Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crown Store items only available to buy with gems/seals

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Aren't ZOS doing themselves a disservice here? I saw an item advertised in the latest ESO news that I'd really like to buy, but it's only available to buy with gems or seals, not crowns. So now they're missing out on my crowns (paid for with real money), and I miss out on an item I really wanted. :(

Even if I convert all items in my inventory to gems that can be converted (and then I could get these back with crowns), I'll still fall short of the number of gems I need for that item.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 14, 2022 10:05AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might seem that way to you (and many others of us too) but sadly no. Because unlike you there are people out there who are not only able to purchase enough gambling creates to get whatever junk they need to turn into Crown Gems but they are also willing to do so and do.

This in the minds (and bank balances) of ZOS justify it enough to keep the system the way it is sadly.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do not nibble whale bait if you are not one.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s taken me this long to figure out that Seals of Endeavor can only be used to buy things for sale in Crown gems. I was assuming that items for sale in Crowns could be bought with Seals as well. The two pages in the store have many of the same items so it confused me at first.

When the Auri-El statue was on sale I was unable to use Seals to purchase it and I was also unable to find any reputable Crown sellers.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gem-only items are there to drain gems from the people who buy a lot of crates and have a lot of gems. ZOS don't want those gems accumulating to the point where these people can buy everything from a new crate season with existing gems. They use the gem-only items to deplete their gems and then when a new season comes along they have to start from scratch and buy lots and lots of crates.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the crown store is not made for the customer, it's made for the seller.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, now can I have a translation, please?
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

People who spend a ridiculous amount of cash on games are nicknamed whales.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

I see, it was an insult then.
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭

I see, it was an insult then.[/quote]

Actually it was sarcastic suggestion.

As for main topic, Ive seen that gem only items return to crown store for crowns, usually in 3-6 month. Not legendary mounts tho.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caupo wrote: »

Actually it was sarcastic suggestion.

As for main topic, Ive seen that gem only items return to crown store for crowns, usually in 3-6 month. Not legendary mounts tho.
    Thanks, that gives me some hope, then.
    Edited by vsrs_au on June 14, 2022 6:24AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    No problem, thanks for that, I should have put it in there to start with.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which item was it? If it's one of the Wild Hunt ones (Spriggan, Horse), I would assume that they'll be around for a good while, based on how long the previous set was in the store. Gives you time to come up with seals, at least.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No offence ment. A whale is the established term for a player who spends much more cash than average player on game and for that reason is target for special marketing strategies tailored just for them. To get the stuff for whales one pretty much have to spend like one.