Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO nerfs everyone

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
Reading the Patch notes v8.0.5 got to the CP area and seen the nerfs. Changing from 5 stages down to 2 stages then applying 3% per stage adds up to less damage. So I predict that Necromancer, Night blade, Templar and Warden class will be the hot topic in the near future. Dragon Knights have been reduced to a Tanking class for the most cases. There will be ways to get the DK to do damage but will not be the same after this patch unless buffed in the future.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 6, 2022 9:48PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's one of those cases where if everyone is nerfed, is anyone really nerfed?

Just like if everyone is overpowered, is anyone really overpowered?

(for PvP anyway)

Did we at least get a CP reset? I haven't been able to check.
    Options
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most funny things for me were Developer Comments.

DK - Class created to suffer
    CP - To much "Power Creep" from it

Like cmon xD u can do better than this...
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile trial guilds are increasing dps requirements - yay progress...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all the scuttlebutt I've heard, it's magtemps and stamsorcs that are going to be the new darlings this patch. Only time will tell.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh good, this again

dk is still going to be crazy strong across all roles, just slightly less strong. of course, in online discourse "slightly less crazy strong" translates "nerfed to the ground and worthless", i do understand this

cp nerfs were justified because who was really using anything other than the passives they nerfed?

skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    o8faqcocvcfz.png
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

This is pretty spot on. The Power Creep largely comes from new gear and skill changes and so they nerf CP. SMH.

Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile trial guilds are increasing dps requirements - yay progress...

Couple of patches back, I saw a trial guild recruitment post requiring 130+ for DPS and 125+ for healers/tanks.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Spiral__Architect
    Cadbury wrote: »
    From all the scuttlebutt I've heard, it's magtemps and stamsorcs that are going to be the new darlings this patch. Only time will tell.

Yes, since crystal fragment now procs on any non ult ability stam sorcs now have access to it.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, since crystal fragment now procs on any non ult ability stam sorcs now have access to it.

Are stam sorcs going to choose crystal fragments over crystal weapon though? Or am I still not used to all this hybridization and both are equally viable now for stam builds?
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are stam sorcs going to choose crystal fragments over crystal weapon though? Or am I still not used to all this hybridization and both are equally viable now for stam builds?

it will definitely see some use and be more than viable, though i think crystal weapon will still overshadow it in the long run...on both stam and mag builds, maybe
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    48mi13i9o90j.jpg
    (sorry to meme, I'm killing time before the servers are up)
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having just adjusted to the massive nerf from last year (came back to the game in Jan), I can't believe we are getting nerfed again. Pretty soon it will be like not even having CP. And of course, as soon as players start feeling like CP doesn't even matter, they will probably feel they are at total endgame, get bored and move on.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

power creep is not from CP as that is very static. Since we do not get more CP every year it could not be the source of powercreep. Changes Zenimax makes to the game outside of CP is where the real powercreep is coming from.
    Options
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players: "ZoS healing is way to strong in PvP we need a way to kill tanky opponents!"

ZoS: *Nerfs almost every damage CP*
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to mitigate the impact of the broken sets they keep releasing somehow. CP is not paywalled, the sets are, so CP is the easy choice there.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of those cases where if everyone is nerfed, is anyone really nerfed?

Just like if everyone is overpowered, is anyone really overpowered?

(for PvP anyway)

Did we at least get a CP reset? I haven't been able to check.

Well unless they reduced the health and damage of all trial bosses then yes it's a nerf
    Options
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What got me was the comments on Green Dragon Blood. Saying the nerf was because it brought DKs back from the brink of death, than literally in the next sentence saying the ability was supposed to bring them back from the brink of death.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What got me was the comments on Green Dragon Blood. Saying the nerf was because it brought DKs back from the brink of death, than literally in the next sentence saying the ability was supposed to bring them back from the brink of death.

Obviously, it needed a buff nerf
    Options
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You see it's supposed to heal you but not HEAL you. I can see why that would confuse you.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
    Options
  • Spiral__Architect

It will be something to look at as crystal weapon now grants bonus to the next 2 HA/LA.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    My concern is they nurfed damage sources and left healing alone. They really don't seem to listen at all. HEALING IS TOO MUCH PVE AND PVP.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
    Options
  • totzummrdave_ESO
    totzummrdave_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... another nerf? Looks like it's time to nerf their paychecks... again.
    Options
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that those who suffered the most from the nerf suffered even before the nerf. My tank-dk - did not notice the difference. My werewolves didn't notice the difference. Simply because they did NOT use defensive CP. But my casters in light armor, which were forced to use defensive CP in order to somehow survive, began to die even faster. ZOS again nerfed not what was needed.
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
    Options
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP doesn't do much anymore anyway. Feels more like a system they introduced to nerf the power of the game, and then slowly nerf it more and more until they can just remove CP bonuses entirely without as much backlash as if they had just removed CP1. It's at most a ~10% increase in damage, meaning if you do 100k DPS you'll see 90k without it. But it's usually closer to 5% total dps increase. It's basically just a sustain tool now. It's no longer a big deal like it used to be, and if they wanted to get rid of it entirely, I wouldn't be happy. But I wouldn't be surprised.
    Edited by merpins on June 7, 2022 12:00AM
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you won't notice unless you are not in the end game guild , is it ?
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Dk would be balanced if the combustion was the only way to regen wich would make it more uniqueXD
    Options
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Those who think CP is not a powercreep don't know what they are talking about.

Hop into a couple of battlegrounds, play there for a while. After that go in any of the CP enabled Cyrodiil campaigns, and play there for a while. Then get back here and tell us again about how CP don't do much. Having anything below 1k CP in Cyrodiil is nothing but a big bad freekill sign above the head. A 2k CP player in trash gear can literally 1vX several low CP tryhards in meta setups without much effort and without any line of sighting.

Besides PvP there is also a reason why majority of trial guilds require anything above 1k++ CP. The difference CP make in PvE is big enough to disqualify anyone who is lacking CP for their lesser damage, healing output, survivability and lack of utility. Not having at least 50 points in every CP skill slot and not being able to swap them out when needed simply means the group is starting with a notable disadvantage.

CP's bring a powercreep. Period. The CP nerfs were a step in the right direction, but it still wasn't enough. At the end its just another half-baked level system thrown onto the base game levels with a couple thousands of levels more granting unnessessary boosts with a very slow grind to get them all and even then, it causes nothing but balancing problems.
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Those who think CP is not a powercreep don't know what they are talking about.

Hop into a couple of battlegrounds, play there for a while. After that go in any of the CP enabled Cyrodiil campaigns, and play there for a while. Then get back here and tell us again about how CP don't do much. Having anything below 1k CP in Cyrodiil is nothing but a big bad freekill sign above the head. A 2k CP player in trash gear can literally 1vX several low CP tryhards in meta setups without much effort and without any line of sighting.

Besides PvP there is also a reason why majority of trial guilds require anything above 1k++ CP. The difference CP make in PvE is big enough to disqualify anyone who is lacking CP for their lesser damage, healing output, survivability and lack of utility. Not having at least 50 points in every CP skill slot and not being able to swap them out when needed simply means the group is starting with a notable disadvantage.

CP's bring a powercreep. Period. The CP nerfs were a step in the right direction, but it still wasn't enough. At the end its just another half-baked level system thrown onto the base game levels with a couple thousands of levels more granting unnessessary boosts with a very slow grind to get them all and even then, it causes nothing but balancing problems.

I think they should make each cp give and take so you get 10%dmg but you take 20% more or you get crit dmg but your crit chance is capped at 50%. Or you run faster but it increase cost of running basicly make picks matter more with the weight of pros and cons built in. And make stars wich does opposites not work for example if you do stamina star you cant pick more magicka vice versa
    Edited by Lailaamell on June 7, 2022 12:02PM
    Options