog even more frequently than they do now, which is already a majority of the time.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha that was just a meme comparing chasers to PVE mobs. Using LOS is effective in a pinch but it's kinda dull and repetitive if that's all you end up doing. Even the most hardened tower *** will tell you that an open field 1vX or ult dump is way more satisfying than clapping some pugs as they turn the corner.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Haha that was just a meme comparing chasers to PVE mobs. Using LOS is effective in a pinch but it's kinda dull and repetitive if that's all you end up doing. Even the most hardened tower *** will tell you that an open field 1vX or ult dump is way more satisfying than clapping some pugs as they turn the corner.

Until this patch and the buffs to Mdk's I never came across a solo player I couldn't push past the limit of being able to out heal incoming damage while they tried to 1vX in an open field. I'm not the greatest at 1v1's but I know how to combine dot pressure with burst to mess someone up if they aren't using LOS. Like I'll watch one of those players kite 6-7 people for five minutes, then they hit an open patch of ground so I'll jump in and they die 5 seconds later. I just had to not get caught in the turn and burn myself. However now those Mdk players shrug off what I throw in and are able to come away from the LOS loop (if they even need it to survive in the first place) to single me out and stomp me while still being futilely attacked by the other 7 people.
    And I've seen those same players survive for 20 minutes in towers or around rock formations while being hounded by 25 players and eating siege damage on top of that. And if they can do that with all the listed skills ignoring LOS how much harder will it be to take those players down when turning a corner or going behind a tree suddenly negates nearly every source of AOE damage you can throw at them.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on April 21, 2022 7:58PM
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of you underestimate how much skill is required to do this.

Please, watch the recent Nyce video about Snow Treaders and you may get a glimpse of what is involved to 1vX a large group of players (in this case with a weak class)

Seeing things from the other person's POV can do wonders in lifting blind spots
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Please, watch the recent Nyce video about Snow Treaders and you may get a glimpse of what is involved to 1vX a large group of players (in this case with a weak class)

Eh. I've watched him before and all he does is equip snow treaders and gets other players to chase him. He's good at running towers and walls avoiding any kind of 1v1 situation and that's really it.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would trade fixing breaking free multiple times, or bar swap fails for LoS as it is now. I seriously hope this addresses dark convergence ignoring LoS and pulling through solid objects. I assume the heavy attacks that barely work now will work less also.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would trade fixing breaking free multiple times, or bar swap fails for LoS as it is now. I seriously hope this addresses dark convergence ignoring LoS and pulling through solid objects. I assume the heavy attacks that barely work now will work less also.

Speaking of Dark Con, has it felt pretty unreliable lately? Just doesn't feel like I'm getting pulls whatsoever lately.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Speaking of Dark Con, has it felt pretty unreliable lately? Just doesn't feel like I'm getting pulls whatsoever lately.

Haven't used it in a long while. I always preferred void bash, much more subtle. Only brand new players don't know to hold block until DC is over. That could account for less people falling victim to it - when they are aware of it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Haven't used it in a long while. I always preferred void bash, much more subtle. Only brand new players don't know to hold block until DC is over. That could account for less people falling victim to it - when they are aware of it.

I feel that. I've started swapping it out for other sets just because it's just not pulling. Could be players are learning to block/roll dodge out of it, wearing sets that help against it...idk
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭

Eh. I've watched him before and all he does is equip snow treaders and gets other players to chase him. He's good at running towers and walls avoiding any kind of 1v1 situation and that's really it.

Only one of his builds uses Snow Treaders but if you HAVE watched his videos enough then you'll know he is a master of Turn and Burn, and is very patient about choosing his spots.

It might not be your playstyle (it's not mine either) but it's not without skill. It's the opposite.

Please post a video of you doing the same if you think I'm wrong.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

we found the runner

we found the zergling
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree these runners are skilled and it also takes skill to run a successful ballgroup, the problem is that it makes for frustrating gameplay that is not fun. I have seen on numerous occasions an ex Emperor who runs around in enemy keeps looking unkillable but not killing anyone either, I don't know maybe he just likes the thrill of being chased but it seems pointless to me.
    I remember when Cyro was about armies clashing on the battlefield with mass fights and trying to hold or take the flags in keeps. Now its more about groups running around in circles farming ap or individuals not dying when chased by 10 players. At the end of the day games are meant to be fun and I cant help thinking that a lot of the magic has went out of pvp in Eso.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    This "its not fun to play against" is such bad reasoning :lol: losing isn't fun idc if anyone tries to say it is. It's not. If you guys were content with the AvA then zone chat wouldnt be raging all day about being unable to take keeps and alliances teaming up. It's hypocritical saying u hate this play style when u also rage either way.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Awesome.

Yay

Stop zerging them down.

Easy solution.

we found the runner

Found the zergling.
    EU | PC
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s great is the tower humpers want to 1vx but get mad when they die say they were zerged down. Lol

You can’t have it both ways. Or do you just want as many scrubs to come as possible?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn this turned into a coven of milk finger tugging real quick.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    What can you do other than zerging 1vXers down if despite beeing outnumbered they keep attacking your group and try to kill your weakest group members. Some players really force you to zerg them down. But there are also players that only run in towers because they are outnumbered and will get zerged down on open field

I think there is a big difference between defending yourself in group against stronger players and attacking players on sight unprovocated just because you outnumber them and can kill them without risk.
    Many of the tower trolls that harrassed the PuGs i was playing in when i startet PvPing now Play in groups themselfes and will attack solo players on sight unprovocated.
    1vXers and Zergs both have very toxic Individuals and often they are the same.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a decently fast player but chasing tower/rock humpers is boring to me so I just don't do it. If I'm at a resource at the flag and any enemy runs into the tower (regardless of how many and how many allies I have there) I just flip it and leave. Or I may wait to see if they'll come out and have a fight and leave if they don't quickly. If you like chasing these players, to each their own I guess.

I personally would never join a ball group or be a rock/tower *** as it just isn't an appealing way of playing the game to me. I think most people who are in ball groups are just not great individual players and think that is a great way of farming new/bad players who are not experienced/good enough to know to avoid certain situations. And they are probably right. Many time I see these players or ball groups and just simply leave to go somewhere else because I don't want to be bored out of my mind by their style of playing.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reality is most players who complain about tower humping or running around trees are usually found in a large zerg. This makes their complaint very ironic as they are basically doing the same thing by humping or running around their zerg. Biggest difference though is the tower/tree don’t fight back, whereas a zerg does 😄
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc