Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO nerfs everyone

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    Reading the Patch notes v8.0.5 got to the CP area and seen the nerfs. Changing from 5 stages down to 2 stages then applying 3% per stage adds up to less damage. So I predict that Necromancer, Night blade, Templar and Warden class will be the hot topic in the near future. Dragon Knights have been reduced to a Tanking class for the most cases. There will be ways to get the DK to do damage but will not be the same after this patch unless buffed in the future.

Thank gods.
    Edited by Idinuse on June 7, 2022 12:26PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet people are doing more damage than ever. People moan about nerfs every single patch yet power creep always continues.

I remember when 30k DPS was considered a top tier parse. Now it's what, 140k or thereabouts?
    Edited by BloodMagicLord on June 7, 2022 12:28PM
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    But reason ppl moan is nerfing is not always a good way to balance for if you only do nerfs eventually most classes end up unplayable sometimes a class do well only then compared to other classes not doing well it can either be the class is to strong or the other just do as well skill wise dk for example got a very good kit templar honestly i never seen them using anything but jab light ritual and charge. Reason dk is top id partly for it isnt a very complex class. Balance by resources feels not as a good thing for bad management of resources isnt a thing to strive to balance towards. Dks issue in pvp feels more related to their amazing abillity to shut down a target with low counter play against it
    Edited by Lailaamell on June 8, 2022 8:11AM
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    madman65 wrote: »
    Reading the Patch notes v8.0.5 got to the CP area and seen the nerfs. Changing from 5 stages down to 2 stages then applying 3% per stage adds up to less damage. So I predict that Necromancer, Night blade, Templar and Warden class will be the hot topic in the near future. Dragon Knights have been reduced to a Tanking class for the most cases. There will be ways to get the DK to do damage but will not be the same after this patch unless buffed in the future.

Thank gods.

Dk should get nerfed further we need less dk tank XD
    Options
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who think CP is not a powercreep don't know what they are talking about.
    Maybe you and they have different definitions for power creep and they only talk about PvE.

Power creep is when older content becomes trivialized by things added by new content. For example vMA becoming much easier on all classes thanks to the addition of the Ring of the Pale Order. Old CP system was way stronger than current CP system in my opinion.
    CP's bring a powercreep. Period. The CP nerfs were a step in the right direction, but it still wasn't enough. At the end its just another half-baked level system thrown onto the base game levels with a couple thousands of levels more granting unnessessary boosts with a very slow grind to get them all and even then, it causes nothing but balancing problems.
    CP makes you more powerful, how much powerful is up to debate ofc. I also think reducing power gain from CP is not a bad thing btw. Still, can't help but wonder, if CP doesn't give you any noticeable power then what is the point of the CP system? Just QoL stuff?

I just hate how ZoS closely monitor the blue CP tree and make adjustments frequently but ignore all player complaints about the green tree.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    Maybe you and they have different definitions for power creep and they only talk about PvE.

Power creep is when older content becomes trivialized by things added by new content. For example vMA becoming much easier on all classes thanks to the addition of the Ring of the Pale Order. Old CP system was way stronger than current CP system in my opinion.
    CP's bring a powercreep. Period. The CP nerfs were a step in the right direction, but it still wasn't enough. At the end its just another half-baked level system thrown onto the base game levels with a couple thousands of levels more granting unnessessary boosts with a very slow grind to get them all and even then, it causes nothing but balancing problems.
    CP makes you more powerful, how much powerful is up to debate ofc. I also think reducing power gain from CP is not a bad thing btw. Still, can't help but wonder, if CP doesn't give you any noticeable power then what is the point of the CP system? Just QoL stuff?

I just hate how ZoS closely monitor the blue CP tree and make adjustments frequently but ignore all player complaints about the green tree.

Cp needs to be remade to be pro and con system like get 10% higher dmg at cost of take 30% more dmg or take less dmg but deal half and heal less so all stars also gives you a debuff . Deal more dmg for each status you put on enemy but you get same status effect on yourself and cant remove them deal so you dont gain something without a price
    Edited by Lailaamell on June 8, 2022 9:09AM
    Options
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »

Flat damage sets, mythic items and hybridization has done more for power creep than the CP system. Go back and parse on your mag toons wearing MS, Siroria and 2pc Zaan which was the meta not so long ago and see how close you come to the 140K top end numbers you see on the parse dummy today.

The hard part about putting the cat back in the bag though is some new hard modes content is balanced around a high tier of DPS. Taking to reigns off allowed more accessibility to the hardest PvE endgame content. That accessibility is still gated by the community however. Raid leads know that these trials don’t require 110-120K+ DPS but they ask for it anyway making that accessibility point moot.

The game doesn’t need combat and CP systems rebalanced like this so often. It doesn’t make the game fresh grinding the latest meta every couple of months, it makes it tedious and mind numbing.

As for CP it’s already kind of sad to me. To spend 50 points for a minor increase to stats. There really isn’t much progression anymore. And QOL comes from not having to pay 3K to charge a slottable once you amass enough CP. it’s not a good system if you ask me.
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heavy handed nerf to Combustion only hurts PvErs and normal DK pvpers. A 1 second cooldown I could understand, but a 3 second cooldown is a complete overreaction. Sustain isn't even the source of the problem. It's Healing.
    Edited by ArcVelarian on June 9, 2022 1:18AM
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    The heavy handed nerf to Combustion only hurts PvErs and normal DK pvpers. A 1 second cooldown I could understand, but a 3 second cooldown is a complete overreaction. Sustain isn't even the source of the problem. It's Healing.

I thought it was petrify talons combo
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lailaamell wrote: »

I thought it was petrify talons combo

If someone is getting killed by that, then it's a matter of counterplay.

At the end of the day, PvE and PvE should be getting balanced separately.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options