Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dov-Rha Sabatons are the hardest new mythic to farm while beeing by far the worst

HanYolo
HanYolo
✭✭✭
So I love mythics and my first order of business every DLC is farming them all. Some are good, some are bad but so far I could find some use for every single one of them that might justify their existence in the game and me farming them. Now as you might conclude from the title I am quite dissatisfied about pretty much everything concerning the Dov-Rha Sabatons.

1. The leads are insanely boring to farm. Notice the wording: "boring" not "hard".

3 out of 5 drop in dungeons or raids, which experience from previous leads tells, will take somewhere between 3 and 10 runs each. An unnecessary chore. I can live with a mythic having 1 or
maybe 2 leads drop from group content. but 3?? hell no, not for this crap item

lockboxes. meh, not too bad since no one is contesting them, like for the oakensoul ring (I wonder why that is??? can'y imagine why no one wants this amazing item...)

psijic portals. so far I'm 2 days in, maybe 8-10 hours spent in southern elsweyr, got 2 portals, no lead. Who on godforsaken planet earth thought this was a good idea? unlike lockboxes or
regular nodes these portals are far too rare. 1-2 players in the same zone also farming them and not a single one will find them in somewhat decent time intervalls. It's ridiculous and another
point on the ever growing list of cases where ZOS hast either no clue about their own game or just doesnt care about players at all. Take your pick.

2. The reward of all the effort listed above is a joke. The Dov-Rha Sabatons are probably the worst mythic there is for beeing among the hardest to farm. There is not a single use for these boots
to be found in PVE. They might sound suitable for PvP, but as players with more PvP experience have pointed out in many other threads here, they also suck in PvP because the can keep
up with any alternative.

So far this item has been nothing but frustrating and a dissapointment. Pretty much the opposite of what a mythic item should be.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In regards to the psijic portals make sure you harvest rune nodes you come across they share spawn locations and you can make some good amount of gold from the mundane runes.

Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, can someone come up with any use for these? I mean, even a troll/meme/themed build, anything?

My though process ends here:
    1. Dov-Rha
    2. Stage 4 Vampire
    3. ??????

Options
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried it out, but it seems pretty good on paper. It gives up to 13.2k resists with pretty decent uptime. Sure it doesn't compare to brokensoul, but it might be good for people who don't wanna play a one bar build.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trinotops wrote: »
    Haven't tried it out, but it seems pretty good on paper. It gives up to 13.2k resists with pretty decent uptime. Sure it doesn't compare to brokensoul, but it might be good for people who don't wanna play a one bar build.

Broken soul is not OP at all:
    https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/broken-soul
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Broken soul is not OP at all:
    https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/broken-soul

Seriously, all these posts about this ring and it's not even as strong as 1 piece Trainee
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, this thing had better have a difficult proc condition for how strong its effects are.

Niche items should be strong, it is good to have strong sets that only work for one or two very particular playstyles, in my opinion. I'm more interested in this Mythic than many of the prior ones, but I definitely understand if not many people are.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, this thing had better have a difficult proc condition for how strong its effects are.

Niche items should be strong, it is good to have strong sets that only work for one or two very particular playstyles, in my opinion. I'm more interested in this Mythic than many of the prior ones, but I definitely understand if not many people are.

I think it has more promise on vamp bombing specs than anything else. Sprint in, invisible as a vampire, and then stop mid group, hit tether, with VD and/or plaguebreak, maybe balorgh. Then spam an aoe to finish the bomb, and sprint out. Very niche, and still, likely better specs for this anyways.
    Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be excited for this new mythic, if it wasn't for the fact that... well, those requirements seem to be:

"well, players, grind GRIND!"
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>restoration of destroyed cities, eg. Satakalaam, Aswala, Gil-Var-Delle, etc. Making them permanently restored, maybe with some traders OR minor quest hubs.

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>a mount OF CHOICE (eg. horse, senche, quasigryph) for every 1200 CP in respective colours
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to gold gain from every source for 900 CP collected on Craft
    >> a permanent 5% attack / defence bonus for 900 CP collected on Warfare
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to health/stam/mag regen and 5% health/stam/mag increase for 900 CP on Fitness

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Dungeons

>>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet they are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being engaged

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mythics exist to add activity to dead zones, for their spreadsheet numbers. They're designed to be grindy.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mythic will be imho kinda impossible to get, as one of the leads drops from the group content, that does not have group finder support... :open_mouth:

It is worse than Death Dealer's Fete that had a lead drop from Dragonstar Arena. Again - group content with no group finder support. But at least Dragonstar Arena is older content and it can be soloed on normal. Sunspire Trial 1st Boss on the other hand is pretty much impossible to solo. I was able to reach one of the Dragon bosses that has a chance to drop the lead, but after a couple of wipes (I was solo) I gave up. Not worth the time imho. It takes like 1 hour just to kill all of the "bullet sponge" mobs just to get to the boss. But then, boss is kinda impossible to beat solo. And on top of that - it has "a chance" to drop the lead. :#

It is a shame, because I was ready to spend some $ on the Dungeon DLCs just for the lead.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That 13k armor is only while sprinting after 10 seconds, and stops immediately if you hit a slight rock or bump. You can't dodge or use skills while it's active. It also means you'd need to have <20k armor to start with in order to not go over the armor cap, which is too low for many builds.

Setting aside the fact that landing the stun takes a lot of set-up, positioning, and luck for little benefit.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That 13k armor is only while sprinting after 10 seconds, and stops immediately if you hit a slight rock or bump. You can't dodge or use skills while it's active. It also means you'd need to have <20k armor to start with in order to not go over the armor cap, which is too low for many builds.

Setting aside the fact that landing the stun takes a lot of set-up, positioning, and luck for little benefit.

From a PVP perspective, the armor cap doesn't really matter though. Anything over the cap is just more resistances that an opponent has to penetrate. You still only get at most 50% reduction, but say you have 55K resistances, and your opponent has 10K pen, well, at 45K resistances, you are above the cap and get the full 50% reduction. Say you have 35K resistances, and your opponent has 10K pen, you now have 25K resistances, and are now below the 50% reduction maximum.

So you absolutely benefit from having resistances over the cap in PVP because the cap is only factored in after penetration.
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I think it has more promise on vamp bombing specs than anything else. Sprint in, invisible as a vampire, and then stop mid group, hit tether, with VD and/or plaguebreak, maybe balorgh. Then spam an aoe to finish the bomb, and sprint out. Very niche, and still, likely better specs for this anyways.

Definitely along the lines of what I'm thinking, but maybe (hopefully) not best on PB+VD builds as you say, but yes a similar tactic

20 stacks will be hard to get yes but it's still something at 10 stacks - it's still more mitigation than Markyn, anyhow, so for an accommodating playstyle it might stand up to that Mythic, which is probably the most popular PvP Mythic in Ascending Tide.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 16, 2022 11:38PM
    Options
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sunspire lead is insane. You would think the trial would have a higher drop rate than the others but it doesn't seem so....
    Options
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only use case for this mystic i can think of is scroll runs in cyrodiil. Other than that it’s kinda trash.
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did get some High Isle mythic lead from psijic portal. Dunno how many I opened since it started dropping, I open every one I pass by. Too bad I'll wait for sale so my leads will expire. Portals share spawns with runestone nodes, so running rune harvesting circle might help. If it does not, at least you get mundane runes. I myself harvest nodes I notice while doing other things.
    Edited by rpa on June 17, 2022 4:40AM
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to ressurect this thread, because upon acquiring this item and trying it on, it turned out that it is actually way more useful than description would suggest.

What it does not mention, is that stacks are only consumed upon full stop, but as long as you keep moving (not sprinting), you keep current stacks for 5 seconds and duration is easily refreshed by tapping sprint for split second. Roll dodging, streaking, shortly going into sneak with vamp passive, block-moving, jumping - all good.

What this means is, you can essentially keep your stacks without wasting any stamina (and gain too, you don't have to sprint consecutively for 10 seconds), and when you are stunned or rooted, it will act as counter stun in similar manner to Zoal.

WAY more useful that originally thought. 13k armor for tapping sprint every couple of seconds and counter-stun.
    Options
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me I always thought the sabatons weren't for solo pvp play, they feel really fun to use but works best when a part of a team, which is why I think alot of pvpers bemoan them because well coordinated groups are tbh pretty rare, gonna use them on my vampire nb once I get some more experience in pvp in general, a friend and I are gonna use them with a bomb build for funnsies
    Options
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    17 normal Sunspire runs and no lead

anyone know chances on vet higher?
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 normal Sunspire runs and no lead

anyone know chances on vet higher?

The chances are the same across modes. I pulled it on run 2 or 3 I think, on normal.
    Options