The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Faction War is essentially a Moot Point now

• HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Factions are nowhere near a thing from the past. Where you have PvP, you have team vs team in one way or the other. Even in sports when you see your favourite club playing, you get this faction pride. Those games that just randomly mix people together and call them team blue and red feel so poorly designed, it doesn't motivate me at all to play these kinds of games or modes. Having factions is just that nice little extra to give more depth to everything. Good vs bad, light vs dark, freedom vs rules, angels vs demons, knights vs monsters, werewolves vs vampires, you get the idea. Factions are simply cooler and makes me much more motivated to play, if I can view the boys and girls I play with as battlebrothers and sisters fighting side by side for victory. The "red vs blue, highest points win" kind of deals are so boring, its way too simplified to actually fit the complexity that RPG's and MMO's in general consist of.

We don't need less faction wars, we need BETTER faction wars. I would even go so far and stop calling the current Cyrodiil a faction war. Faction hopping is so out of control nowadays its not fun anymore, everyone is a turncoat only interested in PvDoor or helping their friends on the other sides with double teaming, map flipping, emp boosting or scroll trading. This is not faction war to me.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    Cyrodiil needs a major revamp; its a huge map with copy pasta'd keeps and towers mirrored 3 times. It feels like so much wasted space that could have much more potential.

The wasted space is there for a reason. Cyrodiil is designed for large battles and the end goal is to control the map. The keeps and chokepoints are used to create a better chance of large encounters taking place. The open area provides strategy in controlling the map. If the map were more compact controlling the map would be more a pure numbers game than it is now. As it is now a group can get past the enemy and cut them off. The long ride provides opportunity and strategy that isn't there on a smaller map. The open area gives smaller groups a chance to have an impact on map control.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about a title if your faction won the war that month?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Alliance War & Imperial City section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we need an Imperial faction, maybe on the Emperor keeps as home keeps, trying to defend against everyone :D